Pod Your Reef

BOMBreef's LED Solana

BOMBreef

Thanks yeah I'm planning on putting my birdnest colonies on there. I've got neon green, bird of paradise, pink and ponape birdsnest. They are all pretty big so I'm hoping they fit.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I LOVE the aquascape and rockwall. Looks fantastic.

Can't wait to see this thing stocked.

Thanks Banjo your tank is definitely an inspiration especially with your LPS!

I would still like to see your blastomussa!!!! :)

I'll send you a pic tonight! I've been extremely lazy today haha

Picked up some zoas earlier this week from a friend who wanted to get rid of them

Instant zoa garden! :happydance:

4p rastas

6p red hornets

15p Mohawk palys

10p nightmare morphs

13p Candy apple reds

40p Pink zippers

40p Mindblowing palys

8p Sunny D's

15p Jendub's yellow jacket

10p King Midas

100p green/blue zoa

25p AOG?

etc.

And it was about the price of the rastas alone....score!

In other news.....ammonia is down to 0.25ppm but nitrites are up to about 2ppm so I'm guessing maybe another week to be safe.

I don't have my ATO set up yet, but it's controlled by my Reefkeeper. I have two float switches for redundancy so it doesn't overflow. I'm planning on having a nice ATO reservoir/ 2-part container built by John at advanced acrylics too.

what did u use to make your rock wall

Basically all I used to make the wall was eggcrate, beckett's waterfall foam, some dry LR, sand, and z-poxy finishing resin.

Well ammonia is at 0ppm and my nitrite is about 0.5ppm....almost there!

I'm also thinking about selling my mp40w and picking up an mp10....looking at it in my other tank it's going to look HUGE in this tank.

Wish my tank was cycling that fast... I think I even started before you did.. :P

Still showing ammonia and nitrites and my sump is super freakin green.. :/

Wish my tank was cycling that fast... I think I even started before you did.. :P

Still showing ammonia and nitrites and my sump is super freakin green.. :/

Haha I definitely think the Dr. Tim's is working, but not too sure if it was worth it. Hopefully my cycle will be finished by the end of the week.

All I need is to get an ATO/dosing container and some 2 part b-ionic and I'm set! I also need to update my RKL to the newest firmware, but I can't seem to find the SID. <_<

CYCLE IS OVER! BOOM! :happydance:

Just ordered my CUC from reefcleaners so it should be here by next Wednesday hopefully. I'll do a quick 10g water change, clean up my mp40w and everything is set!

Finally!

No way! It's covered in diatoms! Once I get the CUC in there and it's all clear I'll take a nice FTS with some corals and fish!

Love the rock work, and awesome build so far! Following, and I may have to co-opt some ideas for my own Solana along the way ;)

Nice rock wall! Following.

That reminds me I have a tank with a rock wall standing around that *still* hasn't seen water even though it's been finished for a year... *coughs*

Love the rock work, and awesome build so far! Following, and I may have to co-opt some ideas for my own Solana along the way ;)

Thanks! I'll be taggin' along on your build. I can't wait to see it filled and stocked.

I'm looking forward to seeing this tank evolve!

Me too....I'm really taking inspiration from Zook's, Banjo's, Sushi's and a couple other tanks.

Nice rock wall! Following.

That reminds me I have a tank with a rock wall standing around that *still* hasn't seen water even though it's been finished for a year... *coughs*

Well what are you waiting for?! Get it up and running!

Anyone have any advice for growing mangroves in the back chambers? I've got 5 red mangroves coming from reefcleaners and I'm not sure exactly how to place them. Also will the light spill from my LED fixture be enough to support them or do I need a grow light?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Here's about a weeks worth of skimmate so far from my Tunze 9002. Can't believe I have that much junk in my tank being that there aren't any fish/snails. Can't wait to see what it pulls out when I have a bio-load.

2011-08-09122435.jpg

Keeping it clean and crisp!!! :D

You know it!

Reefcleaners order just came! WOW I can't believe how many snails John gave me! I wonder now why I've never ordered from him before. This CUC would have cost like $100 at a LFS!

I'm going to let them do work until Friday, do a FAT 15g water change, then I'll start moving my livestock over! :happydance: FINALLY!

Archived