Top Shelf Aquatics

$ Pit

saltwatercoral

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
saltwatercoral
Good luck bracing the floor. Cant wait to see this setup aswell. What are you using for lighting till Ai releases the new led setup?

I'm going to cycle the tank with no lights for now. When the tank is ready... That will tell me what I am going to go with. If the Vega is out than I'll do that. If its not, I'll do 3 of the black SOLs...

No radions? Personally I would trade in my SOL for radions after reading a very informative artical in CORAL, title is Blue Light if you have the mag or the app that is free on Apples Apps. Worth the read to any reefer that likes to play with the new stuff lol.

saltwatercoral
No radions? Personally I would trade in my SOL for radions after reading a very informative artical in CORAL, title is Blue Light if you have the mag or the app that is free on Apples Apps. Worth the read to any reefer that likes to play with the new stuff lol.

Im all in on the Aqua Illumination products... Dont get me wrong, Radions are nice but I have had a SOL before and loved it! Im also the believer of the "push it if you like it" kind of person. I also started the Aqua Illuminations Club so im very content and happy!

Thanks though! If u ever do want to sell your SOL let me know!

I love my SOL dont get me wrong, I just read in that artical that red and green wavelengths are needed for coral to produce diffrent colors with in coral. To each their own but I would love for AI to come out with a new LED puck with red and green just to put my mind at rest lol.

saltwatercoral
I love my SOL dont get me wrong, I just read in that artical that red and green wavelengths are needed for coral to produce diffrent colors with in coral. To each their own but I would love for AI to come out with a new LED puck with red and green just to put my mind at rest lol.

That would be nice as well. To keep up im sure they have somthing in there labs there testing on. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...

saltwatercoral

Update: I got all the wood (4x4's and 2x4's) I needed from Home Depot as well as some new pipeing to change out the ribed pipeing. Doing it this way will alow me to cut the water noise down (thanks JNA_DESIGN and pschom) and also alow me to put a water cut off as well as a disconect to disconect the pipeing if I ever need to get a bigger sump or maint or somthin like that. Im going to redo the last little bit of plumbing tonight and then brace the floor tomorrow! Then...dadadada... Water over the weekend!

saltwatercoral
Dig the scape, can't wait to see your tank cycled.

Thanks! It looks like it only took all of 30min to put it all together but it tool me a good 5hrs to get it to its final spot you see in the pics! Chipping at the rocks with a hammer and getting the piecses the right size and shape. crazy... :huh:

saltwatercoral

I just replaced the ribbed pipe with the PVC pipe that I was able to put the cut off valve in as well as a disconnect piece in when I want to pull the sumop out of for maintenence.

Before

Before.jpg

After

After.jpg

I hope to be doing the floor brace tomorrow, but I may have some change of plans... either way... the tank is getting WET THIS WEEKEND. My patients have run out and I am getting this show on the road!!!

redwhiteandblue

FINALLY!!! whats even more amazing than this tank STILL not being wet, is the fact that the thread is 11 pages DRY LOL! i dont know if the website can support this thread from all the comments once there is water in it! its gonna be awesome. hopefully your lights come quickly

saltwatercoral

Between yesterday and today I was finaly able to get the floor Brace 100% done!!! It was aliitle snug but I was able to get it all done. Now I need to get water in this thing (yes I know, its long over due).

Before the Brace

BeforethefloorBrace.jpg

Brace is finaly done!

FloorBracingisDONE.jpg

So now I need to get the water in! What temp do you think I should keep this at? Any other sugestions for a newb?1?!

redwhiteandblue
Between yesterday and today I was finaly able to get the floor Brace 100% done!!! It was aliitle snug but I was able to get it all done. Now I need to get water in this thing (yes I know, its long over due).

Before the Brace

BeforethefloorBrace.jpg

Brace is finaly done!

FloorBracingisDONE.jpg

So now I need to get the water in! What temp do you think I should keep this at? Any other sugestions for a newb?1?!

might as well get it at the right temp and start stability. although a couple days w/o a heater wont kill you since nothing is alive anywho.

Before the Brace

BeforethefloorBrace.jpg

Brace is finaly done!

FloorBracingisDONE.jpg

Holy sh!t do you live in a warehouse? Dam dude I would be having a kick a$$ man cave up in there! And a HUGE frag tank makin some $$$$.

'SWC Livin the Dream!'

Holy sh!t do you live in a warehouse? Dam dude I would be having a kick a$$ man cave up in there! And a HUGE frag tank makin some $$$$.

'SWC Livin the Dream!'

I believe thats just under his house. It's not very tall. Compare the height with the drill. lol!

saltwatercoral
I believe thats just under his house. It's not very tall. Compare the height with the drill. lol!

That is true. This is a crawl space under the house. It's not that tall and would a alittle tough to put a man cave down there, lol. All I can say is it's finally at the point I can put some water in it! I am going to start tomorrow with filling it. It will take me a few batches to get it filled. I only have one 35g Brute trash can.

What temp and salinity do you all keep your tank at?

Ahahaha. Yeah I saw that after I posted. I was like 'why is that hammer so big in proportion to this humongous basement? Lmao.

saltwatercoral
Ok its "tomorrow".... Let's see some water!!!! fingerscrossed

LOL, today there are no planse except for water! My RO unit is mounted on the wall and all I need to do is connect it to the cold water line and wala! Im goin to need to make a few batches of water to fill it completly but atleast its getting water!!!

1.022-1.025 is where mine stays i believe havent checked in a week and temp is at 75-76

Thanks mpsti05!

... I think your glass is thirsty.

And yes its extremely thirsty! :lol:

keep sg at 25 or 26, temp 77 to 78 and god sake get some water in that thing, going to Jasons on wed guess you wont be needing anything lol

saltwatercoral
keep sg at 25 or 26, temp 77 to 78 and god sake get some water in that thing, going to Jasons on wed guess you wont be needing anything lol

Not just yet but keep your eye out for soem nice Chalice and acan pieces! Thats what I want! I would love to see his setup though, I saw one video and it looks sick!!!

Archived