Cultivated Reef

Micro-Reefs LLC

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Thank you for the photo! It looks great! I was wondering if we could possibly see a picture of the new 6" fixture? It would be interesting to see its color and intensity. (sorry for being a pain)...

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Thank you for the photo! It looks great! I was wondering if we could possibly see a picture of the new 6" fixture? It would be interesting to see its color and intensity. (sorry for being a pain)...

We don't have the 6 fixture in stock, it's at the warehouse... I will be getting them in at the end of the week, once I do, no problem...

MG

After further thought, it's not possible to drain the Fuge tank without another lower bulkhead. Here are some more visualizations on how this would work.

The key point is the Fuge is HIGHER than the Display Tank:

FUGE-FRONT.jpg

And, you could still use a diversion valve in order to help refill with new saltwater.

FUGE-BACK.jpg

:bowdown::blink:

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Update....

Micro-Reefs LLC is excited to announce the completion of R&D. Our hope was to make a simple temperate reef tank:

2 gallon pico, AC 20 filter, Coralife T5 fixture and the CoolWorks Micro-Chiller w/controller...

I will be placing a package together known as the Temperate Pico on my site.

Still strong, vibrant colors on the live rock... :)

2w7hfmo.jpg

Close up, barnacles showed positive life throughout R&D :D

19rp86.jpg

Hey all,

I'm looking into getting an acrylic tank (have glass now) and have a few questions for those of you that have them currently:

1. What tools do you use to clean?

2. How easily do they scratch?

Thanks

He mike,

Any pics of the new 6,69" fixture?

And the temperate tank looks great! How long before youre putting some more live in there?

And is there any news on the quotes?

Jb

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Hey all,

I'm looking into getting an acrylic tank (have glass now) and have a few questions for those of you that have them currently:

1. What tools do you use to clean?

2. How easily do they scratch?

Thanks

1. Soft clean t-shirt to wipe on the outside of the acrylic. Acrylic safe Nano-mag cleaner for the inside, you must be careful when the cleaner reaches the sand, because if you pick up a grain of salt between the cleaner and the acrylic, it will scratch the inside and you will see it. I never clean below a certain point, I use a old tooth brush for the very bottom.

2. Any sharp items like keys, knife, edge of belt buckle will put a scratch on the outside of acrylic.

He mike,

Any pics of the new 6,69" fixture?

And the temperate tank looks great! How long before youre putting some more live in there?

And is there any news on the quotes?

Jb

Nope,

But I will be getting one in on Friday from my wholesaler. I can check it out then and report back. Regarding the temperate tank, R&D doesn't allow you to place life in there 1st trial run.

I was required to just run the live rock and not any sessile inverts or fish.

They go in now, but the tank is approved for home use. Ammonia and Nitrite all cleared and life continued perfectly in 55 degrees of cold water. :)

MG

:bowdown::blink:

This project is about to be scratched... Any reason you want to see it live?

1. Soft clean t-shirt to wipe on the outside of the acrylic. Acrylic safe Nano-mag cleaner for the inside, you must be careful when the cleaner reaches the sand, because if you pick up a grain of salt between the cleaner and the acrylic, it will scratch the inside and you will see it. I never clean below a certain point, I use a old tooth brush for the very bottom.

2. Any sharp items like keys, knife, edge of belt buckle will put a scratch on the outside of acrylic.

MG

Have you (or anyone) ever used these:

Kent marine ProScraper II

Thanks Mike :)

BTW, I've been meaning to ask you, do you have a pic of your tanks with the lid on them? I'm curious how it fits and looks over the opening that is cut.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Thanks Mike :)

BTW, I've been meaning to ask you, do you have a pic of your tanks with the lid on them? I'm curious how it fits and looks over the opening that is cut.

Oh my goodness, are you for real? Just playing, here is your pictures... :P This is our 3 gallon pico...

4r3tip.jpg

iz58ck.jpg

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
YOU.NEED.A.PAR.METER!

I wanna know how much a lid reduces PAR because I'm considering one for my tank :).

Are you for real too? Who do you think I am, Marine Depot where I can answer all your questions immediately with photos? :o

Just kidden, so are you wanting me do par on my lids and then give you the free information? Okay, I'll do it but I first need to purchase a PAR meter...

I wonder how much better my business will go with the par meter, what will I sell? :o

I'll post my par numbers with and without the lid when I get my 4 gal setup.

YOU.NEED.A.PAR.METER!

I wanna know how much a lid reduces PAR because I'm considering one for my tank :).

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Update:

Micro-Reefs LLC will start taking pre-orders for the worlds smallest temperate reef tank!

Equipment:

(1) 2 gallon Micro-Reefs blue or black background acrylic tank; dims 11x6x7

(1) AquaClear 20 filter pre-drilled for Micro-Chiller

(1) CoolWorks Micro-Chiller

(1) CoolWorks controller for Micro-Chiller

(1) Odyssea temp gauge to calibrate CoolWorks controller

(1) Coralife Aqualight mini T5 fixture

This kit is on my site NOW! (HURRAY), pre-order it and save $10 dollars and it ships free! Be the fist to own the temperate Micro-Reefs tank!

359bjo3.jpg

Edited by mikeguerrero
Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Update:

My good friend, sent me some pics he took just this weekend of Monterey diving... These are the rich colors of the temperate waters....

Look at the purple coraline algae...

35i6o9w.jpg

Amazing corals...

1628bbc.jpg

What about these colors...

2qdmkv4.jpg

Amazing coloration on those! Still cycling my tank. It probably finished a week ago, but I'm waiting until next week to get a clean up crew. Currently looking for a way to build a Mame overflow with clear acrylic tubing. Lol Or use U-tubes. I have a pvc one that works great for my application but I forgot to paint it.. and its a black background tank..

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Amazing coloration on those! Still cycling my tank. It probably finished a week ago, but I'm waiting until next week to get a clean up crew. Currently looking for a way to build a Mame overflow with clear acrylic tubing. Lol Or use U-tubes. I have a pvc one that works great for my application but I forgot to paint it.. and its a black background tank..

Yeah,

I can't wait to see your thread.

Isn't it amazing what colors temperate waters have in their live rock? I'm going to be photographing the 2 gallon with a complete stock of critters/corals by next week, it should be very impressive.

R&D goes really slow when you are dealing with livestock...

This project means a lot to me, since I am a diver I know what can be placed in these confinements without detriment to the organisms. I studied ecological niches of Monterey and followed their guidelines to make this work.

As much as I would like to just make money on projects, I need to be realistic, and place myself as the buyer not just the seller.

Would I want a tank to crash! Absolutely not on the end that it was bad parts mixed with false promises of reef selection.

Read, and purchase from reputable individuals with proven success and when that doesn't work, don't venture into it! Wait, and do more reading!

Edited by mikeguerrero
Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Freshwater update:

Just wanted to show off the 1.6 gallon glass tank, I'm going to be converting it over to the 1.6 acrylic micro-reefs tank.

6t1wzk.jpg

25sxvyt.jpg

Edited by mikeguerrero

He mike,

That FW tank looks really cute! Is that the coralife aqualight mini? It looks like its a good fit, but according to the specs it should be 11" and not 9", although it looks like you took something off the sides?

Is there any reason why you choose for the AC20 on this tank?

Can't wait to see how it looks in the acrylic version, I'm still looking for the best shipping option ;)