Coral Vue Hydros

Cape Horn

JoelRHale

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depends on my success with SPS. I'm almost 100% certainly going BB, it's going to be super flow, DIY scape. I want neon gobies. I wanted sexy shrimp but now I could take or leave them.

If I have lr in the dt, the sump will be fancy macro and mangroves. Maybe even with a pj cardinal fish trio down there or something that wouldn't fit into the main tank.

I don't see why you wouldn't have success with sps. You have all the equipment. I like the sounds of your plan! I especially like the pj cardinals in the sump fuge. So cool!

It's just an intangible thing I've not been able to have success with, that's why I'm not banking on having an SPS dominate tank :lol:

I will get strontium this week. I know it's good for most coral and my buddy here in town swears by it. I will not be feeding my tank everyday, that's how I came close to crashing it :lol: when I start feeding again religiously it will be 1-2x week spot feeding with no more than 10ml total food. I tried SPS in my first reef but I didn't have sufficient lights/knowledge and I never succeeded and then I ended up buying a sick acro this time around so it's just a mental thing. These Mr. Coral pieces look great though, good PE, they are coloring up. I just need them to be happy to get some confidence.

Well I still bought more SPS, didn't I? :lol: if it was my fault and I kept killing stuff I wouldn't but I'm convinced I'm capable of doing it. Just need some proof before I plan a whole scape/upgrade around it.

Ah I gotcha, hey if it makes you feel anybetter some people just wing it all...

Yeah, some people have amazing SPS tanks and don't dose and haven't changed their water in 6 months. Intangible qualities, like I said :lol: I do not own them. :(

So much confidence! LMAO more then I have, that's why we only bought wood for one part of the stand, I didn't know if my design would be okay, but it is! Only thing now is I am thinking I should have made it 60" long instead of 48".

I am going to make it taller, we already upped the width from 20" to 24". Nothing is ever set in stone!

I wish I had made my stand so my tank was at eye level. Maintenance woulda been a pain but I coulda had a frag tank and sump under the display lol

Archived