Top Shelf Aquatics

Cape Horn

JoelRHale

Ballz?

HI BALLZ!

Yeah I am thinking about raising it from 30" tall to 36" tall as I need 28" of clearance for the skimmer......

I would really need a step stool then.......

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it would be cool to have a pet store rack with like 3 75's stacked on top of each other all plumbed into one sump. Top being macro/mangrove forest, middle SPS/LPS reef, bottom softy/gorg low flow seahorse pipefish. Yeah that would be cool.

I think it would be cool to have a pet store rack with like 3 75's stacked on top of each other all plumbed into one sump. Top being macro/mangrove forest, middle SPS/LPS reef, bottom softy/gorg low flow seahorse pipefish. Yeah that would be cool.

Husband and I are planning on Breeding the clowns when they come of age and start laying eggs (Hoping to get some Midnight, or Domino as both parents have misbarring, male has WAY less white then female), so we may end up going that route with the room right behind the tank, or convert the guest bedroom into the breeding room. Maybe put in some mirrored ceilings and mood lighting, oh and a stereo playing "Let's Get it On". :naughtydance:

But we planned on having it look like a fish store rack.

Strontium is the key for sps????? I have brightwell's strontium. I put 1 drop in per day because I don't test. I know it's good for leathers that's why I dose it. Think I should be putting more in per day? The directions say 1 capful per 20g every other day. Maybe I should be doing half a capful every other day? I'm just afraid of over dosing since I don't test.

25 Display + 10 Sump(8 filled at level) + 2.5 HOB fuge = 37.5. You also have bigger corals. so a drop a day makes sense. Also you haven't seen any ill effects from it have you? I'd imagine if you were over dosing youd notice your leathers shriveling looking as if they were "dried up". Also if your over dosing - your hard corals will be have a more brittle skeleton and will snap easily

I gots some researching to do. :D

My ca/alk run high so with just the 9 frags I doubt I'll need to dose.

That's why I am doing my week long test. I want to know my params with these, and then I can test when I get more SPS and see what the difference is, figure out my dosing if needed etc. But I am going to have close to 60 gallons in this system soon with the new sump, will make life so easy.

:D good. I found a several more shooters in the back so you're getting a hefty amount.

Awesome! I will make sure to return the favor when I get the Macros and plants for the SUMP. Planning Mangroves and all display macros in there etc. Going to be a jungle!

I will do, have inquired on the bulk buy price too and it's about $1 a mangrove, soooooooo may have to get a quantity. How many would you need if I was to buy some?

HAHAHA I will be sending probably less then that. Looking to get them Mid February after the trip as I don't want to plumb it and have an issue when I am gone. Don't want to stress my poor TS.

If I had to ballpark, I'd say 20-30. At that price though I'm tempted for more though :lol:

lol i wanna get macros ugh but i gotta kill this damn gha.. how long does it take joel? protein skimmer routine water changes, algae blenny, crew from johny.. the ONLY thing i dont have is a GFO reactor and that might be next

I was planning on 10 for me, and buying 30 total. He is local and I would only have to drive a bit to get them. As they are plants I bet 2nd day would be fine as well.

I will let you know when the plants are headed your way!

OMG I'm so essited! When I'm getting my macro/mangroves I will have to pause coral buys but man I am happy to do it so I have the filtration! I hope the macros will fill in the area between the roots and just look like jungle.

Archived