Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

rbaby' 60-F Dual View Panorama

rbaby

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SouthFlorida_Tron

Ya I'm toying with pre ordering that or a nano box, depends on the led choices included.

I hope they add a red/violet

If you want a frag of a hornet, that can be arranged they're around $35 a polyp and I can easily isolate one at this rate.

Hmm I definitely want one. After the skimmer though, I may need a couple more weeks to get paid again. If youre fragging anything else, I may want to add to the list.

I'm always jealous when I see this tank. Always makes me feel like I don't have enough corals. I may get red hornets too. My lfs has a couple but they are ultra pricey... I want the hydor slim skim first. Anyway, I really enjoy looking at this setup.

Ya I'm toying with pre ordering that or a nano box, depends on the led choices included.

I hope they add a red/violet

Me too. I think the reds/oranges are definitely lacking a bit with the AI Nano. BTW I am really diggin' this cuc, he doesn't move but he seems to take care of himself.

:eek: Phenomenal tank. I'm very impressed!

Thanks iball!

I'm always jealous when I see this tank. Always makes me feel like I don't have enough corals. I may get red hornets too. My lfs has a couple but they are ultra pricey... I want the hydor slim skim first. Anyway, I really enjoy looking at this setup.

Yeah my LFS was selling it to me for $100 a polyp...yeah right. I bough 1 polyp for less and just grew it out. Speaking of which, happy birthday to me...look who's finally awake:

IMG_5478.JPG

Me too. I think the reds/oranges are definitely lacking a bit with the AI Nano. BTW I am really diggin' this cuc, he doesn't move but he seems to take care of himself.

Thanks iball!

Yeah my LFS was selling it to me for $100 a polyp...yeah right. I bough 1 polyp for less and just grew it out. Speaking of which, happy birthday to me...look who's finally awake:

IMG_5478.JPG

That is a gorgeous Clementine........... ;)

That is a gorgeous Clementine........... ;)

Not even a baby sprouting and you're already winkin'. Nice meeting you this evening, hope everything settles in nicely.

Your coral collection is looking amazing I love all the unique pieces.

I recently picked up a skimmer from glazer (love it) and wanted to ask you if there's a noticeable difference between the water level in your skimmer compared to the rest of your tank? I have the same pump and my water levels seem to be dead even and barely skimming. I only have the stock Eheim sponges and filters in there right now... only temporary. Any advice?

I've been toying with the idea of getting a 2nd Nano but I think I will wait for the VEGA:

http://www.aquaillumination.com/vega/

I know you mentioned that you're lacking in the red spectrum, but any other reason you are considering another Nano over your tank? Is the spread not enough?

The reason I'm asking is I've been researching like a mad man these last few days about lights. The Nano is on my list, but I'm concerned it will not provide enough spread or PAR if I raise it too high to get the spread on my 60-F.

I know you mentioned that you're lacking in the red spectrum, but any other reason you are considering another Nano over your tank? Is the spread not enough?

The reason I'm asking is I've been researching like a mad man these last few days about lights. The Nano is on my list, but I'm concerned it will not provide enough spread or PAR if I raise it too high to get the spread on my 60-F.

I'd like to be able to change out a few pucks down the line to cover the missing reds/greens. AI is supposedly going to be doing this at some point.

Sorry the overflow box that you purchased from Glazer.

Jay, if your surface skimmer isn't skimming, you have to raise it up higher so that the water falls "into" the overflow. What is pulling water out of your tank, do you have a canister as well or a sump?

I'd like to be able to change out a few pucks down the line to cover the missing reds/greens. AI is supposedly going to be doing this at some point.

Ahh, ok. Your tank looks spectacular. I just watched your youtube video and the color is exactly what I'm looking for. Maybe a little more blue hue, but it looks fantastic. You've done an amazing job with your tank. I absolutely love that blue nem.

Jay, if your surface skimmer isn't skimming, you have to raise it up higher so that the water falls "into" the overflow. What is pulling water out of your tank, do you have a canister as well or a sump?

I'm also using the Eheim 2213... ill try raising the overflow up a little. Thanks for your help.

Ahh, ok. Your tank looks spectacular. I just watched your youtube video and the color is exactly what I'm looking for. Maybe a little more blue hue, but it looks fantastic. You've done an amazing job with your tank. I absolutely love that blue nem.

You can easily change it to bluer with the AI Nano but I don't particularly like the "too blue" look. I want my colors to pop, but not look unnatural. It looks like a crisp white. Thank you for the kind words!

I'm also using the Eheim 2213... ill try raising the overflow up a little. Thanks for your help.

Did it work? The downside to this is that you have to keep the water level constant. Personally, when I'm out of the house, I push it down and when I am in the house, I raise it up to skim the surface. Otherwise, if the water level gets too low, you'll lose your canister siphon :).

IF you get an ATO, you can focus on keeping the water level inside the overflow constant--keeps everything hidden that way as well. That's my plan anyway--I am probably going to get the Elos Osmocontroller but I haven't the slightest clue as to how it works :) LOL. I've had a JBJ ATO before and that was very simple, the Osmocontroller seems like a science project with very little documentation available for me to research on. I'd just have to bite the bullet and get one and figure it out methinks.

IF you get an ATO, you can focus on keeping the water level inside the overflow constant--keeps everything hidden that way as well. That's my plan anyway--I am probably going to get the Elos Osmocontroller but I haven't the slightest clue as to how it works :) LOL. I've had a JBJ ATO before and that was very simple, the Osmocontroller seems like a science project with very little documentation available for me to research on. I'd just have to bite the bullet and get one and figure it out methinks.

I bought the Elos Osmocontroller but I haven't set it up as I need to make a custom bracket to hold it on the tank. It does come with some plastic clip thing but it's designed for a sump. To be honest you take it out of the box and it does look pretty simple... techy but simple.

I bought the Elos Osmocontroller but I haven't set it up as I need to make a custom bracket to hold it on the tank. It does come with some plastic clip thing but it's designed for a sump. To be honest you take it out of the box and it does look pretty simple... techy but simple.

Set it up and tell me how it goes so you can teach me how to do it :)

I probably purchased the most expensive polyp so far...and it's also the most beautiful. I just put it in so it isn't quite at home just yet--but it's like gold on a polyp. I cannot seem to capture the gold sheen on it too well with my camera (think of fine iridescent gold dust all over it), but this guy's probably the prettiest zoa in my tank. The pearlescent gold on it makes it look peachy at angles, I can't get over how pretty it is.

IMG_5488.JPG

IMG_5496.JPG

The gold sheen is captured by the camera under blues...

Set it up and tell me how it goes so you can teach me how to do it :)

I will hopefully have it running by the end of the weekend.

IMG_5488.JPG

Where do you find these gems? Beautiful!

I spend a lot of money at my LFS and they hook me up with frags like these. They cost me an arm and a leg but they'll only typically have 1-2 of them available. I saw these in the back and they weren't going to sell it to me so I had to wait :)...caught my eye 10 feet away because it was so golden. It's a shame the camera can't capture it too well.

Where do you find these gems? Beautiful!

Where DO you find this stuff? is it a store I can shop in, or is there a secret passcode? :ninja:

Archived