Coral Vue Hydros

BOMBreef's LED Solana

BOMBreef

Reefcrystals came just earlier today and I'm mixing up some as we speak!

I moved over my mp40w ES and almost created a tsunami in my tank!....the most I can turn it up is like mayybe 40-50%

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Damn dude, u prolly could've done with just the mp10, or at least an mp20 lol....

Yeahh I know if I didn't already have the 40 I would have bought an mp10. I still might trade or sell it...

Soo I woke up this morning and 5 nerite snails had escaped. wtf is up with that?

I've heard lots of people have problems with nerites jumping ship. I have some freshwater ones that have never tried to escape, but I've heard the same thing from other people about the freshies

Well I guess they're going to go....I liked them too :( oh well guess I'll pick up a turbo or two.

Just finished a 10g water change and I'm going to test all my levels and start moving coral/fish over this evening!

Full set of tests:

SG: 1.025

Ammonia: 0ppm

Nitrite: 0ppm

Nitrate: 10ppm

Calcium: 380

Kh: 9.6

Mg 1350

PO4: 0 ppm

Currently acclimating corals atm.

No worries! Ca is up to 440 and I'll probably keep my nitrates around 5ppm. Although I don't know wtf 5ppm is with my test kit because it's so hard to read! Hanna needs to come out with a nitrate checker....

Pictures tomorrow! I'm going down to San Diego today.....

Alright well I've got about 90% of my coral moved over. Here's a summary of what I put in over the last 3 days....

-SPS

Birds of Paradise colony

neon green birdnest colony

Pink birdnest colony

-Zoas

Candy apple reds

Rasta zoas

Red hornets

Pink zippers

Mindblowing palys

Magician palys

Sunny D's

King midas

blue/green zoas

nightmare morphs

AOG? kinda lookin' palys

-LPS

Bleeding apple scoly

rainbow open brain

Neon orage fungia

long tentical fungia

Tyree toadstool

5 different acan frags

Miami hurricane chalice

Pink boobies chalice

Mummy eye chalice

Bubble gum monster chalice

I'll hopefully move the rest over tomorrow as well as my fish if I can catch them. Nothing is mounted to the rocks yet and most is on the sand bed. As soon as I get the DSLR back from my girl I'll have some pics up!

Well until my girl brings over our DSLR this will have to do....

This is about 99% of it. I still need to clean up my frag rack and move a couple more pieces over....including my RBTA. I'll start slowly mounting corals to the rocks this weekend. Enjoy.

2011-08-18135857.jpg

Nice!!! Maybe some closeup pics of the corals??? :lol:

As soon as I can get my hands on my DSLR....most of my coral have lost some color due to neglecting my old tank while setting up this tank haha

Some awesome news though....a local hobbyist opened up a new LFS about 10 minutes away and it is AWESOME! No more going 30+ minutes down to OC. I'm picking up some b-ionic from him tomorrow afternoon and I'll be setting up my BM doser hopefully.

Finally I've got a decent FTS....Over the past week I've moved over about 99% of the coral from my previous tank. There is still a lot of work to do and nothing is mounted yet since I haven't decided a final spot for anything.

Without further delay here it is....ENJOY.

August FTS

_MG_8235-1_edited-1.jpg

My prized mated pair of B&W clownfish

_MG_8234_edited-1.jpg

Rasta zoas

_MG_8229_edited-1.jpg

_MG_8224_edited-1.jpg

Deleted User 4

Nice collection, so where did you transfer these corals from?? like what tank and the size? Also, do you still have those blastos that you were going to sell me? :happy:

Nice collection, so where did you transfer these corals from?? like what tank and the size? Also, do you still have those blastos that you were going to sell me? :happy:

I transferred it all from my old 75g that I've been breaking down slowly over the past 2 months. I still have the blastos you can see them on the sand bed in front of all the acans.

Great tank!

Thanks man! It's coming along.....

I need some opinions.....I want to make a nice zoa and chalice garden, but I'm not sure where to put it. I'm thinking zoas on the right side rock going down to the sand bed, and chalices on the left rock. What do you think?

So on the bottomish part of your tank from left to right would be chalice, acan, and zoa? That sounds pretty good. For some reason the idea of like a checkerboard placement sounds neat too. Really, with the corals you have and the quality of your tank no matter what you do is going to look great.

Niiiice...

I thought orange plates were actually Cycloseris (tenuis)? :huh: In any case, they're awesome, and so easy to keep as well. :wub:

Loving those rastas!!!! By far my favorite zoas.

I know truly one of my favs too!

So on the bottomish part of your tank from left to right would be chalice, acan, and zoa? That sounds pretty good. For some reason the idea of like a checkerboard placement sounds neat too. Really, with the corals you have and the quality of your tank no matter what you do is going to look great.

Yeah that's the plan. I don't think a checker placement would work too well cause my chalices will destroy my acans and zoas. I wish though that would be cool. I'm want to get a good contrast between zoas so no one seems to blend in with the other.

Niiiice...

I thought orange plates were actually Cycloseris (tenuis)? :huh: In any case, they're awesome, and so easy to keep as well. :wub:

Yeah plates are some of my favorite. If I find some more space I'd like to squeeze a green one in there. What's the difference between tenius and the others?

Ah, I don't know SPS/LPS well enough to know which ones sting or not yet. Your plan of the left/center/right placements sounds perfect.

Archived