Cultivated Reef

BOMBreef's LED Solana

BOMBreef

Hmm... I'm not sure. I've been told several times that there's no such thing as a truly orange Fungia, so every orange plate would actually be a Cycloseris... just wondering if that is true... but maybe in America it's more of a common thing to call all plates "fungias"? Since it isn't capitalized "Fungia"... C. tenuis is just the most common Cycloseris...

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah in the U.S. everything is pretty much classified as a fungia/plate coral. I've never even heard the name Cycloceris until now...I'm going to look more into it that's pretty interesting.

So on the to do list for this weekend:

-mount some more corals

-move over my RBTA

-set up RKL and ATO

-set up Bubble Magus doser

Hey man well thought out build, and the results show.

Thank you!

I still love your stone wall reefscape! Well thought out bro. Keep it coming!

Thanks you d'Espresso' your tank is truly an inspiration. I want to keep everything nice and organized so it looks clean. I'm currently planning out how I'll set up my RKL and an Bubble Magus doser.

I'm moving my RBTA over fingerscrossed hopefully it doesn't walk all over EVERYTHING and kill my birdsnest.......it should have been the first thing I moved over! Ugh oh well you live and you learn.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow I've been lacking on updates! I'm getting the tank on cruise control right now currently just doing 5g WC every Sunday and getting my doser dialed in.

Everything is looking great! One in particular is my miami hurricane chalice which has been brown FOREVER is getting florescent and green! YAY! I'll definitely tank pics when it's mounted and happy.

On a bad note....I've got bryopsis. The frags I bought from a fellow reefer had it and although it's just on the frag plugs on my rack its a PITA. I'm currently raising my Mg to try and kill it.

Other than that, I went to the IE-CFM this weekend. I didn't get nearly as much as I usually do. I walked out with a nice mini colony of ponape birdsnest and Fauna Marin Ultra LPS food.

Pics sometime this week!

OHH and the AI Sol dropped in price to $399 YESSss! It's definitely on my Christmas wish list!

did you ever got your BM doser hook up? i just recently purchase one and just finish hooking it up the wires and tubes. Haven't got the time to set it up yet. :(

Well, hope all goes well with your tank! Can't wait to see progress soon!

did you ever got your BM doser hook up? i just recently purchase one and just finish hooking it up the wires and tubes. Haven't got the time to set it up yet. :(

Well, hope all goes well with your tank! Can't wait to see progress soon!

Yeah I've got it hooked up. Everything is kinda just thrown together for now I really need to organize it all neatly somehow.

ya know....... pics are SOOOOO much louder than words :happydance:

I knowww I know! If the gf didn't hog the camera I'd be taking pics all the time, but she's taking a photography class.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
So, any update on your tank?? ;)

Hey brice, would you want to go on a roadtrip for some corals??? so far, I got me and evanski to go. :D

Dang I haven't been on here in a while! Finally settled into my job....loving every second of it.

The tank has taken a little turn in the wrong direction....when I got all those zoa frags they had some nasty algae on them and it took hold in my tank. It's bryopsis :( , but I'm slowly winning the battle with higher Mg levels. I also have an outbreak of bubble algae....it's bad, but I'm up for a challenge. This is really the first time I've had any problems in the 3 years I've been in the hobby, and so long as it doesn't effect my corals I'm fine with it.

I sold all my birdsnest colonies and I'm starting over again with some small pieces I fragged off.

Also I shouldn't have bought a CUC from reefcleaners although it's a good deal...the ceriths are too small and there are wayy to many. I'm going to change out my CUC with some bigger ceriths and add an emerald crab for the bubble algae.

Other than that everything is growing nicely my chalices have really taken off and I'm finally getting some coralline.

I'll take an updated FTS here soon when the algae issue is fixed.

• 1 month later...
Pics plz :ninja:

I'll get some up soon!

Nice, good luck on those pest algae ;)

Thanks I've taken care of the bryopsis which was easy....the bubble algae is slowing going away. I got rid of my chemipure elite and switched to BRS ROX 0.8 and HC GFO and so far it's great.

I'll steal the camera this week and get some pics up.

I took a little hiatus from the forum, but I'm back now.

Deleted User 4

Nice work, what are you doing as your job right now? I read the earlier posts and you that you love every second of that job of yours lol wonder what it is... :eek:

Nice work, what are you doing as your job right now? I read the earlier posts and you that you love every second of that job of yours lol wonder what it is... :eek:

Ohhh yeah...I'm a Paramedic in Riverside. Hopefully soon I'll be a firefighter paramedic.

Deleted User 4

mmmm I see, wait did you go to UC Riverside?, I happen to have friends that go to that school, wait what ethnic are you again? :D

• 4 weeks later...
mmmm I see, wait did you go to UC Riverside?, I happen to have friends that go to that school, wait what ethnic are you again? :D

Nope I went to Cal State Fullerton though....I'm just a white boy haha.

SOOOO big update I've been MIA forever!

Tank has been progressing beautifully. I have finally beat BOTH bryopsis and bubble algae successfully! Still have a tiny bit of bubble algae, but my emerald crab is doing work!

I have a pleasant surprise in store for later this week...something I've wanted since the birth of this tank. Can you take a guess?

Anyways I'll let pictures do the talking.

Bubble Gum Monster

_MG_2304.jpg

Emerald Mummy Eye

_MG_2310.jpg

Sunny D's

_MG_2328.jpg

ORA green birdnest

_MG_2330.jpg

RBTA

_MG_2333.jpg

ENJOY.

Archived