inTank Media Baskets

Micro-Reefs LLC

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
jbowser said:
He mike,

That FW tank looks really cute! Is that the coralife aqualight mini? It looks like its a good fit, but according to the specs it should be 11" and not 9", although it looks like you took something off the sides?

Is there any reason why you choose for the AC20 on this tank?

Can't wait to see how it looks in the acrylic version, I'm still looking for the best shipping option ;)

The light you see on this 1.6 gallon glass tank, is not the 11 inch Aqualight, but the old discontinued 9 inch Power Compact Aqualight.

Because of the overwhelming popularity of LED fixtures for Reefs, I have brought three new LED's that are extremely impressive. Both lights will work on the 1.6 gallon Micro-Reefs Acrylic tank!

Here are the two latest ones and they are for sale on my site:

2gwym8g.jpg

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
The first one looks really nice!

Maybe you could take a few shots of those new fixtures on the 1,6 and 2g tanks when time permits ;)

Jb

JB,

We are now going to carry Kessil LED ligts for our picos, here they are:

Here it is on our 1.6 gallon pico...

sm91tz.jpg

Bottom up on 1.6 gallon pico...

qn5h8m.jpg

Here it is on our 3 gallon pico...

kehque.jpg

Another view on the 3 gallon pico...

23p1y0.jpg

You can mount the Kessil on the back or side... They are now on our site.... B)

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
:o

I would worry about the acrylic melting under that LASER

Not a chance, we ran R&D quietly for any such disturbance in acrylic and it CLEARED!!! B)

Update:

My good friend, sent me some pics he took just this weekend of Monterey diving... These are the rich colors of the temperate waters....

Look at the purple coraline algae...

35i6o9w.jpg

Amazing corals...

1628bbc.jpg

What about these colors...

2qdmkv4.jpg

Man are those some nice pictures! I'm so jealous you got to see a grey whale!

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Man are those some nice pictures! I'm so jealous you got to see a grey whale!

Felicia,

Our cold water reef will exhibit these wonderful colors, as far as the whale is concerned, he/she got away. We only got the wake of silt on video!

Sunday is all about getting the rest of the critters and live rock for our "Temperate Pico" I can hardly wait to go collect.

MG

Edited by mikeguerrero
Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Ccapasso,

This is for you, you inquired about LED uniform spread over tank. We use the AI Sol which is 12 L x 5.25 W

Our company tank is 25 gallons and it's dims are 21 L x 14 W x 16 H (display area)!

Length of tank...

wa0kdk.jpg

Width of tank...

wuqqva.jpg

Height of tank...

2gwwbxg.jpg

Dimensions of the Aqua Illumination LED (Blue)

Length of fixture....

mlmex2.jpg

Width of fixture...

j9yeyr.jpg

Now here is the tank displaying how much light hits left, center and right side of display!

Left side...

vgnbe1.jpg

Right side...

51agih.jpg

Center...

dr832q.jpg

I added this last pic so you can see one complete side of the tank, rocks will occlude light...

2rw16o9.jpg

Remember that our AI Sol is only .5 inches above tank.

I believe the Reef Bright light that you want for the 8 gallon shallow will cover more area especially if you raise her.

MG

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Update:

The 1.6 gallon Micro-Reef tank is one of the reasons I started Micro-Reefs LLC, it's cute, small and elegant! I decided to run a pico reef WITHOUT SAND AND WITH SURFACE SKIMMING....

Okay so I found the Imagine filter which is excellent for this endeavor, please check out the R&D

Shown here with the 1.6 gallon Micro-Reefs pico...

3586g74.jpg

Fish flakes are spread across tank...

a43jmh.jpg

Turn the filter on...

2qworj4.jpg

Close up of the surface skimmer...

fwiqs0.jpg

Virtually undetectable skimmer since it's black...

3133x41.jpg

Surface agitation is great and the flakes are gone!!!

k48bw5.jpg

Conclusion, this duo is awesome for the pico that needs to be super clean, I'm gong to be testing the LED fixture next on this combo, and set it up for SPS corals, that's right SPS corals.... Nuff said!!! B)

How much would it be for a 15"L x 15"W x 9" high tank? It is just a little under 9 gallons. I'm looking into a shallow cube and thought I would get a quote from you for an acrylic. Would like to have it view-able from all 4 sides.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
How much would it be for a 15"L x 15"W x 9" high tank? It is just a little under 9 gallons. I'm looking into a shallow cube and thought I would get a quote from you for an acrylic. Would like to have it view-able from all 4 sides.

I have your quote ready for TruVu. They open at 8am on Monday California time, so I'll have their response by the end of the day. Do you want it with a standard filter slot of 9 inches?

MG

Thanks for the pics Mike.

Anytime, you can see that the AI sol is short in comparison to my tank, yet it still offers an impressive spread!

Edited by mikeguerrero
I have your quote ready for TruVu. They open at 8am on Monday California time, so I'll have their response by the end of the day. Do you want it with a standard filter slot of 9 inches?

MG

Anytime, you can see that the AI sol is short in comparison to my tank, yet it still offers an impressive spread!

No filter slot, because I plan on drilling for a sump! Hehe So I guess just a constant brace all the way around

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
No filter slot, because I plan on drilling for a sump! Hehe So I guess just a constant brace all the way around

Nice,

Recently many reefers are building tanks with sumps, if you have the space , drop in a nice engine! Will have that quote for you tomorrow! (Black background, right?)

Nice,

Recently many reefers are building tanks with sumps, if you have the space , drop in a nice engine! Will have that quote for you tomorrow! (Black background, right?)

Hmm tough choice! Sure why not! Lol

Nice,

(Black background, right?)

I a previous post he said 4 side viewable , so I hope he really wants a black background

See

had a HUGE mishap today. Got my TLF nano mag out of my 5.5g (says on site they are acrylic safe) NOPE !!

HUGE SCRATCH ACROSS THE FRONT OF MY TANK :tears:

makes me want to tear it all down.

I a previous post he said 4 side viewable , so I hope he really wants a black background

See

had a HUGE mishap today. Got my TLF nano mag out of my 5.5g (says on site they are acrylic safe) NOPE !!

Yeah it is up in the air right now! Not sure if I want to set it up to be an island setup or against the wall

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

See

Are you serious? Was the TLF nano mag fully submerged in water when it happened? I know from experience on my tank that they will scratch Acrylic if I run it to the bottom and I pick up a grain of sand!

The sand will dig into the acrylic!

I currently use that tank as a tester tank for all my new innovations.

Yeah it is up in the air right now! Not sure if I want to set it up to be an island setup or against the wall

I forgot that was your post on clear background, I would keep that concept, if you can make it an island viewable in your home.

That's an Rbaby classic look! Have you seen her tank?

See

Are you serious? Was the TLF nano mag fully submerged in water when it happened? I know from experience on my tank that they will scratch Acrylic if I run it to the bottom and I pick up a grain of sand!

I currently use that tank as a tester tank for all my new innovations.

100% serious , it was fully submerged, and I made SURE there was no sand/gravel in it before I put it in the tank. very pissed off about it.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
100% serious , it was fully submerged, and I made SURE there was no sand/gravel in it before I put it in the tank. very pissed off about it.

PM sent....

Yep. I found out the same the hard way. I also scratched my acrylic tank with an acrylic safe nano mag. Turns out there was sand in the water column and a grain became caught between the mag and the acrylic resulting in a 2" scratch. It's easy to test if it's the mag or the sand: just clean the mag really good and try again. Also, there are a number of acrylic polish kits out there if you don't mind using a little elbow grease.

Now that I'm aware of this, I'm more careful and haven't had a scratch in 3 months-- and I continue to use the nano mag.

Edited by chippwalters
Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Update:

The ever popular Display Fuge is coming to production because of the popularity of reefers wanting to have it as an option on our site.

I want to personally thank reefer Chipp, for bringing us this fantastic idea! Here is the picture of it's design, courtesy Chipp!

35bbfgg.jpg

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Update:

Hi all, I spoke to APOGEE instruments today about ordering me the Quantum Meter Model MQ-200, to be able to give you PAR readings on all the light fixtures we sell at Micro-Reefs LLC...

This is the picture of the model I will get...

25a298y.jpg

Before I purchase it, is this the best one out in the market? Will this one be enough to give you all accurate readings?

These units are expensive! Ouch!! :o

Edited by mikeguerrero

I would just get the SQ model. That is the one I use. Just hook it up to a multimeter that reads mV's and multiply the reading by 5. Voila, accurate PAR readings for $140.