SaltCritters.com

rbaby' 60-F Dual View Panorama

rbaby

Oh no! Sorry to hear. Keep it simple till you have more time.

Hope to see updates and have you back.

Well, no real updates I'm afraid except my tank is looking extremely bare. I've slowly been pawning off corals so I can free up space and have the tank be a maxi-mini paradise :)...

My SPS has grown significantly to the point of being a nuisance, so I'm going to try to get rid of them ASAP!

rbaby

Hey how did you make the you light fixture? It's is very nice!

It's made with 80/20 aluminum and connectors.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deckoz2302

I thought you Broke down your tank? I finally dud end up finding a vlue maxi like yours...here 2 years later lol

Thought you were out! Dam can't wait to see this mini nem tank. I was always real jealous of your nems! And always think about them...seriously.

Maxi-mini paradise sounds nice! I'd love to see a photo of your out-of-control sps!!!! :happy:

I need to dump them, I bought a few just to test them out with this tank but now they're insane. I have a birdsnest that decided to spore on me and killed a lot of my prized zoanthids and nearly killed all of them. I'm still scared of buying any more zoas in fear that they do it again...now I just have birdsnest growing all over my rocks :furious: ...

I thought you Broke down your tank? I finally dud end up finding a vlue maxi like yours...here 2 years later lol

Pic?! I want to see!

I still get a lot of inquiries about my 80/20 mount (despite AI looking like they came out with their own system inspired by the 80/20 system)...here's the order sheet that contains everything I used, exactly which pieces were used and how much it cost.

- 2 cut to length T-Slot Tube cut to length.

- L-Joining Plate to connect them together and fasteners.

- 4 Inside Corner Brackets to mount it to my bookcase and hang the light fixture.

clone field... :wub:

LOL, anything for you ;)...my blue is getting too large, he's reaching about 3.5" now, it might be time to chop him up :)

Here's an updated FTS, I will likely be removing all of the SPS and selling some items off to make room for my maxi's. Oddly enough, I forgot what camera settings I used to use when taking FTS so I can't seem to get it quite as clear :( upsetting...

FTS-5-27-13.jpg

Really intrigued by the new AI Vega, I think I will be purchasing so I can get more coverage on the edges. Honestly, I got the SPS pieces just to see how I'd do with them...they clearly do just fine :( I have to trim them very often and it's quite honestly a PITA.

Spirofucci

I love the mini's, but I don't think they like my light as they always end up in shadowed places and I never see them. :(

wow so beautiful. i need some of that sps

If you were in L.A. I'd have had you pick a frag up today...I have a lot of them in plugs from my clippings--I typically toss them out but the hubby wanted to "save" them.

I love the mini's, but I don't think they like my light as they always end up in shadowed places and I never see them. :(

My blue one tends to like the shade, he wedged himself in a crevice--the others are in partial shade. I wonder how they'll be when I change my lights...hmmm...

Spirofucci

On the other hand, my rock nems, I have only two, do like the high light. Because of this, I'm going to get some more, when Morgan has some real purdy ones.

Your tank is really going to look great with all them nems in there!

I received my new Vega lights--luckily, I don't need to mod my light mount at all! Slides right in. This is my first coral purchase in a LONG time...a pair of Red Mini-Mini Nems:

red-mini-nems.jpg

Really intrigued by the new AI Vega, I think I will be purchasing so I can get more coverage on the edges. Honestly, I got the SPS pieces just to see how I'd do with them...they clearly do just fine :( I have to trim them very often and it's quite honestly a PITA.

How tough on you that must be :|

I'm happy with the vega so far. For the price and controllability I think it's one of the best.

My first purchase in a LONG time...a pair of Red Mini-Mini Nems

I wanted to get one of these a while back but they wanted $99 for it and I didn't do it. Mini nems are always my fav!

I set up my Vega tonight--perfect fit the mount, slid right in! I love it when things work out! Acclimating corals for a few weeks starting at 10%...I also increased the height to cover more of the tank. The new controller is frustrating...argh!

vega-mount.jpg

vega-mount-full.jpg

Couple things:

Make sure you upgrade the software on the controller first thing. The old software is ... old.

Make sure you are NOT using the supplied power adapter. Use a phone charger or something instead. Buttons were super frustrating until I did this.

I switched from the SOL to the vega and I was going to use acclimation, but I didn't. Right now I'm almost maxed out with the intensities and everything is fine.

I set up my Vega tonight--perfect fit the mount, slid right in! I love it when things work out! Acclimating corals for a few weeks starting at 10%...I also increased the height to cover more of the tank. The new controller is frustrating...argh!

Looking good. Some people would kill to have your SPS problem. :happy:

What intensity were you running your nano? IMO skip the coral acclimation mode altogether. It basically cuts your set intensity in half. So obviously if you have the lights set at 10% (which is super low to begin) it will run your lights at 5%. I would ramp right up to whatever your last settings were at on the Nano. The optics on the Vega are all 80 degrees, so you will be getting less "punch" than the light coming from the Nano (40/70 degree optics). I've owned both lights and went through a similar transition...

Archived