Pod Your Reef

Mangrove Island

Giga

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure if anyone follows this thread but I still update it anyway

My red Mangrove have stopped growing feeder roots and have started to grow the crawling red roots.Black and white effect but the red roots

redroot.jpg

Another shot of roots if you look closely you can see a red root growing

redroot2.jpg

In full diatom bloom and some sort of nasty green stuff

diatom.jpg

My Mangrove fern is finally taking off after completly dieing off and growing all new shoots

mangrovefern.jpg

Just a last shot of the Mangrove jungle

mangrovegrowthx.jpg

Pretty cool. B)

Thank you!

Very cool tank. I had no idea mangrove roots looked so much like pine trees.

I grew them in mud for a few months,that's why they grew all those crazy feeder roots

. what livestock you will put there some archers will be cool

I'm pretty sure those are brakish fish and my tank is full salt, those would be cool though.still up in the air about livestock

Very nice design! I've always had a dream of having a [raised] bonsai island, but I never thought about mangroves.

If you go brackish, you might consider mudskippers. It would be cool to see them climbing the mangroves.

Very nice design! I've always had a dream of having a [raised] bonsai island, but I never thought about mangroves.

If you go brackish, you might consider mudskippers. It would be cool to see them climbing the mangroves.

I've thought about it but after looking at some cooled sticks I want those too. The way its set up now downturn leave any room for corals so I'm gonna change it up a bit-that is when I get enough drive to do it becuase its gonna be a lot of work. Gonna emigrant the 6" pvc pipe and make it all rock and no foam epoxy blend.

Just a little post,my red mangroves are starting to lignify (become woody). Tail end of my cycle so I should be adding a clean-up crew in the beginning of Dec. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

redmangrove.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

So the mantis ate two snails the day I got him now he's acting very lethargic and I'm kinda worried. I unplugged my lights and am hoping for the best

Archived