Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Cape Horn

JoelRHale

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
spectrapure RODI 90gpd, have ran this FOREVER I have the sump reactor going and produce tons of GHA.. its just insane why the HELL i still have gha after a year of battling this crap.. I cannot imagine my rocks being that infested with phosphates,

I test my water 0 tds out the RODI machine, 0 Phosphates prior to mixing etc etc.. I swear i dont understand why this hobby wants me to have such lovely and colorful GHA

I did have a problem of lights on way to long, now i run ~11 hours of light - give or take a little bit its on a timer.. but sometimes i do tank maint early and turn it all on

Those early days are probably not helping. Macros would help with nutrient export even with the reactor I think they would help. Why I am hitting everyone up for their macro clippings!

I battled GHA and suspended algae for 2 months with 2x weekly 50% WC in the 46 bow and would remove the rocks scrub them etc. Have you looked into the peroxide thread? They say as long as you only do a spot treatment it will do the trick and not po the corals and etc.

Those early days are probably not helping. Macros would help with nutrient export even with the reactor I think they would help. Why I am hitting everyone up for their macro clippings!

I battled GHA and suspended algae for 2 months with 2x weekly 50% WC in the 46 bow and would remove the rocks scrub them etc. Have you looked into the peroxide thread? They say as long as you only do a spot treatment it will do the trick and not po the corals and etc.

yea, well my algae blenny nibbles on the green stuff from time to time... he mostly picks at the rocks.. I will continue on with my current warfare, remove chunks of gha off the rock and flush it down the drain

devilsadvocate
If you buy more than 20 they are $1, I assume 20 would fit into a flat rate large box for 15. So like $35

hmmm, good price, my lfs wants 5 dollars a stem.

Shipping is not free #### brain :P

LMAO don't have to be harsh!

IDK cost is up above if I buy lots of 30 its $1 a tree.

Shipping is going to be 2 day UPS ground. So wherever you live is shipping cost. Either way I am in FL and groves are cheep here.

Man I should figure out some way to profit from this........

Trog, did you consider a complete break down? Set up a temp tank and dip all your rocks in peroxide, clean all your equipment, etc. and somewhat start over. I don't see how you have a problem with that fuge and all of your efforts. You've done practically everything.

I'd do 3$+ per stick.

2.50 would be 150% increase, and no one buys one tree, IDK I should figure it out! OHHHHHH fund some other things!

Don't think to hard. Think of something you have a lot of [mangroves]. Now think of something worth buying for [_______]. Frags?

Trog, did you consider a complete break down? Set up a temp tank and dip all your rocks in peroxide, clean all your equipment, etc. and somewhat start over. I don't see how you have a problem with that fuge and all of your efforts. You've done practically everything.

grr.. no i dont want to go that rout..

i might start removing one infested rock at a time.. letting it dry out completely and putting it back in.. realistically, one rock has 250-300 polyps on it, it has some gha on the back, its not going to be removed and burned.. however, i have a rock which is the mother colony of gha at this point.. it is not growing back at enormous rates anymore. Which is great.. There is signs it is working, a frag that had gha on it is clean now.. the rock that i put my gsp on.. the gha is just stubble at this point.

I ordered the CuC from johny, its in there now doing what it do.. oo ooo - sorry had to

Im sick of losing corals, I truly want to be able to start placing things around.

People here have hard ons for mangroves thinking they solve their water problems, you could easily middle woman here in the classifieds. Just don't share where you get them (secret safe with me) and you're golden. I paid $15 a tree for mine, I'd charge $5/tree, $20/5, $30/10 + shipping.

People here have hard ons for mangroves thinking they solve their water problems, you could easily middle woman here in the classifieds. Just don't share where you get them (secret safe with me) and you're golden. I paid $15 a tree for mine, I'd charge $5/tree, $20/5, $30/10 + shipping.

my lfs has mangroves as well.. god man i feel like im throwing money down the damned drain every time i hear 'will eat gha' .. will clean this up, i have tried proven eaters, I have had a Sea Hare who laughed at the algae and died, I have had hermit after hermit do nothing, I had a old lawnmower blenny RIP (not sure where he went.. think the nem got him.. after all he did host him).. he did a decent job for a short time, and then he found a liking for flake.

Nice I may take that. I would get the payment buy the trees and boxes send them out, profit.

1. Mangroves

2. ????

3. Profit

Trog don't let it dry out unless your going to make it completely dry rock. You'll have more die off in the rock and just pot all that back in and have more algae from that down the road.

Archived