inTank Media Baskets

Micro-Reefs LLC

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Not set up yet, as you see (kinda busy this time of year), but I wanted to post a pic of the custom 24"L x 10"W x 8"L build I got from Mike (listed on his site now as the 8 gallon). You can see why I specified the dimensions I did...fits perfectly. :)

iga46sxid33nvhno333p.jpg

The light is from a Fluval Spec and is just temporary. Any lighting suggestions? I'm leaning toward LED but the limited space above the tank (~6") limits options a bit.

I would worry about salt creep getting into those switches. Might think abbout moving that shelf over just a bit. Might not ever be a problem, but better to not chance it imo.

I would worry about salt creep getting into those switches. Might think abbout moving that shelf over just a bit. Might not ever be a problem, but better to not chance it imo.

Yep. Those switches don't actually do anything anymore so I was planning on just putting a solid plate over it.

I am ordering mine this week, and was leaning toward the AI SOL for this tank. My only concern is the tank being radioactive with that amount of light. LOL

:) That one would work great for most but given how close I need to have it (figure 4" off the water) I don't think anything with optics will cut it in terms of blend/spread.

:) That one would work great for most but given how close I need to have it (figure 4" off the water) I don't think anything with optics will cut it in terms of blend/spread.

what about the panorama modules form ecoxotic ? they are low profile and should work.

OR you may look into a NanoBox LED from DaveFason , those things are pretty sweet. I would go this route before the ecoxotic.

Edited by jbb_00
Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Not set up yet, as you see (kinda busy this time of year), but I wanted to post a pic of the custom 24"L x 10"W x 8"L build I got from Mike (listed on his site now as the 8 gallon). You can see why I specified the dimensions I did...fits perfectly. :)

iga46sxid33nvhno333p.jpg

The light is from a Fluval Spec and is just temporary. Any lighting suggestions? I'm leaning toward LED but the limited space above the tank (~6") limits options a bit.

Wow,

And Wow one more time, that beast looks really slick in that spot... Be sure that the weight will not be too much for the stand, water + live rocks can be heavy... ;)

Your tank is becoming popular, you are the designer and people are following your lead, good choice!

I am starting to look at vendors that carry a 24 inches across and a nice width light fixture, but not LED's. Trying to keep cost down to really nice T-5 fixtures.

If I find something nice, I will post on the thread, so you can bounce me some ideas, whether to ditch it or bring it to micro-reefs...

Thank you so much for posting your custom tank..... Looking forward to seeing it mature.... :)

Sincerely,

Mike Guerrero

Edited by mikeguerrero
Micro-Reefs Aquariums
I'm sad you took that tank down!

Yes,

That is what my girlfriend said. She loved all the colors and how cute it looked with mushrooms, corals and button polyps,..

But, all that cool stuff got transferred over to our company display tank, so I will photo it soon and show it here...

We have been wanting to try a cold water pico for some time, so I just didn't have the time to maintain three and I will be going back to work in January so, I need to take it easy... B)

Let's see what type of critters can come to life in a 55 degree pico.... It might be very interesting.... You never know what to expect with our picos.... :lol:

what about the panorama modules form ecoxotic ? they are low profile and should work.

OR you may look into a NanoBox LED from DaveFason , those things are pretty sweet. I would go this route before the ecoxotic.

The Nano Box is the one I really have my heart set on, actually, and have corresponded with Dave. Little more than I can spend right now but still well worth the asking price for sure. I may just have to make that one happen!

Wow,

And Wow one more time, that beast looks really slick in that spot... Be sure that the weight will not be too much for the stand, water + live rocks can be heavy... ;)

Your tank is becoming popular, you are the designer and people are following your lead, good choice!

I am starting to look at vendors that carry a 24 inches across and a nice width light fixture, but not LED's. Trying to keep cost down to really nice T-5 fixtures.

If I find something nice, I will post on the thread, so you can bounce me some ideas, whether to ditch it or bring it to micro-reefs...

Thank you so much for posting your custom tank..... Looking forward to seeing it mature.... :)

Sincerely,

Mike Guerrero

Should be ok, that shelving unit is seriously well-built. I hope! :) For a tank this height T5's would be perfect I think, and even a dual HO fixture would probably get some decent PAR...I just like the look and control-ability of LED.

Hi mike, I was reading your thread and browsed your website. I really like the 2.5gal kit, you said the corals did alright with the light in one of your posts right? How is the red sea HOB? Also, does the t-5 fit on it?

Edited by Oakleyguy89
Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Hi mike, I was reading your thread and browsed your website. I really like the 2.5gal kit, you said the corals did alright with the light in one of your posts right? How is the red sea HOB? Also, does the t-5 fit on it?

Let me know which tank exactly you are referring to on our site, I have so many I want to make sure I give you the correct information.

Thanks,

MG

How much do fish/coral collecting permits cost? I want to set up a small coldwater in a couple of years and I live a little bit away from monterey bay.

Very cheap,

Only $44 dollars for a year...

MG

Nano Box + Micro Reef = uber pico.

-Dave

PM sent...

Dave remember that M comes before N so that would be Micro Reef + Nano Box = uber pico J/K Hope you have a sense of humor, since most on this board know I'm a little out there... LOL

MG

Edited by mikeguerrero
Let me know which tank exactly you are referring to on our site, I have so many I want to make sure I give you the correct information.

Thanks,

MG

Very cheap,

Only $44 dollars for a year...

MG

PM sent...

Dave remember that M comes before N so that would be Micro Reef + Nano Box = uber pico J/K Hope you have a sense of humor, since most on this board know I've a little out there... LOL

MG

Its the 2.5gal glass kit with the beamworks LED.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Its the 2.5gal glass kit with the beamworks LED.

Ah,

Okay I see which kit you are referring to. The t-5 fixture is 11 inches across and the glass tank is 12 inches so it would only work if you place simple egg crate at 12 inches across. The tank has a lip to accommodate glass or egg crate.

The LED that come with the kit have legs that extend so that is why it make a nice pair, and yes it will grow corals.

The RedSea is a dynamic starter filter that will keep simple circulation going. I would recommend the AC 20 for that tank, but for the budget savvy reefer it will work.

Hope this helps out.... Let me know if I can answer any other questions.

MG

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

IT HAS FINALLY MADE IT'S APPEARANCE ON MICRO-REEFS... B)

Introducing the 5.5 acrylic micro-reefs tank with these specs 16L x 8.25W x 10H and an amazing 14 inch filter slot... :o

Side profile...

20ro7zq.jpg

Shown here with 14inch power compact...

25iolk6.jpg

5.5 gallon next to the 1.6 gallon...

ztw35s.jpg

Can one of these tanks fit an AC70? Or a 30?

Are we talking about the 12 inch glass tank? If so, the answer would be yes, if the filter length is 12 inches or smaller....

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Not so pico-ish, but still NICE

Ahh,

But all the nice corals and polyps that you see in our display are from our 2 gallon pico, that we tore down for the up and coming cold water pico... :)

So there is pico life in there, just have to look... :P

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
:lol:

noted

Bryan,

Now I have to find a way to market, the take me with you hand held pico... XBOX 360 is giving me some ideas... ;)

i6bjhf.jpg

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
I really want that tank to be real, but the longer it takes for him to produce more evidence of it the more I fear its just a good photo shop job. -_-

Bryan,

It might be a real tank, because after closely examining the picture, you can see that the LED's are bleaching out the top of the corals.

Residual light is noted lesser at the bottom than at the top, indication he might be running this thing.

The only problem, I see is that I don't see the tubes that he claims for return line and intake line on the Eheim canister filter.

I got skeptical, just there....