SaltCritters.com

Mangrove Island

Giga

Really like this idea and how well you're working to achieve it, been following for a while now, thought I'd pop in and tell you great job!

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It just keeps getting better!

I have to agree :lol:

Really like this idea and how well you're working to achieve it, been following for a while now, thought I'd pop in and tell you great job!

Thanks

Where did you get the fern?

I found it by accident, A guy had a couple left-didn't know what it was so I looked it up,once I found out what it was I had to order it!

I WANT TO SWITCH TANKS WITH YOU!

You'll have to fight me for it

They look awesome smile.gif

thank you

Looks awesome those mangroc\ves are growing faster then the crabgrass in my yard :)

I'm pretty happy with the growth, the reds growth might slow down once in the tank as they won't be in fertile rich mud.

Finished the planter today for the mangrove ferns

Started with a 4" pvc cap and cut a part off the end

dsc02357r.jpg

Sanded to fit on the side then glued and epoxied

dsc02359n.jpg

Allowed to cure and filled with soil and ferns

dsc02363y.jpg

Starting to look pretty cool no? You can see the reds in the back

dsc02364l.jpg

nice

i like how different your tank is from anyone else's on here :)

I tend to think outside the box on most things-but if you ask my wife I think way outside the box :lol:

Rabidgerbil38

I just skimmed trhough this thread and I gotta say this is an awesome concept. I cant belive how fast those mangroves are growing! My little red shoot has barely grown at all since Ive gotten it about a month ago, but then again puting it under some light might help rather than just setting it in the window :P

Stick with halides! Do you want your mangroves to look electric green and jank, or a nice, natural green like you would get in regular sunlight? Halides FTW!

Stick with halides! Do you want your mangroves to look electric green and jank, or a nice, natural green like you would get in regular sunlight? Halides FTW!

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Wow its been a while since I updated, mainly because my comp decided to blow up and so I can't up laid pics to it :huh: So I'm posting from my phone. Any who I just order a new bulb(reeflux 10k) that should boost growth as the bulb I'm useing now is over a year old. I also just put a order in from BRS.com for maco-rock also got a few more things so I plan to have water in it next month, finally!

Wow looks really cool. I like the design so far.

Thank you

It is like a freshwater Riparium!

I know kinda ended up like a hybrid tank

The next update will be huge and most epic :P

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be getting a lot done this weekend and will post a lot of pictures everything. Just want to let anyone who follows this thread that its almost water time!

I said I was going to post a bunch of pics but went out on the town with my wife and didn't get as much done as I wanted but ill get the pics up tomarrow

p20111002224632.jpg

p20111002230443.jpg

Archived