Cultivated Reef

rbaby' 60-F Dual View Panorama

rbaby

That's a beauty!!!!

No picture of the new shroom yet? ;)

Not yet, I had to break the rock--the rock was a bit too lively for me, too many sponges the water was just awful-smelling. Plus, it was so large! I'm waiting for my daylights to kick in, then I'll take a picture :).

Where DO you find this stuff? is it a store I can shop in, or is there a secret passcode? :ninja:

Well, if you are in LA I'd sell you a baby if it ever had one. There's already a waiting list though LOL, mostly to the reefers who've bought from me before locally. I tend to let them know when I get anything new :).

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow! You must have connections!

Nah, I'm just good at spending money...cherry picking corals is the most fun for me :).

Speaking of cherry-picked corals, my first order with Morgan at Reef Gardener! Loved it--this guy seems to be bullet proof. Despite shipping, hacking away at its rock to dislodge it, getting yanked by my pistol and landing on my maxi-mini...it made it through. *phew*.

I've been seeking for the two rare colors of St. Thomas mushies--Red and Blue. Finally got the blue and it's a beauty--this is after looking stressed and pathetic last night...didn't think it was going to make it :(...

Safely inside glass container to keep my pistol away from it while it attaches to the rock:

IMG_5506.jpg

As you can see, still a little stressed--it will only color up more as it goes. It's such a beaut...she also threw in freebie zoas that are so pretty :). I typically don't like freebies--I'm very picky with my corals, but these were very bright and I really like them.

This is my first time here. You have a beautiful tank. It makes me want a double sided view for my next tank.

Thanks Chris. The dual sided has really given me double the real estate, very happy I did it--otherwise I'd already have absolutely NO ROOM.

I got 2 zoas today...the Tyree Space Monster and one I've been trying to track down for a few weeks: Golden Empire Zoas from Quality Marine

IMG_5553.JPG

IMG_5550.JPG

Great looking tank!

I really like the new palys! There must have been a huge shipment into So. Cal over the past couple months cause every LFS near me has some amazing palys and their prices are great!

Can't wait to see more!

Thanks Chris. The dual sided has really given me double the real estate, very happy I did it--otherwise I'd already have absolutely NO ROOM.

I got 2 zoas today...the Tyree Space Monster and one I've been trying to track down for a few weeks: Golden Empire Zoas from Quality Marine

Ive been thinking about the Space Monster palys for a while. Lfs has some for $80/pp. Just seems like a lot. But they do look cool under the blues.

Ive been thinking about the Space Monster palys for a while. Lfs has some for $80/pp. Just seems like a lot. But they do look cool under the blues.

Yeah, they do look cool. I like the Golden Empire's under actinics though...they just glow gold, it's really nice:

IMG_5556.JPG

Did something I do best: go shopping. I'm going to try to DIY fashion something that holds a Filter Sock inside my canister--those filter pads don't do a great job of capturing debris. I'm hoping because of how much looser the sock is, that it won't affect flow either. We'll see.

I finally bought an ELOS Osmocontroller--going out of town has been a challenge without a top off unit. I was using a cheapo-version DIY hamster bottle :) but that actually only lasts a few days at-best with my evaporation rate. Also going to switch up my water from Petco Pre-Mixed to DD H2Ocean...I'm going to be doing more water changes and it's far more economical to just mix it myself.

In other news, I've had a few reefers hit me up locally about zoa frags. My zoa growth isn't as fast as it should now because I've been snipping at it, but I like keeping them trimmed on their plugs anyway. My Clementine's already have 1 baby and 3-4 buds incoming.

My Porcelain Crab has finally figured out to host the maxi-mini...he is glued to its side 24/7 now:

IMG_5574.JPG

My Blue St. Thomas seems to be doing the "LED Adjustment"...all my corals tend to lose color for a few weeks until they've adjusted to the Nano, it's looking more turquoise right now than blue...and looks purple on its side. I'm hoping it colors back up to blue:

IMG_5564.JPG

My lights have now been worked up to 60-90-90, the slow re-acclimation of the tank is paying off, the colors have really started to pop more on my zoas:

IMG_5567.JPG

IMG_5566.JPG

I work at a lfs in colorado and we were one of the only places to get the golden empire zoas in. we have a whole colony that I am just waiting to frag so I can take one or two home. I love all of the zoas that you have in this tank. You really do have a good eye for some amazing stuff. When you start fragging stuff I am very interested in a couple things.

Must. Have. This. Zoa!

I sent you a PM Jay.

Love your Zoa collection. You won't be disappointed with the ELOS I have it set and running now on my new tank and it's amazing.

I'll have to figure out what my reservoir will be and where I will place it--I intend on putting the probe in my Overflow to keep the proper water level there...I hope that works LOL

I am more jealous of those St Thomas Mushies than the zoas - amazing, particularly together like that!

I really hope that it turns back to blue :(...but they look quite cushy together, I want one more for a St. Tommy Trifecta in the corner.

I work at a lfs in colorado and we were one of the only places to get the golden empire zoas in. we have a whole colony that I am just waiting to frag so I can take one or two home. I love all of the zoas that you have in this tank. You really do have a good eye for some amazing stuff. When you start fragging stuff I am very interested in a couple things.

Yeah, I spent weeks tracking one down and because I'm so great spending money at my LFS they were able to finaggle about 5 polyps...they sold me 1 and is keeping 4 to themselves :)

They seem relatively hardy--I accidentally squished it trying to remove it from the branchy rock so I can glue it on the flat surface of the plug...seems to be doing fine.

I do typically frag my zoas--though only for locals and on a per-request basis because I really don't like shipping...but if I do end up shipping, I will let you know. Maybe when the weather is better throughout the country, I'll worry less about freezing the frags to death or boiling it--what zoas were you interested in? I need to make a comprehensive zoa image of everything in there (which really isn't much compared to everyone else's collection).

I must have that zoa too.

While I do not have zoa babies at this time, I do have shoe <3 for you...my CL's got lost in a sea of shoos and just unearthed them again today:

CL.PNG

...and this one I just got :P

embroidered-shoes.JPG

Zoos...Shoos, see...there's a reason why these words rhyme!

IMG_5574.JPG

My Blue St. Thomas seems to be doing the "LED Adjustment"...all my corals tend to lose color for a few weeks until they've adjusted to the Nano, it's looking more turquoise right now than blue...and looks purple on its side. I'm hoping it colors back up to blue:

IMG_5564.JPG

My lights have now been worked up to 60-90-90, the slow re-acclimation of the tank is paying off, the colors have really started to pop more on my zoas:

IMG_5567.JPG

IMG_5566.JPG

Beautiful pics rbaby that zoa collection is awesome..

What is this zoa called? It's absolutely gorgeous!

I don't know--it grew in the middle of a Darth Maul colony--I guess it's a mutated Darth Maul because it clearly doesn't look like a Darth because of the gold sheen and the green and orange on the skirt. Maybe you guys can help me name it--but all I know is that it cost me 3 digits :( only 2 polyps from the entire colony turned this way.

altolamprologus
I don't know--it grew in the middle of a Darth Maul colony--I guess it's a mutated Darth Maul because it clearly doesn't look like a Darth because of the gold sheen and the green and orange on the skirt. Maybe you guys can help me name it--but all I know is that it cost me 3 digits :( LOL

Whoa, that's a lot for one polyp. I hope it makes some babies for you! I suck at naming things, so I'll leave that to someone else :lol:

Whoa, that's a lot for one polyp. I hope it makes some babies for you! I suck at naming things, so I'll leave that to someone else :lol:

Yeah, I sadly have a few of those in the tank. The Golden Empires were not cheap, nor were the Tyree Space Monsters...those are probably the more expensive polyps but they are some of my favorite ones. This is why I do sell some of my polyps to offset the cost, otherwise it's just really *really* expensive...and I'm really *really* good at spending money :(

While I do not have zoa babies at this time, I do have shoe <3 for you...my CL's got lost in a sea of shoos and just unearthed them again today:

CL.PNG

...and this one I just got :P

embroidered-shoes.JPG

Zoos...Shoos, see...there's a reason why these words rhyme!

Oh those are killer! I love your spidey avatar but I think girls with hot heels should unite. :)

Archived