Coral Vue Hydros

BOMBreef's LED Solana

BOMBreef

:) I remember when this tank was just a Rockwall

Seems like just yesterday....haha

mmm nice, how about a new updated fts? cool that you went to cal state fullerton, i go to cal poly pomona right now.

I'll get one later today....I'm going to spend a little time organizing my RKL and all the wires in my tank in preparation for Friday!

That's cool man I might go back to either Cal Poly or San Bernardino...haven't decided yet.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted User 4
Seems like just yesterday....haha

I'll get one later today....I'm going to spend a little time organizing my RKL and all the wires in my tank in preparation for Friday!

That's cool man I might go back to either Cal Poly or San Bernardino...haven't decided yet.

hmmm you're going for master's?

hmmm you're going for master's?

No no I still need to finish my BA....I left CSUF to go to medic school then I went to the fire academy.

Here's some new pics....Here's my miami hurricane chalice I've had for quite a while. It is coloring up more and more every day and growing very fast too! I'd say I have over 20 eyes.

miamihurricane.jpg

Here's a new frag of acans I got earlier this week.

acansnew.jpg

Surprise is coming later this evening! EEEEkk

I can't wait!

Wait no longer my friend!

6815509393_268c93e617.jpg

SOLbox by BOMBreef, on Flickr

6815511637_49bc8f38d4.jpg

SOLheat by BOMBreef, on Flickr

6815510589_24ed618dbe.jpg

SOLlense by BOMBreef, on Flickr

Picked it up BNIB from a local reefer who won it as a prize....needless to say I scored if wayy cheap and it included the AI controller. Also won a little bucket of RSCP at the IEMAS meeting tonight! SCORE! Now I just need to hang this bad boy!

mmmhmmm nice upgrade, well, if you go to cal poly, ill definitely make sure to meet you there :D

Yeah dude forsure

Got some new corals today I'll have pics up soon they are awesome!

I want to add a new fish here soon. Anyone's thoughts? I was thinking a Chalk bass, but I don't know too many people that have them.

Deleted User 4

maybe some sort of blenny? like the orange spotted blenny, tailspot blenny, or maybe a midas blenny? blue spotted jawfish would be nice but you don't have a cover.

Mystery wrasse, yasha goby, other kinds of fairy wrasse, leopard wrasse?

Well I already have a tailspot blenny. I want something different.

I would love a Mystery wrasse but they jump and I don't want to put a top on my tank or a net.

I saw a Chalk bass today at the LFS....I'm going to do some research on them.

I see, chalk bass is nice too

Yeah I think I'm going to pick one up along with a six line wrasse soon.

I'll have some pics up later of my new corals.

I really need to get an updated FTS.

Finished my weekly 5g WC....was going to take a new fts, but it was a littly cloudy after. I'll give it a shot tomorrow. I've got new pics though

New chalice I got from Fish Collection....been looking for the piece FOREVER!

6866681679_aceb109437.jpg

Newchalice by BOMBreef, on Flickr

Capt' Merica....love these!

6866684645_5d7a36b96d.jpg

Capt.Merica's by BOMBreef, on Flickr

My clam and some zoas!

6866707347_67638b4c3e.jpg

croceaclam by BOMBreef, on Flickr

New Tyree OG chalice....scored $20 from my LFS.

6866710275_94feff22e3.jpg

OGchalice by BOMBreef, on Flickr

ENJOY.

Nice scoly you got there man!!!! im in love with it

Thanks....it's been coloring up very well! These fauna marin LPS pellets are legit I feed everything with them.

NEW FTS up FINALLY!

I still need to get my girl to take a shot I'm sure she can do much better.

February 2012

6871889691_a4ff1577ee.jpg

Feb12fts by BOMBreef, on Flickr

Deleted User 4

I like the fact that you took out those oversized sps corals and started adding some new sps frags, freaking awesome in proportions to size of the tank

I like the fact that you took out those oversized sps corals and started adding some new sps frags, freaking awesome in proportions to size of the tank

Those are the same corals, I just started over with small frags. They're growing very nicely and will hopefully be nice mini colonies in a couple months.

Looking good. I have not clicked on your thread since early on. Really like how the rock wall looks with corals added in!!

Thanks! I'm going to be doing quite a bit here soon....I really want to add a centerpiece like a nice bubble coral or frogspawn.

saltwatercoral

Setup looks real nice! Love the rock wall and the corals! It looks like the SOL blue is working out great for ya! Did you get your timers setup? If so what did you set them as?

Setup looks real nice! Love the rock wall and the corals! It looks like the SOL blue is working out great for ya! Did you get your timers setup? If so what did you set them as?

Thank you! I'm really loving this SOL....by FAR the best light I've ever had. I got my timers set up, but I still need to mess with them a little. How do these look?

00/15/15 @ 11:30am 60m ramp

15/20/20 @ 1:00pm 5m ramp

35/35/35 @ 3:00pm 30m ramp

15/15/15 @ 6:00pm 60m ramp

00/05/05 @ 7:00pm 60m ramp

00/03/00 @ 8:00pm 120m ramp (lunar cycle)

00/00/00 @ 11:00pm 1m ramp (off)

So far corals are looking great! My zoas at the bottom are starting to reach for light so I'm going to bump it up to 40% peak this weekend.

Here's a new side tank shot with the lunar lights on. SO MANY CONTROLLERS!

6882040895_b9e3da04c5.jpg

LunarSide by BOMBreef, on Flickr

Archived