SaltCritters.com

~ Candy Land ~ New Pics up Radions are UP! Tons of Top Downs.

FlCandy

All these nice macro shots. I guess my 2008 p/s is not gonna do much longer.

Thank you very much I am impressed for what I paid and it not being a "ZOOM" macro it does pretty well. :blush:

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, I'm so behind. Just finished getting caught up in your thread. Well mostly I just skimmed until I got to photos and then went, "OOOO, AHHHH!" :lol: You sure have gotten good at the macro shots. I'm jealous of your nice camera! Looks like everything is healthy, happy, and growing like crazy. Good work!

Also, looks like you moved to a gorgeous area. I really loved all the waterfall photos and the photos of Lilly. You're too pretty, Randi! :D

Sorry, I'm so behind. Just finished getting caught up in your thread. Well mostly I just skimmed until I got to photos and then went, "OOOO, AHHHH!" :lol: You sure have gotten good at the macro shots. I'm jealous of your nice camera! Looks like everything is healthy, happy, and growing like crazy. Good work!

Also, looks like you moved to a gorgeous area. I really loved all the waterfall photos and the photos of Lilly. You're too pretty, Randi! :D

You are way too flattering! And I know your talking about Lilly not me! My hair was nuts from the wind and etc. :lol::blush:

And thanks on the pics, all I did was get the lens upgrade for the same camera with an adapter but it is not a "Zoom" so I did not pay that $$$$ that people talk about. It was nowhere near the cost of a zoom macro. And I still get way more detail and closer to the subject.

Hey, just noticed all of your pictures from looking glass falls. We've done quite a bit of hiking in the area since moving up and one place that I can recommend is down in Dupont state forest. I think the two big falls are called triple falls and high falls and they are the most amazing falls we've come across yet. It's probably a 45 minute drove down past Brevard but well worth it. So many amazing places around here.

Hey, just noticed all of your pictures from looking glass falls. We've done quite a bit of hiking in the area since moving up and one place that I can recommend is down in Dupont state forest. I think the two big falls are called triple falls and high falls and they are the most amazing falls we've come across yet. It's probably a 45 minute drove down past Brevard but well worth it. So many amazing places around here.

And there are horse trails as well and miles and miles of mountain biking if you like flipping over handlebars. That's just not my thing.

And there are horse trails as well and miles and miles of mountain biking if you like flipping over handlebars. That's just not my thing.

Flipping over handlebars is really really fun though...I do it on a pretty regular basis haha. So many good trails around here if you are into mountain biking.

Very pleasing eye candy at La casa de FlCandy!

Thanks lady! :blush:

Yeah we always make a point to check them out first as Looking Glass is the first one we ever saw up here. Have to check out Dupont next weekend.

Not mine either, I have enough trouble not falling when walking on my own two feet. Now Horse trails is a bit different. I don't fall then as long as the horse doesn't slip! fingerscrossed

You're too modest :)

Thanks I just don't look at myself that way :flower: I think everyone only sees their own flaws. I am my own worst critic! ;)

Flipping over handlebars is really really fun though...I do it on a pretty regular basis haha. So many good trails around here if you are into mountain biking.

Ack not if you've done it onto concrete I bet rocks and clay suck just as hard though! :lol:;)

SO got that FTS as requested, Nothing I can do about the white looking Acro in the center, it is a bit bleached, but it's a very light pink and green. That was the Aussie Colony I've been having troubles with.

9/29/13

988711_10151872066904029_183106986_n.jpg

Of all days today Kevin chose to be PO. He is usually open all the way just missed the chance earlier when I was walking the dog and he was open then. Meh pissy clams happen! ;):rolleyes:

That's the ORA Green Tip Scripps. It's a damn weed and has gone nuts with the even higher lighting and current. Hoping the bleached pieces from the Aussie (their where the scripps was) are happier lower down.

SO got that FTS as requested, Nothing I can do about the white looking Acro in the center, it is a bit bleached, but it's a very light pink and green. That was the Aussie Colony I've been having troubles with.

9/29/13

988711_10151872066904029_183106986_n.jpg

Of all days today Kevin chose to be PO. He is usually open all the way just missed the chance earlier when I was walking the dog and he was open then. Meh pissy clams happen! ;):rolleyes:

Tank looks awesome!

I've got a wild caught aussie acro that shows little color as well, while everything else is thriving. It was harvested for a reason, and that's not because it lacked color, lol. I've had it for about 6 months now and I think I'm just about ready to give up on it. I might pull it out of the tank and place something else where it sits. Available real estate in my tank is at a premium these days. There's no room for white corals. Was that racist?? lol.

The one you're having trouble with, was it maricultured?

Couldn't tell you for sure. But there is some good PE on what I have left.

Tank looks awesome!

I've got a wild caught aussie acro that shows little color as well, while everything else is thriving. It was harvested for a reason, and that's not because it lacked color, lol. I've had it for about 6 months now and I think I'm just about ready to give up on it. I might pull it out of the tank and place something else where it sits. Available real estate in my tank is at a premium these days. There's no room for white corals. Was that racist?? lol.

I can't give up on it yet no stores here have anything to fill the place of it as of yet and some of it is looking better. I'll give it another month or until it all dies lmao if there is polyps I can't give up on it.

9/29/13

Very nice Randi ...

Wow, that coral top left looks like it's about to bust outta the water! Growing like crazy!!

Yes it looks like that indeed Annette ...

Very nice Randi ...

Yes it looks like that indeed Annette ...

I've tried to take pics once a week so I could document the growth since starting the daphbio. I'll post them this weekend. There is some crazy growth on some of them now.

Great looking tank! I love the mix of colors. =)

Thank you! I've tried to get some diversity in tree and it's looking pretty good now.

Now just for my CUC from John and it'll be back on track again with no cyano.

I've tried to take pics once a week so I could document the growth since starting the daphbio. I'll post them this weekend. There is some crazy growth on some of them now.

Thank you! I've tried to get some diversity in tree and it's looking pretty good now.

Thanks Randi ...

Just some additives and filter socks. Nothing I had to have there mostly fish and stuff I had. Nice store though worth the drive for the chat with people who actually know their stuff.

Got those before and afters, here you go

FTS

1385051_10151886828069029_238007150_n.jp

Karl's Before

1375878_10151886841079029_820690440_n.jp

After

1383327_10151886828114029_107162322_n.jp

Jose's Before

1392013_10151886841304029_1752280695_n.j

Jose's After

1383756_10151886830544029_1235231140_n.j

Pink Lather Before

1382369_10151886849514029_1225946642_n.j

After

1380247_10151886828149029_1010088332_n.j

ORA Scripps Before

1380583_10151886841824029_731988794_n.jp

ORA Scripps After

1377989_10151886828729029_63202576_n.jpg

ORA Red Planet Before

1377564_10151886841564029_1622091755_n.j

ORA Red Planet After

1384361_10151886828844029_1544545694_n.j

Poci Before

1374775_10151886840829029_370258744_n.jp

Poci After

1390587_10151886830499029_425674486_n.jp

Clam

1391926_10151886829514029_515939759_n.jp

Done for the day I am short on pics. Hope you can see what I mean with these pics of the stonies. Now I have to go do something for me finally. Thanks

Oh and the aussie that was STN'ing is now encrusting the glue... not losing any more flesh so I am hoping we are on the uphill slope.

Archived