SaltCritters.com

rbaby' 60-F Dual View Panorama

rbaby

Awesome, Hopefully you can get a replacement hot pink morph -sorry to hear you lost it either way, but good to hear there may be a solution. Ill still be patiently waiting for your blue w/yellow tips to split - Im holding off on getting the sexy shrimp until I hear from you. And maybe if you get a replacement hot pink once that one splits hopefully we can do the same. Thanks rbaby - like I said just let me know when your ready

The torch morph you picked up looks awesome - reminds me of the reare frogspawn morph I picked up and forced my green to have sexy time with :P. You'll have to keep is updated on the cucumber - I have always been interested in one also but never wanted to bite the bullet on it.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

your tank is looking awsome.

Also , thanks for the help on my lighting decision. Picked up my nano yesterday.

Let me know how you like it, it will take a while for corals to acclimate to it. I find that new frags dull out for a few weeks then start to get used to it and color right back up.

New FTS:

FTS-1-15-12.jpg

Now that I'm starting to figure out more permanent placement on some of my guys, I've been removing the frag plugs that I can. I also moved some pieces that I've come to realize require higher light and moved them towards the center for more direct lighting. In the next few weeks, hopefully my migration of things will pay off and they'll get used to their new placement and color up even more.

I'll continue to clean up the frag plugs and get the corals on the display rock as best I can, there are still those that are just eyesores but some pieces are just impossible as the coral's fully encrusted onto the plug *drats*. I also won't move my St. Thomas since it's so nitpicky and it took me some time to figure out where he would actually stay...

Since my Sympodium frag had these pest clove polyps on it, I was able to get a replacement frag that had a generous amount of polyps and is lookin' healthier:

IMG_5425.JPG

My Sympodium island will come to fruition!

My rainbow monti's changed a bit of color the last few weeks...think it's too much light...too little light?

When I first got it:

IMG_5119.JPG

Now:

IMG_5431.JPG

...now that I think about it...might need more light...thoughts?

SouthFlorida_Tron

Just give it time to settle in, most of my sps if not all went thru a "brown" period then after 4-6 weeks when new growth kicks, the color comes back.... Such as th Borealis or the plasma.

Maybe move it up if u think it's lacking light.

Here's a small one at a local shop: http://www.ebay.com/itm/AAF-Small-Brillian...l-/220914407448

I've seen these in person and this is accurate color. But I agree that most look either more purple or more brown than orange or gold.

Thanks Tron, I'll give it some more time and see if it'll ever adjust. Here's a better pic of the new zoa too...what should I call it? Sunrise?

zoanhid.jpg

That is awesome how you have an FTS for both sides rbaby and they look great!! Makes it tough that you have to scape for multiple viewing angles though :P

Thanks guys, I'm looking forward to everything growing in :)...some zoanthids I don't like as much are growing faster than others so I'll need to do a trim session and sell some frags shortly.

That is awesome how you have an FTS for both sides rbaby and they look great!! Makes it tough that you have to scape for multiple viewing angles though :P

The dual-side really has saved me...can you imagine all my corals WITH ONLY ONE USABLE SIDE? I would have been screwed barely a month into the transfer haha.

Dual sided tanks are really quite awesome especially for nanos--it's as if you had a tank 2x the size of it :)...

Kat, yes that looks the same! Do you know what it's called?

The LFS called it "those Zoas you wanted, which were not for sale but we are selling them to you anyway". So I'm calling them "those zoas"

Someone asked a fuller shot further back with the light included to see spread. This is the back--the front's got a buncha frag plugs on it for someone coming to pick it up this weekend :)
IMG_5449.JPG

I'm waiting to take a pic of my b-day present from my man (yay!)...it's being shy and only showing me tentacles :(...

Archived