inTank Media Baskets

Cape Horn

JoelRHale

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is VERY important that you add the kalk to the top off water the night before and let it sit. Do not disturb the water or shake it. It will form a powdery layer on the bottom which is stuff you DO NOT want in your tank, a clear liquid in the middle which you WANT in the tank, then a foamy layer on the top which is bad like the bottom layer.

You only want to ATO with the clear liquid once the kalk settles out.

Do not use a powerhead in the reservoir only, that will dose your tank a "Saturated" dosage of kalk which is BAD. so dont be bad... mmkay

I use a generic 5Gal juggy with a handle on top from the fish store, I have a small pvc pipe that I connected my airline hose from my ATO pump. I lay the pipe ever so ever so gently into my reservoir the next day after the 3 layers have settled and it allows only the clear liquid to be sucked and dosed by the ATO unit

So. In english, I can just add it to my reservoir and be done with it.

No, its easy to use but not that easy

On my last miserable update on my thread, I have a pic of my "Kalkwasser Juggy". I have 2 of them in fact cause all Juggys come in twos right?

Having 2 of them allows me to prepare a mixture of kalk and let it sit developing the appropriate layers overnight, when the current juggy that is topping off gets low, I move the lil pipe with my airline hose to the new rdy to use Juggy for the ATO to suckle on

ALSO theres no need to turn off your ATO to refill your reservoir or mix kalk if you have 2 JUGGYS. :D

You got a gif for that? :unsure: jigglejigglejigglejigglejigglejiggle

Have you seen the man show? It was an amazing beacon of manliness.

No, me and Siwelk.

Word. I miss that show. Me and you, let's become the new hosts and bring it back like timberlake.

It was like bacon, before bacon was everything.

netflix! haha the old man that could swallow a 12oz beer in one sip was baller! haha...ballz as the manshow boy....he'd have to gain about 150lbs lol

Joel, your thread has gone from a lounge to a gentlemen's club since the last time I checked in.

I'm slightly bothered by the fact that I know what The Man Show is... -_-

Archived