Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

rbaby' 60-F Dual View Panorama

rbaby

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know how to embed video--but I made a quick vid for the peeps who ask me about flow in my tank with the 60-F. It was a challenge at first, I will admit--it was difficult to get the right balance of "too high without sucking in air (though, now I have a shield for it unless I'm cleaning it) and "too low that it blows sand around".

The blue nem has started to eat--that's good...it's now settled in properly. Unfortunately, my birthday gift has decided to continue being shy--so he will remain un-photographed for now :(

P.S. If you can show me how to embed that'd be great :)

Wow that video is awesome! Glad the nem is settling in! Is that pink one in your FTS still alive? Also that nem filled right out didn't it? I'm fragging the white Frogspawn tomorrow night, taking two heads off for you(has about a 2.5-3inch diameter span when open, hope that works for you. Sent a PM to see if you were interested in anything else. Let me know

Looks like perfect flow to me. I was trying to locate the red St. Thomas mushroom to see how it was doing with the flow...is it not in the video or did I miss it?

Looks like perfect flow to me. I was trying to locate the red St. Thomas mushroom to see how it was doing with the flow...is it not in the video or did I miss it?

It's off to the far right side bottom right corner of the last image. I don't think I got it at the shot because it was so close to the corner.

Here's a fun vid, time-lapse of an eating anemone:

Yes, I put it in the shade for a few weeks and off-center. The color is mostly back but not the underside which I have been told is normal. I also notice that the base polyps do not always come out while the top is fluffy. Strange...

I must be doing something wrong because I feel like I need to crank the light up more (AI sol nano) I'm using the stand it came with so it's not that high off the water, but I run it at 70 80 80 and I haven't had anything at all brown out or get bleached. My spread is all messed up too so I think I need to fabricate a new stand for it, but love the light. That thing is real slick.

I must be doing something wrong because I feel like I need to crank the light up more (AI sol nano) I'm using the stand it came with so it's not that high off the water, but I run it at 70 80 80 and I haven't had anything at all brown out or get bleached. My spread is all messed up too so I think I need to fabricate a new stand for it, but love the light. That thing is real slick.

Do you still have the 10g ADA? Keep in mind that my tank is shallow--only 7" tall, PAR gets lowered significantly when it has to penetrate water vs air. In all honesty though, I am pondering switching to a different lighting unit or to buy a 2nd AI Nano. I notice on the AI Nano that my reds don't color up like they should so I might end up getting a different unit down the line. Likely another AI so I can keep my controller, but one that I can use when I upgrade.

Do you still have the 10g ADA? Keep in mind that my tank is shallow--only 7" tall, PAR gets lowered significantly when it has to penetrate water vs air. In all honesty though, I am pondering switching to a different lighting unit or to buy a 2nd AI Nano. I notice on the AI Nano that my reds don't color up like they should so I might end up getting a different unit down the line. Likely another AI so I can keep my controller, but one that I can use when I upgrade.

I do still have the 10g ADA but its sitting in my closet empty lol. I upgraded to a 60-P back in August, and haven't had a good camera to take pics yet, but when I do, I will definitely make a thread on it.

Makes sense since my water column has a film over it as well, since I don't have an overflow. I was thinking of another nano too, but maybe I'll just supplement it with some cheaper lights. I was always skeptical of how a 35 watt light can match up to a 150 halide, but the results speak for themselves in your tank! I need some nice zoa growth like yours!

Awesome tank!

Thank you Criley!

I do still have the 10g ADA but its sitting in my closet empty lol. I upgraded to a 60-P back in August, and haven't had a good camera to take pics yet, but when I do, I will definitely make a thread on it.

Makes sense since my water column has a film over it as well, since I don't have an overflow. I was thinking of another nano too, but maybe I'll just supplement it with some cheaper lights. I was always skeptical of how a 35 watt light can match up to a 150 halide, but the results speak for themselves in your tank! I need some nice zoa growth like yours!

My zoa growth hasn't been that obvious to me as of late because it's easy to keep track when it's 1-2 polyps, now that there are a handful I don't see the difference much LOL. Plus, I've fragged a lot of them for local reefers so trimming's been happening :)...

You should get an overflow though if you can, water film is just plain nasty. Mine was so bad at one point I had to wash my hands multiple times to get the yuck off. That's a new level right there.

I will see you on the 27th! *excited*

surgicalsense
The LFS called it "those Zoas you wanted, which were not for sale but we are selling them to you anyway". So I'm calling them "those zoas"

:lol:

When you do begin to frag some, I would more then happy to purchase from you. I am local :)

:lol:

When you do begin to frag some, I would more then happy to purchase from you. I am local :)

Anytime surgical!

My birthday gift is being stingy-still only opens halfway, I don't know why! Anyway, here he is...such a beauty:

IMG_5460.JPG

Thank you Criley!

My zoa growth hasn't been that obvious to me as of late because it's easy to keep track when it's 1-2 polyps, now that there are a handful I don't see the difference much LOL. Plus, I've fragged a lot of them for local reefers so trimming's been happening :)...

You should get an overflow though if you can, water film is just plain nasty. Mine was so bad at one point I had to wash my hands multiple times to get the yuck off. That's a new level right there.

I will see you on the 27th! *excited*

Yeah I can see how it would be difficult counting the multiplying zoas, but that red hornet growth was crazy! I may be able to help you with some of that trimming down :)

That much film? Wow really? Where did it all come from? I figured mine was from my fish, but you don't have any right? I really don't like putting too much into the tank, so we'll see about a surface skimmer.

I took some closer looks at my birdsnest frags and it appears that they are starting to lose color in the areas the light is hitting them, so I guess I spoke too soon, lol. Lowered my light to about 50 on all three led colors, and moved them into the shade. Hopefully they do better now.

When I first heard the 27th I didn't realize it's only a week away! I would offer you a frag of something, but there's pretty much nothing I have that you would probably want. Everything in your tank blows my stuff away!

Archived