Pod Your Reef

Micro-Reefs LLC

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Here is my first update: Simple corals, Simple maintenance...

25kk3ko.jpg

2ignoyh.jpg

i6fc74.jpg

f3gvm0.jpg

fub1x3.jpg

This is using the Coralife Aqualight mini T5 bulbs... 10k and Actinic

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

With the holiday seasons closely coming, I found another special for the Glass pico lovers....

I have the Aqua Masters 2.5 gallon tank on sale for $15.99 and as a kit with the Beam's Work LED light and Nano Filter Redsea for $49.99.

Tank specs: 12L x 6W X 6.5H

It's just like my last sale I had but a different tank, supplier has no more curved tanks so I found a square... B)

svop5d.jpg

2cp2mtf.jpg

20sgd1f.jpg

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

And to my reefing community that insisted, "We want to see the Beams Work LED fixture over your tank Guerrero!!" Here they are... ;)

awwdtu.jpg

fjdjes.jpg

15gt2rt.jpg

If you compare to the Corlife mini aqualight you can see that the T5's produce a more richer purple, because of the actinic while the Beam's work, really pushes a bright sunlight look... I'm impressed with both options... :D

Now has that tank started and grown with the Beamworks LED? Or did you just put it there to make your products seem great.

Either way, looks awesome!

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Now has that tank started and grown with the Beamworks LED? Or did you just put it there to make your products seem great.

Either way, looks awesome!

Both,

I originally started the 2 gallon pico with the LED and later switched over to the Coralife because of the Actinic purple that I like in T-5's

So, I can say it's been a little bit of both...

Both spectrum's are impressive, you can't go wrong with either or... It's what you like, nice solid sharp crisp white or will it be a hint of purple pulling through your pico...

I spare no secrets, all is told and I'm honest.... : ;)

Edited by mikeguerrero

Mike, what kind of blue background is that on your tanks? What would be the closest off the shelf maybe with krylon?

Also I'm loving the T5, why can't my stock BC coralife produce those colors?

The Beam works is also really good!

Edited by metrokat
Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Mike, what kind of blue background is that on your tanks? What would be the closest off the shelf maybe with krylon?

Also I'm loving the T5, why can't my stock BC coralife produce those colors?

The Beam works is also really good!

Kat,

I spoke with TruVu, they will ask the owner which blue he uses and I'll give you the answer. I took two more pics with the T5 bulbs so you can see the blue effect of the background.

A lot of my customers that are female choose blue, while the boys order the black... I don't know why? Imagine if I could get the pink on the back, who would order? :lol:

sq6txw.jpg

2zgdrgx.jpg

If you look hard enough you can find yellow polyp carnations, yellow/green colt, and nepthea. A little hard to come by, but if you are willing to go through the trouble, they would look great.

Don't forget dendros, and I'm sure you can find some open brains as well.

Edited by duoc9119
Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Hi all,

Exciting news!!!

I just put on my site the new 4 gallon micro-reef tank... What I'm seeing is a lot of reefers love 3 gallons to 6 gallons... So I pulled out the new 14L x 7.5W x 9H in blue or black with an awesome size filter slot, 9 inches!!!

That means you greedy power hungry flow munching gurus can put the AC 70 which has a length of 8.5 inches, that's a lot of flow....

I also made sure to find an affordable Fixture and got the 24watt combo 50/50 for just $29 bucks on my site...

Here are the pics...

2r2699g.jpg

vdldhk.jpg

Edited by mikeguerrero
Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Hi all,

It has finally come time to start getting some dimensions from all of you regarding the build of our new AIO pico.

As part of this build, we will be using the Aqua illumination LED Nano fixture... (This is a very expensive but impressive LED source for this build)...

To accommodate this Nano fixture we decided on this dimension:

15L x 12W x 10H (Full footprint of tank) = 7.79 gallons

15L x 8W x 10H (Minus the built in filtration) = 5.19 gallons

I would market the new pico as our 5 gallon AIO Micro-Reefs (design name is in the making)

Can anyone else throw in some dimensions that they would like us to consider, for this build?

I will tally up the responses and come up with a final decision....

Thanks,

Mike Guerrero

Edited by mikeguerrero
Micro-Reefs Aquariums
AI's nano LED is a beauty, can't wait to see your new tank, your products certainly make me drool.

I've been looking at the beam works light a lot lately.

If I had a can of pink in my warehouse, I swear I would paint one of my BeamsWork fixtures, and then I'm sure I would tip the scale in my favor, and it would find it's way to your home.... :P

Hi all,

It has finally come time to start getting some dimensions from all of you regarding the build of our new AIO pico.

As part of this build, we will be using the Aqua illumination LED Nano fixture... (This is a very expensive but impressive LED source for this build)...

To accommodate this Nano fixture we decided on this dimension:

15L x 12W x 10H (Full footprint of tank) = 7.79 gallons

15L x 8W x 10H (Minus the built in filtration) = 5.19 gallons

I would market the new pico as our 5 gallon AIO Micro-Reefs (design name is in the making)

Can anyone else throw in some dimensions that they would like us to consider, for this build?

I will tally up the responses and come up with a final decision....

Thanks,

Mike Guerrero

Personally I like at least as much front-back depth as height. I guess you've only got so much to work with in an AIO, though, given the space required for the sump.

That new 4 gallon looks sweet!

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Personally I like at least as much front-back depth as height. I guess you've only got so much to work with in an AIO, though, given the space required for the sump.

That new 4 gallon looks sweet!

I like that concept, I could sacrifice some height for more in width or length, what would recommend?

If I had a can of pink in my warehouse, I swear I would paint one of my BeamsWork fixtures, and then I'm sure I would tip the scale in my favor, and it would find it's way to your home.... :P

:rolleyes: don't believe everything you read on here.

I have a 2.5 gallon sitting empty which would look sweet as a little frag tank with this light. Would the light promote growth?