Innovative Marine Aquariums

BOMBreef's LED Solana

BOMBreef

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm glad that you noticed mini colonies are the best fit when it comes to 34gal tanks!

Haha but one day they'll be nice big colonies again hopefully....

Today I'm going to the most epic LFS in the US.......Reefraft! Grand opening was last night....although I don't plan on buying anything I'm meeting a local reefer to trade for some Bazooka Joe chalice!

It's in Garden Grove...it was ridiculous!

I can't even explain the amazing coral there....probably over 100 sps colonies ranging from $90-$150. A huge wrap around 900g DT. Frag tanks full of Fudgin crazy chalices most around $400-$600 an eye! WTF! All the plumbing is underground too!

Check this article out on RB.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/02/16/reef-raft-usa/

You put up a pic on the side of your tank yet? Took about 2 weeks for my clowns to start bobbing in and out of the nem. Right now just the orange one goes in, I'm still shocked it worked. Oh and tank looks sweet man

Thanks! It's a work in progress.

I put up a pic yesterday and I just took it down because it was of orange clowns not B&W like mine. I'm still searching for a good pic with B&W clowns. Funniest thing though....I saw my female clown come closer to the nem than I've ever seen. She looked as if she wanted to dip in so bad!

Yeah it's not close to me either, but I had to check it out. I probably won't go back anytime soon there is seriously NOTHING there in my price range. I'll stick to trading/ buying cheaper corals.

Pics of my new bazooka joe chalice coming tomorrow!

mmm I see, so the price range there isn't too great of a bargain ehh :angry:

Not at all...definitely not geared for your average hobbyist.

Just did a 5g wc and a little bit of rearranging.

Here's my big plan. I'm taking my chalices off the rocks and gluing them to big frag disks to grow out. I realized I don't really have any centerpiece corals. So I'm looking for a nice frogspawn/hammer and bubble coral or something similar. It's probable going to take me a while, but I'm in no rush.

Question though....will a bubble coral sting a frogspawn/hammer coral?

I've been keeping a log of my parameters for the past two months while tweaking around with my Bubble Magus doser and dialing it in. Here are my findings:

6793505262_48fc8cdffb.jpg

Cagraph by BOMBreef, on Flickr

6793505250_e04280c21c.jpg

Alkgraph by BOMBreef, on Flickr

The fluctuations in my parameters are mostly due to water changes I'm sure. Currently right now I have my Ca set at 15mL's a day to bring it back up to 440 and my Alk set at 7mL's a day to bring it back down to around 10ish.

Everything looks great though and I'm seeing some awesome growth and coloration.

Received my order from BRS. Picked up a pressure gauge for my RO/DI, filters and DI resin, a new 150w heater, and some frag plugs.

I also tested my RO/DI unit. I'm pushing 95-96psi to the membrane.

TDS:

Tap 213

RO 6

DI 0

97% rejection....not bad!

Haa I don't even know where to begin with animated....

I need to get better at using quick selection and just overall maneuvering through PS first. I have a problem when layering the photos I use get blown up wayy to big and I have to resize them which is a PITA.

• 1 month later...
Deleted User 4

o wow, I have always been subscribed to your tank thread but didn't get any email notices on your recent posts...been lagging on this thread, but damnn those are some nice acans you got there. Good to know you have updates ^^

any updates? how are the chalices growing?

I'm definitely seeing an increase in growth since switching to the AI SOL. I'm currently in the process of a coral rescape....I took most of my chalices off the rocks and put them on growout disks. I'm planning on adding a nice bubble coral or hammer coral once I find the perfect specimen.

o wow, I have always been subscribed to your tank thread but didn't get any email notices on your recent posts...been lagging on this thread, but damnn those are some nice acans you got there. Good to know you have updates ^^

Thanks man! The tank has just been chillin' I'm letting everything grow out.....I'm planning on getting a new fish come summer I just don't know what kind.

Archived