SaltCritters.com

Cape Horn

JoelRHale

lol i wanna get macros ugh but i gotta kill this damn gha.. how long does it take joel? protein skimmer routine water changes, algae blenny, crew from johny.. the ONLY thing i dont have is a GFO reactor and that might be next

NO reactor needed. DO you have a place to stick a bag of Purgen? Just do that, change it every 4 weeks, WC and manual removal. OH and CUC.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just kinda popped in here.

Joel is sending some of his Macro algae to me and I am planning on returning the favor, was just trying to get a good idea of how many I should get so I could share.

NO reactor needed. DO you have a place to stick a bag of Purgen? Just do that, change it every 4 weeks, WC and manual removal. OH and CUC.

have a 20L sump - and i think a reactor + gfo is far cheaper than trying to replace purigen every few weeks :)

lol i wanna get macros ugh but i gotta kill this damn gha.. how long does it take joel? protein skimmer routine water changes, algae blenny, crew from johny.. the ONLY thing i dont have is a GFO reactor and that might be next

What's your water source? Have you tested it before going into the tank? It took about a month and a half in both the 20 and the 40 to get rid of it. If you get macro they will out compete the GHA.

I was planning on 10 for me, and buying 30 total. He is local and I would only have to drive a bit to get them. As they are plants I bet 2nd day would be fine as well.

I will let you know when the plants are headed your way!

OMG I'm so essited! When I'm getting my macro/mangroves I will have to pause coral buys but man I am happy to do it so I have the filtration! I hope the macros will fill in the area between the roots and just look like jungle.

I need to figure out where I'll put 20 mangroves :o

I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

Randi has a wicked sick connection for mangroves, I'm sending her free macro and she's going to hit me back B) exactly how reefing should be.

What's your water source? Have you tested it before going into the tank? It took about a month and a half in both the 20 and the 40 to get rid of it. If you get macro they will out compete the GHA.

spectrapure RODI 90gpd, have ran this FOREVER I have the sump reactor going and produce tons of GHA.. its just insane why the HELL i still have gha after a year of battling this crap.. I cannot imagine my rocks being that infested with phosphates,

I test my water 0 tds out the RODI machine, 0 Phosphates prior to mixing etc etc.. I swear i dont understand why this hobby wants me to have such lovely and colorful GHA

I did have a problem of lights on way to long, now i run ~11 hours of light - give or take a little bit its on a timer.. but sometimes i do tank maint early and turn it all on

Archived