ReefCleaners.org

BOMBreef's LED Solana

BOMBreef

Hey dude, awesome rock wall! Are you going to be adding sand?

You have to add sand....it's a must. Sand makes the tank look more natural/nice/awesome. :D

Of course! I'm not into the whole BB thing....I've got 20lbs. of Fiji pink on hand which should give me ~1" sand bed. I want a sand bed link hypes tank....sooo clean.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Of course! I'm not into the whole BB thing....I've got 20lbs. of Fiji pink on hand which should give me ~1" sand bed. I want a sand bed link hypes tank....sooo clean.

Great! Me too dude! His sandbed is so white and clean! He uses a conch and a few cerith snails I believe. That's what I plan on doing as well once I need to start adding livestock/CUC.

Yeah conchs are the best I've got four of them in my other tank right now....they keep the sand nice and clean. I'm going to move one over to this tank. Once everything is ready I'm going to order a quick crew from reefcleaners.

So I finished making another light bar since I didn't take into account the space the rock wall would add. I just need to paint it and everything is ready to get WET! :happydance:

Sorry for the cell pics here's a nice one finally!

rock_wall.jpg

Dude, that's an awesome shot! Can't wait to see this thing filled up!

Thanks I'm really lazy about bustin' out the DSLR so I'll have to try and make a habit out of it....cell phone pics just don't do anything justice.

Finally the tank is up and running! It's right next to my other tank and my mated pair of B&W clowns are very interested! I can't wait to get them into their new home! I'll have some pics up tomorrow once everything is nice a clear.

SouthFlorida_Tron

uhghhh. gosh im so thirsty...this pretzel is soooo gooood...

(lets see if my jedi mind trick help add water faster to this tank) :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

uhghhh. gosh im so thirsty...this pretzel is soooo gooood...

(lets see if my jedi mind trick help add water faster to this tank) :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

:lol: Ahhhah dude it's already full and running! But that probably would have done the trick plus now I'm hungry and I want a pretzel. Thanks!

Looks great! and yes get a conch once your sand bed has matured a bit and will be able to feed one. Since i added my conch the sand has never looked more clean. Always had tons of dwarf ceriths and nassarius but they both seem worthless compared to the conch for working on the sand bed anyway.

I like the rock wall! Can't wait to see it filled with water!

Once it clears up!

Looks great! and yes get a conch once your sand bed has matured a bit and will be able to feed one. Since i added my conch the sand has never looked more clean. Always had tons of dwarf ceriths and nassarius but they both seem worthless compared to the conch for working on the sand bed anyway.

Yeah I'll probably add the conch once I break my other tank down...I've got 4 in my 75! They do WORK!

Today I got all the dry rock in....I'll post a pic once it clears up so I can get some constructive criticism on the aquascape. I also added some Dr. Tim's One & Only to cycle my tank faster. I'm writing a review here Dr. Tim's One & Only review. Hopefully this stuff speeds up my cycle!

WOW woke up this morning and the tanks crystal clear! I'll take some new FTS pics later this evening!

Now it's time to go see Harry Potter haaa DONT HATE! :P

Looks great. Keep up the good work.

Thanks!

Everything movin' along....hopefully the cycle should be finished by the end of the week.

I'll be moving over my RBTA and mated pair of B&W clowns first. I'll also be ordering a CUC from reefcleaners along with some mangroves.

Wow very nice rock wall. I might have to do this with my Solana. Very clean and digging the rock work. Can't wait to see this flourishing with corals and fish.

Mr. Microscope
New FTS! Tank is wet and cycling....

Any advice on the scape is appreciated!

Looks good! Just fill it in with corals. You probably have room for some taller stuff on top of the rocks in front of the wall. NPS or SPS maybe.

Archived