Pod Your Reef

$ Pit

saltwatercoral

saltwatercoral
:lol: :lol: :lol: i just started reading this thread, that's an interesting cat shark you got in that picture, haha :P !

It wasnt reef safe so I had to take him out :lol:

post-56186-1326744332_thumb.jpg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that looks like one of the four legged ATO monitors like metrokat has. how does yours work? mine only warns me when my kids are up to no good, not at all worth the price... :lol:

saltwatercoral
that looks like one of the four legged ATO monitors like metrokat has. how does yours work? mine only warns me when my kids are up to no good, not at all worth the price... :lol:

All the marks on my hands tell me that mine is working just fine, LOL The dog will tell us real quick if it's working to!

saltwatercoral

I just noticed that my skimmer is finaly picking some junk out of the water! It had a slight smell to it when I checked it out and was brownish in color! Thats a good sign! Also after looking at urbaneks thread (OMG :o ) I see alot I can do for my cable managment! This will be done this week and water testing begins today!!!

I just noticed that my skimmer is finaly picking some junk out of the water! It had a slight smell to it when I checked it out and was brownish in color! Thats a good sign! Also after looking at urbaneks thread (OMG :o ) I see alot I can do for my cable managment! This will be done this week and water testing begins today!!!

Great start here. This has the makings of being a great tank. Keep up the great work an updates. thanks for the plug on my tank journal.

saltwatercoral
Great start here. This has the makings of being a great tank. Keep up the great work an updates. thanks for the plug on my tank journal.

Thanks and not a problem! Your tank def requires to have people to look at it!

saltwatercoral
Just pee in the tank and wait a month and your good :lol:

LOL, Got it! Should I pee in the tank after drinking vodka, that way I can be doing a vodka dose as well!

I read a book from the 80's about aquariums that stated that some people would urinate to begin the cycle.... I couldnt make that up if I tried :lol:

saltwatercoral
I read a book from the 80's about aquariums that stated that some people would urinate to begin the cycle.... I couldnt make that up if I tried :lol:

Thats some funny stuff right there!!! I cant imagine standing on a lader and then wizin into your tank and thinking this is how you do it! :lol::lol::lol:

saltwatercoral
Hahahaha....I just pee'd in my tank! Man what a difference! Looking good SWC. I stole your wire cover idea from u btw.

Thanks pschom! I take ideas and run with them from Other people as well! I'm thinking about doing a false wall on the side underneath like urbaneks did with his setup! His cabeing looks real nice!

saltwatercoral
Yes that is a very nice setup. Omg my wife wants to name one of the ORA Premium Snowflakes I just got 'Bubble'. Wtf

Awwww Bubles. Thad so cute! Lol. Atleast she is into the hobby with ya!

saltwatercoral

I can add some pics when I get home today. I am going mount my Ipad to the wall left of the tank above the table. I am going download either the "Ireef" app or the "MyMobile reef" app and have it running so I can monitor the ReefKeeper sys that I have on the tank. Other than that I am going to put some better cable managment into efect. My skimmer is finaly to the point that I can put the cap in the bottom and start letting it collect some junk! I also need to get 2 more PC4 power strips for the ReefKeeper setup as I have more to add!

Still waiting on a update for the Vega!!! :angry:

Awwww Bubles. Thad so cute! Lol. Atleast she is into the hobby with ya!

Ha yeah. Not much choice really ;). What's the status of your hard work??

saltwatercoral
Ha yeah. Not much choice really ;). What's the status of your hard work??

Everything is going good so far! I posted just a little before you did. Im going to be doing a few mods to the Tech side of the tank this weekend! I def dont like the Calcium and Alk test in the Master reef test kit I got... Its adding drops till it gets to a certain color and then multiplying it by a certian number... Ummmm... There needs to be a beter way to test for these right?

PS: I see in your sig that you have a led strip in the middle of your SOL. What color is it and how do you and or your corals like it?

Everything is going good so far! I posted just a little before you did. Im going to be doing a few mods to the Tech side of the tank this weekend! I def dont like the Calcium and Alk test in the Master reef test kit I got... Its adding drops till it gets to a certain color and then multiplying it by a certian number... Ummmm... There needs to be a beter way to test for these right?

PS: I see in your sig that you have a led strip in the middle of your SOL. What color is it and how do you and or your corals like it?

The blue stunner strip. I think it's great. They are way more powerful than I thought. Of course your not going to get any growth out of them (I could be wrong on this), but the blues definitely add to the color. I start it at around 10am and it's off at 9pm. I might shorten that. Gotta play around with it. I tried and tried to use it on the biocube but it wasn't practical cause the light was so hot.

saltwatercoral

Here are a few more pics for everyones enjoyment. The IPAD is not mounted to the wall just yet, I just put it there to get an idea on the looks. It will go a smidge higher above the light switch.

Water is very clear now!!!

Waterisveryclearnow.jpg

ipadpic.jpg

ipad.jpg

Reef Octopus

Reefoctopus.jpg

Getting some junk out of the PS after a few days!!!

Youcanseethejunkstarting.jpg

I like it too. You may have mentioned this already, but what are your plans for stocking? For some reason I envision huge soft corals in there. Real tall leathers, large Fiji leathers and rics ad scans on the bottom.

saltwatercoral
I like it too. You may have mentioned this already, but what are your plans for stocking? For some reason I envision huge soft corals in there. Real tall leathers, large Fiji leathers and rics ad scans on the bottom.

I am mainly filling this with Monti's, acans, favias a few brids nest. I also want a few open brains and a few clams as well. Not big into zoo's but if the color is right I might bve tempted. Basicaly Im going for the color POP!

saltwatercoral

Question for all you experienced reefers out there: I don’t think my 2 wave pumps that circulate the water are enough to do the job. I am going to add 1-2 more and here is my dilemma. My ReefKeeper power strips are under the stand mounted on the right side. If I put 2 more wave pumps and put them on the left side of the tank they will not reach the power strips. Would it be ok for the water flow inside the tank if I had 4 of these wave pumps on the same side of the glass pushing the water in the same direction? I would imagine it would be ok because it’s kind of just like the ocean currents? I don’t know, help me out on this one please!

Archived