ReefCleaners.org

BOMBreef's LED Solana

BOMBreef

Try an ausi-torch. The off coloured tenticles and the bright yellow polyp tips would look sick under your shiners man. That tank is str8 up shmexy btw. Lovin the rock wall. Im in the process of a diy 20 long, and im thinking of doing that to free up space/ mount corals. But, I wanted to ask. How do you actually mount your frags to that wall? Did you leave wholes for frag plugs when you did your foaming or something?

Thanks! I think an aussie torch would be awesome...If I find the right one I'll definitely get one. As for my frags I just use some JB water weld and superglue...I didn't make any holes for plugs although that is a great idea!

Your tank has inspired me to setup a solana with a ai sol instead of a rimless 17g with a sol ... I love the growth and colors of all your chalices . I already bought the 17g lol ..... Good frag tank I guess haha . How often do you do water changes ?

Well I feel so special! You can't go wrong with a Solana it's by far my most favorite tank I've had so far.

I do a 5g water change every Sunday. I tried every other week, but it wasn't working out.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The final thing that sealed the deal was that I wanted to keep chalices and montiporas exclusively ...... Chalices like low light montis like high light and in a 14 in high tank thats 24 long a tall aquascape looks stupid . But in a cube a tall aquascape looks great like yours . 5g seems perfect I did that a week in my biocube 14 and my water was crystal clear and looked great .

Thanks peeps!

It all depends on what your looking for....I bet you can make the 17g look awesome though with a tall scape!

Chalices love dirty water I'm sure I could do every other week and sometimes I do, but water changes never hurt and with my increased bioload I'm sure I'll need it.

Also whats your current sol settings ? Are they the same as you posted a few pages back ? Thats one problem I had with my biocube 14 and my ai nano .... I had no clue what to put the lights on I didn't know if they were to high or to low ( My first reef tank) and then I had to worry about coral placement so I didn't know what was going on until stuff started to die haha .

Edit the 17g is going up for sale or will become a frag tank .

I'll have to edit my settings on the first post...those were where I started. Right now I'm peaking at about 50/65/65 I think. The key to these Ai light is SLOW. I've always had them mounted 12" off the water and every week I increased by 5%. I haven't seen any negative effects yet.

When are you going to get your Solana? I can't wait!

Great looking Wrasse man. Im trying to figure out which type of wrasse to get myself :D

Thanks! I really like flasher wrasses. Great additions to any tank IMO

Here's another that turned out fairly good. I absolutely love the coloration of it.

7804482096_cc507e65b8.jpg

mystery2 by BOMBreef, on Flickr

Thanks man! He's doing great I'm really happy that I got it.

Also I just picked up these Camelbak Eddy water bottles from target to use as dosing containers. I hated having the jugs under my tank cause they were a big eye sore. The gel mouthpiece pops off and there is a perfect port to insert airline tubing. It also has an internal riser so it takes the solution from the bottom. I've always wanted the bubble magus dosing containers, but I'm not willing to spend that kind of money. At $12 each though I couldn't pass this up.

Here it is in action!

7817435562_9daeb87186.jpg

photo by BOMBreef, on Flickr

Thanks man! He's doing great I'm really happy that I got it.

Also I just picked up these Camelbak Eddy water bottles from target to use as dosing containers. I hated having the jugs under my tank cause they were a big eye sore. The gel mouthpiece pops off and there is a perfect port to insert airline tubing. It also has an internal riser so it takes the solution from the bottom. I've always wanted the bubble magus dosing containers, but I'm not willing to spend that kind of money. At $12 each though I couldn't pass this up.

Here it is in action!

7817435562_9daeb87186.jpg

photo by BOMBreef, on Flickr

Very good idea!!!! I'm thinking of going that route.

How many ml are you dosing daily?

Archived