Top Shelf Aquatics

$ Pit

saltwatercoral

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Monster... That crap ain't good for you! Stick with some good old coffee... Hurry up and get this done I want pics!!!

Haha. He's probly goin to bed and laughing at all of us. SWC, should I wait up? Lol

saltwatercoral
Oh crap your not home yet! Ok I'll stop bothering you and clogging your thread with mindless banter.

It's all good, I don't mind at all, lol. I am so excited!!! I'm like a kid in a candy store!

saltwatercoral

Alright, as I promised! Some PICS to hold ME/EVERYONE over untill it is done this weekend!

Here are my 3 Black SOL Blues!

3SOLs.jpg

I didn’t want to go cutting up my canopy tonight since I am so tired so I made use of the vent hole that was there. Unfortunately I could only get half of each SOL's pucks to shine in the tank... This is a pick to show you what I am talking about...

Onlyhalfofthepucksareshininginthetank.jpg

OnlyhalfofeachSOLisshowing.jpg

Blacksolblue.jpg

And yes they do give you a surprise in the box, I definitely laughed when I saw it...

Thesurprise.jpg

saltwatercoral
Lol told you there was a surprise! Looks good man, can wait for the final installed pics

Thanks! Should I mount them the opposite way of the way I have them now or keep them in the direction they are now?

Thanks! Should I mount them the opposite way of the way I have them now or keep them in the direction they are now?

Perfect! Happy for you. And everyones happy to get some free candy. Leave them that way. If you turn them the other you'll be waisting light. That is BLUE. Have to adjust that, but since you have no livestock you can crank those things as much as you want. Wish my skimmer was coming Friday instead of Tuesday so I'd have something to tune this weekend. Have fun.

Definitely keep them that way

saltwatercoral

I was looking at the pic’s again and man.... The Iphone just does not do the Blue any justice what so ever. It is real blue in person. I was playing around with the W/B/RB ratio and just having a little fun. I tested out the "Thunderstorm" mode and that was nice to see as well. The pic’s do not show it but the led’s shining into the tank make a very nice shimmer on the sand and rock as well!

Congrats on the new arrivals; lights and candy. That will be a lot of light over that tank. Should make for some good growth on the SPS! What tipped you in the way of Sols vs. Radions?

saltwatercoral
Have u made any progress on mounting the lights without the sliver thing in the way?

I have not mounted anything just yet. I have not had any time at all this week so it looks like this weekend is going to be when I mount the AI SOLS!

Congrats on the new arrivals; lights and candy. That will be a lot of light over that tank. Should make for some good growth on the SPS! What tipped you in the way of Sols vs. Radions?

Thanks urbaneks! I purchesed a SOL for my 45 that I was going to get up an running and loved it! Ever since I have been hooked!

SC - How do you like the AI's so far?

I am so close to ordering the black edition. The price point is so nice.

The Price is def nice! I love the black SOL's, because they match my tank stand and canopy! I cant wait till these are mounted! Go for it your love them!

saltwatercoral

New update. (I just have a few min to spare to post some pics) I got some Live rock covered in coraline! I Roral RX'ed the heck out of them (2 RX rinses at 15 min a piece) The first RX dip was CRAZY, I seen all these small criterz jumpin all around. After I pulled the rock out to get the second batch of water ready for the second dip I seen a few of the small tiny little stars (dont know the name) and a small crab that had died. I felt bad once I saw the dead crab :( . I did the second dip and everything looked much cleaner... Any way here are some pics.

Live rock with no lights

Liverock2.jpg

Live rock with SOLS

LiverockunderSOLs.jpg

There was some Zoos on the rock so I just figured I would leave them on for the ride. They might die because the tank is cyclying but Ill keep an eye on them.

Zoosontheliverock.jpg

good luck, hopefully those leds are gonna be enough

Im pretty sure those leds are only half lit on the tank, there is going to be plenty of light with three covering only a 48X24 rectangle, and only 24" deep. He mentioned in a previous post that he contacted AI and asked how many he should need. And urbaneks also commented on how much light there would be.

So im not quite sure you keep commenting about the lights being on the weak side, sarcasm?

Im pretty sure those leds are only half lit on the tank, there is going to be plenty of light with three covering only a 48X24 rectangle, and only 24" deep. He mentioned in a previous post that he contacted AI and asked how many he should need. And urbanek also commented on how much light there would be.

QUOTE (urbaneks @ Feb 3 2012, 01:18 AM) *

So im not quite sure you keep commenting about the lights being on the weak side, sarcasm?

hes close when his tank is ready we're going to run experiment

saltwatercoral

I thought that you were jokin 21093r53 when you were talkin. Remeber that its an Iphone pic and these I insanly bright. The Iphone cannot nearly show the true color.

What is the test though? I got the SOLS because these have the optics designed for a Deeper tank and not to cover a large area. Also the the SOLS right now were only showing half of the Pucks on heach one because I did not have them mounted + they were dialed down as well. See the pic it will show you what Im talking about.

Onlyhalfofthepucksareshininginthetank.jpg

Archived