Giga

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My favorite coral though it's mainly brown

20120325234423.jpg

Looking Good!

Very nice tank (and stand :o )

thank you and I love my stand too I'll try and get a good FTS witht he stand included in the next day or too- just a heads up I have all the stuff for my Led build just havn't had time to work on it LOL-reason being is that I started working on a Vivarium :haha:

20120402224649.jpg

I know kinda late but what website sold the 5 year old mangroves, also thanks for your service, what did you do in the military?

This tank looks great! I love mangroves. I have two in a modded AC20 hanging on the back of my tank at the moment. In my next build I definitely want to incorporate some into the display.

• 2 weeks later...

Been working full steam to get this guy done

20120412203241.jpg

Shot at 2012-04-13

All the colors

20120412203319.jpg

Shot at 2012-04-13

I'll try and get a vid up this weekend

mygolfisslow

Can't wait to see your led setup. I just ditched my DIY setup ( got talked into a radion) my mangroves are starting to take off.

Are you going to hang the LEDs over one side like you did your last light. I love the big shaded area.

Can't wait to see your led setup. I just ditched my DIY setup ( got talked into a radion) my mangroves are starting to take off.

Are you going to hang the LEDs over one side like you did your last light. I love the big shaded area.

yep that's the plan!

Update time

My snails had a party and laid a million eggs all over the tank, here's one of the clusters.

20120413174357.jpg

Got this done

20120415221000.jpg

Deep red and 420

20120415201913.jpg

With the bridgelux driven at 50w's

20120415202026.jpg

All on one side overloads the camera

20120415220020.jpg

Here's the drivers-see if you can guess who made these

20120415221154.jpg

The other DIY driver for the big leds

20120415221232.jpg

Those guys can take a much higher input voltage then what the leds require and step it down without much inefficiencies correct? Are those double sided?

I like the CAT4101's but they have to be a half volt within the led array or they overheat, getting the right array size is a pita.

jedimasterben
where did you find the 420 nm led?? could you please post a link

by the way awesome build, keep it up!!

ledgroupbuy.com

BUT - be aware that there are no LEDs being made currently that produce a peak of 420nm, and all being sold are 380nm to ~430nm, with the peak around 405nm. Use them in rather small quantities, they are for a bit of growth and to bring out some coloration.

Those guys can take a much higher input voltage then what the leds require and step it down without much inefficiencies correct? Are those double sided?

I like the CAT4101's but they have to be a half volt within the led array or they overheat, getting the right array size is a pita.

Yes both are double and it took a lot or research n such to get it right

where did you find the 420 nm led?? could you please post a link

by the way awesome build, keep it up!!

ledgroupbuy.com

BUT - be aware that there are no LEDs being made currently that produce a peak of 420nm, and all being sold are 380nm to ~430nm, with the peak around 405nm. Use them in rather small quantities, they are for a bit of growth and to bring out some coloration.

you are right and Thats why I used them-they are only pushing 500ma and you don't even notice them unless you have them on by themself

little update

So I this stuff poped up like like in a couple days no idea what it is or how to get rid of it

20120417180250.jpg

My cryptic fiddler made a apperance last night- he useally has a mud door on his hole so I never see him

20120417181949.jpg

Couple coral shots my rose millie is growing like wildfire-all the encrusting is new growth

20120417182055.jpg

Frogskin acro is also encrusting well(dark pic sorry) and my thick stag like sps

20120417182123.jpg

Also was able to get a shot of my two porcelain crabs-This guy is huge he could take a fish if he wanted too

20120417182418.jpg

small guy-size of a nickel

20120417230538.jpg

Favorite hangout

20120417182507.jpg

Stuffed to the max

20120417201324.jpg

20120417200837.jpg

Tested out the colors-blue,violet, royal blue with deep red

20120417202943.jpg

a little update as I'm pretty much done with the LED light-I think I might add two t5's or more led's as the two bridgelux are still overpowered and I need more then 8rb's on each side to compensate for them. Also I was gonna hang the light from the ceiling and come to find out there are no studs where my tank is :mellow: So i'm gonna have to hang it for now on the light hanger I have up till I move this summer. I'm buying a new house in the next 6 months so that should be fun to move the tank-as I've never moved a tank before. Anyway sorry for the crappy pictures but tomorrow I will be getting a somewhat decent camera to take some more pics with.

jedimasterben
a little update as I'm pretty much done with the LED light-I think I might add two t5's or more led's as the two bridgelux are still overpowered and I need more then 8rb's on each side to compensate for them. Also I was gonna hang the light from the ceiling and come to find out there are no studs where my tank is :mellow: So i'm gonna have to hang it for now on the light hanger I have up till I move this summer. I'm buying a new house in the next 6 months so that should be fun to move the tank-as I've never moved a tank before. Anyway sorry for the crappy pictures but tomorrow I will be getting a somewhat decent camera to take some more pics with.

The big BL LED is running at 50w?? If so, you'll need quite a bit more than 8x XT-Es to match it.

Finally got a picture of my Fiddler out and about-had to sneak up on him to get his shot,and when I did he kinda freak out and played dead- can also see two of the pneumatophores-i'm hopeing in time that a bunch of them pop up and finish the pvc pot to look like a chunk of rock

imag0123e.jpg

Archived