Innovative Marine Aquariums

~ Candy Land ~ New Pics up Radions are UP! Tons of Top Downs.

FlCandy

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tank looks good so far, looks like you had fun at the zoo

TY!

I always have fun at the zoo, I really love the big cats their my favorite.

So after it being clear yesterday I ran a normalish light cycle turned them on at 1(My lunch Break) and got home at 5 and tank is still clear!

I am done fighting the fricking algae guys! Fingers crossed but I am now 100% sure I have this under control. Coraline is covering the rocks quickly and the Zoas are multiplying! YAY!

Maybe a Frogspawn this week????? Hmmm we will see.

Tank is looking great.

Thanks!

Great job on the algae battle!

Did you get to pet any of the cats like you hoped?

Yeah man! I was so determined! And I won!

No they offered to let us pet a alligator, but that's something I can go to the lake and pet if I want to so I was bummed. But the kitties were so cute!

SO Andrew says I can get my other Koralia 750 this week! And since he is going to the Bahamas again this weekend (killer OT for him) I may be allowed to get another coral too! :o

So cool, now that there is something in the tank other then fish and crabs and snails he is kind of into it. Love it!

Thanks!

Yeah man! I was so determined! And I won!

No they offered to let us pet a alligator, but that's something I can go to the lake and pet if I want to so I was bummed. But the kitties were so cute!

SO Andrew says I can get my other Koralia 750 this week! And since he is going to the Bahamas again this weekend (killer OT for him) I may be allowed to get another coral too! :o

So cool, now that there is something in the tank other then fish and crabs and snails he is kind of into it. Love it!

woohoo on new coral!!!! That's some amazing OT :)

woohoo on new coral!!!! That's some amazing OT :)

Getting paid time and a half (or more) to spend the weekend in the Bahamas... Yeaaahhhhhhhhh I'd take that. Hell, I'd probably work for free :D

Getting paid time and a half (or more) to spend the weekend in the Bahamas... Yeaaahhhhhhhhh I'd take that. Hell, I'd probably work for free :D

I wouldn't! he is looking at 12-14 hour days down there free labor is not worth it! LOL

Yeah I am so psyched! Not for him to go but for the new additions, OR I can order my Blenny or Goby/Shrimp!

Eek! What to do!

I vote:

Goby/shrimpy :)

LOL If I do order the fish online I may just get both fish and the shrimp so I only pay the shipping once. I know the 46 can take it! LOL

LOL If I do order the fish online I may just get both fish and the shrimp so I only pay the shipping once. I know the 46 can take it! LOL

Oh yes..your tank can easily handle the bioload of two new additions :) I've added 2 fish to my 12 before with no problems. What shrimp/goby were you thinking about? You probably already said...but I have a bad memory :lol:

What were your thoughts for the next coral addition? I'll second SS's vote for the shrimp/goby pair :)

I was thinking a frogspawn for the next coral, and I was going to get a Randalli Gobie and the Randalli/Candy Pistol shrimp. I like color!

I will have to order them together from BlueZoo when they come in. They don't have the size I want right now as I don't want tiny fish but not full grown either. I want their mediums but those are sold out of the Gobie.

Soon soon.

Oh one of the LFS here is having a everything 15% off as they are opening a new store and I am getting my Powerhed! LOL Woot!

I was thinking a frogspawn for the next coral, and I was going to get a Randalli Gobie and the Randalli/Candy Pistol shrimp. I like color!

I will have to order them together from BlueZoo when they come in. They don't have the size I want right now as I don't want tiny fish but not full grown either. I want their mediums but those are sold out of the Gobie.

Soon soon.

Oh one of the LFS here is having a everything 15% off as they are opening a new store and I am getting my Powerhed! LOL Woot!

The bicolor frogspawns are gorgeous! I think they are green and purple. I had one a few years ago but never got that perfect look...because of my lighting. My tank was too blue to show off the distinction between the colors.

The bicolor frogspawns are gorgeous! I think they are green and purple. I had one a few years ago but never got that perfect look...because of my lighting. My tank was too blue to show off the distinction between the colors.

Yeah the LFS I am checking out this weekend has a bunch of different ones as well as torches and Hammers but I like the look of the froggies and they seem to be the more peaceful guys in that family.

Now to buy a good pair of gloves instead of taking them home from work...... :P

Yeah the LFS I am checking out this weekend has a bunch of different ones as well as torches and Hammers but I like the look of the froggies and they seem to be the more peaceful guys in that family.

Now to buy a good pair of gloves instead of taking them home from work...... :P

Whatever you do, don't buy those blue and orange ones. They are big and bulky! I'm on the small side, 5'3" and had a pair..never used them because they were huge. I buy the disposable plastic long gloves. They are called breeder sleeves. My husband gets a nervous look on his face when I put one on :lol:

Yep I did it, today while I was at the LFS getting my other Powerhead I saw this amazing Branching Frogspawn in the $30 tank and got it. Got 15% off everything as they are having a sale. It is currently floating and I will post pics when it it in and open. WC this weekend and cleaning of the Canister today as well. Will have to do that in between laundry and dishes. LOL

Pics soon, it's green with purple tips. :wub: And is big enough with almost 3 heads for the clowns to host! YAY!

Whatever you do, don't buy those blue and orange ones. They are big and bulky! I'm on the small side, 5'3" and had a pair..never used them because they were huge. I buy the disposable plastic long gloves. They are called breeder sleeves. My husband gets a nervous look on his face when I put one on :lol:

LMAO good to know I skipped the gloves for the coral today! SO excited to put it in and post pics!

Alright here is the pic, been in about 30 minutes now and is already more inflated then that pic taken about 10 min ago.

Clowns are already checking it out! ;)

311019_10150397535384029_659639028_8415023_1010904717_n.jpg

I put it in a nice spot, just have a camera that doesn't love the blues. Turned out okay! The colors are so bright!

surgicalsense

Very nice, that is a nice size one too. That would be awesome if they hosted it.

At first I thought my clowns were going to host my purple shrooms, because they layed on them a few times. Nope, I think they like the skimmer. That is where they sleep at night. LOL

Pretty frogspawn! My brother has one just like that. The contrasting colors are gorgeous!

Danielle...my clown sleeps by my surface skimmer too! I wonder what it is about that spot. He'll wedge himself in between the skimmer and the tank side glass. Sleeps with his nose facing down. They are so silly!

Candy has a frogspawn omgomgomg

Is your tank still a little cloudy or have camera problems?

Nope clear look back It's totally clear now, just camera phone doesnt like the angle of the shot. I didn't have it right against the glass.

I am hoping they do host it, Changa has been checking it out from a distance, I placed it right below their current host, the glass thermometer. :lol:

It's almost fully inflated one of the heads and the other is nearly there. More pics tomorrow.

Archived