inTank Media Baskets

$ Pit

saltwatercoral

After really thinking it over I decided the optics on the SOL is what I wanted for my tank! Sooooooo, I just placed my order for my 3 BLACK SOL SUPER BLUE's with the controller. I ordered them from ReefGeek and they had everything including the CONTROLLER in stock! Aqua cave also had the CONTROLLER in stock as well!. I know alot of people are looking for just the controllers so thought I would put that out there. Man this hobby is expen$ive!!!

That's AWESOME!!! I do not think you will regret going this route. Even if you want to do the wireless thing, AI says they will have an upgrade for both SOL and NANO. Don't think about the money! You can always make more of that stuff. ;) Tank is going to look incredible with 3 SOLs!!!

Need to Update your Signature now... No more Phoenix on pre-order. That has to feel good. 3 X AI SOL Black!!!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
saltwatercoral
That's AWESOME!!! I do not think you will regret going this route. Even if you want to do the wireless thing, AI says they will have an upgrade for both SOL and NANO. Don't think about the money! You can always make more of that stuff. ;) Tank is going to look incredible with 3 SOLs!!!

Need to Update your Signature now... No more Phoenix on pre-order. That has to feel good. 3 X AI SOL Black!!!

+1!!! It does feel good! The signature is now updated, thanks for that!

I must agree. That size tank with three SOLs will be spectacular. Uhh, but you have to worry about money. We don't want your next post to be something like, 'Had to sell the tank.....as well as the house, the car and the family pet...'

saltwatercoral
I must agree. That size tank with three SOLs will be spectacular. Uhh, but you have to worry about money. We don't want your next post to be something like, 'Had to sell the tank.....as well as the house, the car and the family pet...'

Lol, the only thing I'll be selling is corals from this tank!

saltwatercoral

While I was in the $ spending mode I figured I would continue.... I just got 2 more ReefKeeper PC4 power strips. I also bought some live sand to help the cycle! I am also going to try to do a new cable run directly from the GFI outlet to the Circut breaker box. I hope by doing this it will prevent and breakers from tripping. I am going to be getting the AI SOLs and ReefKeeper pc4's next week. I'll post some pics when it arrives!

While I was in the $ spending mode I figured I would continue.... I just got 2 more ReefKeeper PC4 power strips. I also bought some live sand to help the cycle! I am also going to try to do a new cable run directly from the GFI outlet to the Circut breaker box. I hope by doing this it will prevent and breakers from tripping. I am going to be getting the AI SOLs and ReefKeeper pc4's next week. I'll post some pics when it arrives!

Save some for corals and fish :D

Great job on the new addition and changes. How did you mount the iPad and is it easy to remove and replace? Cool idea, but would hate for my iPad to be permanently mounted to the wall. Looking forward to some livestock updates here.

saltwatercoral
Great job on the new addition and changes. How did you mount the iPad and is it easy to remove and replace? Cool idea, but would hate for my iPad to be permanently mounted to the wall. Looking forward to some livestock updates here.

Thanks for the compliment urbaneks! It's just one of those shelves that I got from target that has no brackets underneath it. I wanted it to look sleake and smooth. I put rubber stoppers on the top of the shelf so that I can just set the IPad on the shelf and remove it when wanted just like a book on a shelf. Now I'm just waiting on my 3 SOl's to arrive and my pc4 power strips for my ReefKeeper setup! I still need to do some major cable management underneath, lol.

saltwatercoral

Dagnabit!!! I put live sand in yesterday an the tank is still VERY cloudy! I have just purchased 3 more filter socks for my sump. I am cleaning the filter sponges everyday and am hopping this clears out soon! My AI lights come in next week! I hope it's cleared by then... I also got new test strips for Ammonia and my old ones were BAD! My new strips are showing high ammonia, so my levels are still off....

I usually don't care about the cloudiness. It settles after a couple of days. If you rinse the sand in saltwater and then place it doesn't get as cloudy, but who cares. I have an unproven theory that unwanted creatures can be/are living in the live sand. I recently found some kind of crab that burrows and I definitely did not have this critter in my last tank. Only thing I changed was the sand. No clue how to get it out. Call me a nerd, but I like spending time looking at the rocks for creatures I never knew were in there. You find some very interesting stuff! Can't wait for your lights!

Not a bad idea to run a dedicated circuit. Run 2 while you're at if you can swing it. Put your main pump on one circuit and powerheads on the other. If one circuit gets tripped for some reason you'll still have water movement and will have time to correct the problem.

What live sand did you buy? My 2 20lb bags of live Bahama oolite had a little baggy inside that once you put the sand in you would tear the baggy and pour in the additive that helped clear the water. Mine cleared in 1-2 days

saltwatercoral
What live sand did you buy? My 2 20lb bags of live Bahama oolite had a little baggy inside that once you put the sand in you would tear the baggy and pour in the additive that helped clear the water. Mine cleared in 1-2 days

I fifer now what I brand if sand I got. It did have a packet of the liquid you were talking about, but I just didn't want to put it in the tank. Its almost cleared up today thanks to the new filter socks and cleaning the sponges as well. Now I need to see how to get another line ran to the cable braker box and some cable management!

saltwatercoral
Hope you know what your doing around that breaker box :unsure:

Lol, I have no clue but my friends dad is an electrician. He's the one doing the work, not me.

saltwatercoral

Took a ride today up to Mr. Coral and they have alot of real nice looking corals! They have tons of frags and lots of live rock! It took me about 1.5hrs to get there but wanted to scope out the corals personally to see the quantity and quality. It was a good experience! The gentlman that was working there def new his corals. This will be one of my places I will buy from.

Took a ride today up to Mr. Coral and they have alot of real nice looking corals! They have tons of frags and lots of live rock! It took me about 1.5hrs to get there but wanted to scope out the corals personally to see the quantity and quality. It was a good experience! The gentlman that was working there def new his corals. This will be one of my places I will buy from.

:huh:

Nice to hear about Mr. Coral. I've been eyeing all those $10 frags for sometime but have not pulled the plug on an order.

As for the cloudiness due to the sand bed, that is why I always go with live sand, it's already presoaked and doesn't require rinsing and no 3 day cloud.

Archived