ReefCleaners.org

Cape Horn

JoelRHale

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
im really liking that milli

Me too. B) I still like that other whitish acro more but this one is hella nice.

Hello batman pants, what did I miss?

Nothing really, except for my params are in and they are perfect and my tank is looking really good. I want that Red Slime Remover out of my tank though, I'm skimming about as dry as I can and I'm still pulling almost 15oz a day.

Awesome Mille!!! We will have to trade when it grows up.

Hows the kalkwasser dosing going? I upped my dosage to 2tsp per 5 gallons. Noticing rapid growth of coraline on my overflow box now. You noticing anything? or have you tested any parameters and noticed improvement?

Hope your well Joel. :)

Awesome Mille!!! We will have to trade when it grows up.

Hows the kalkwasser dosing going? I upped my dosage to 2tsp per 5 gallons. Noticing rapid growth of coraline on my overflow box now. You noticing anything? or have you tested any parameters and noticed improvement?

Hope your well Joel. :)

How did that thing go last Friday? Also, I haven't forgotten about your Yuma. B) They are getting pretty big. I will get a scalpel and separate one for you here soon and mail it to you in march when it's a bit warmer.

Kalk is going great, still not long enough to definitively tell but my params are Ca: 460, Mg: 1400, DKH: 12 so they are in the right spot. I will know more in about a month probably.

My sps colors are finally starting to come back too....

I burnt the ponape birdsnest lol...oops

Good to hear, and poor ponape :( It seems like everyone wants/has a ponape.

The ponape was completely white when it came in from morgan...not even a glow under actinics...now its sparkly green...but one branch is black lol...should heal over soon

Can everybody back up a second. How much Kalkwasser am I going to put in my ATO reservoir?

I'm putting 1TSP per gallon as per the directions but Woogs is doing 2TSP/5 gallons.

The ponape was completely white when it came in from morgan...not even a glow under actinics...now its sparkly green...but one branch is black lol...should heal over soon

SPS ship terribly IME :(

Metro, Im currently at 2tsp/5gal, I started at 1tsp/5gal and Im just gonna keep increasing until seems to be working or corals show good or bad. I think you should do Kalk. Im noticing a difference already and it seems with Joels parameters he is also. PER GALLON OF TOP OFF WATER RESErvoir

Joel, we will plan for March. I have a friend visiting this coming weekend, he will be taking some high quality pichers of my corals since I lack a decent camera. Got lots for you to choose from Jackson!!!

Deckoz, last Friday my friend bought a Tyree Ponape, stuck it in my tank and it bleached out faster than Joel, Metrokat, and Deckoz post on this thread :D Bummer!!! But inside I kind of think its cool cause its not my coral and my lights kicked its ass lol

more fishies plz?

:rolleyes:

I have to wait for my semester to so I can do my 20L upgrade. So I live vicariously through you guys.

Possibly new fish tomorrow :)

Per gallon display water volume or reservoir water volume?

For reservoir volume. Sorry haha. I refill it when there's a half gallon left and then I replenish it with 4 gallons so when I mix it in my Lowe's bucket I put 4 tsp into the 4 gallons of water and let it sit overnight.

Metro, Im currently at 2tsp/5gal, I started at 1tsp/5gal and Im just gonna keep increasing until seems to be working or corals show good or bad. I think you should do Kalk. Im noticing a difference already and it seems with Joels parameters he is also. PER GALLON OF TOP OFF WATER RESErvoir

Joel, we will plan for March. I have a friend visiting this coming weekend, he will be taking some high quality pichers of my corals since I lack a decent camera. Got lots for you to choose from Jackson!!!

Deckoz, last Friday my friend bought a Tyree Ponape, stuck it in my tank and it bleached out faster than Joel, Metrokat, and Deckoz post on this thread :D Bummer!!! But inside I kind of think its cool cause its not my coral and my lights kicked its ass lol

Sounds awesome :)

Itll come back, give it a few weeks wooglie...haha its disapointing at first with new sps if they werent under leds lol

Yeah, LEDs are harsh to corals not used to them!

I just spent 60$!

On what?

17$ on Vita-Mealies

25$ on iPod accessories

9$ on Gameboy Micro Charger

10$ on Gameboy Micro Charger

Woot! Not reef related, but happy nonetheless omgomgomg

For reservoir volume. Sorry haha. I refill it when there's a half gallon left and then I replenish it with 4 gallons so when I mix it in my Lowe's bucket I put 4 tsp into the 4 gallons of water and let it sit overnight.

You have to pre-mix it before adding it to the reservoir? why not add a circulation pump in the reservoir?

You have to pre-mix it before adding it to the reservoir? why not add a circulation pump in the reservoir?

You don't have to premix it, I just like to do it that way. The basement where my tank is in isn't hooked up for plumbing so I have to use 5 gallon buckets anyways so it's nothing for me to add the powder when I fill it up. Then I just stir it up real good and put a lid on it and let it sit before I start adding it to my reservoir.

I suppose, but the instructions made it clear that it has to sit for an hour before being added to the aquarium and most of what I read online was let it sit for at least 24 hours so if you just add it to the reservoir it could pump in 5 minutes after you add it and do something bad. I don't know what it would do though.

Archived