Innovative Marine Aquariums

The Arid Sea

nevermore1701

He must! Jeez all the LFS here have regular clowns at the least and most of them have some fancy ones as well.

WOW LFS is more then slacking.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nevermore1701

They have three immature B&Ws, a little tiny one that's really light yellow, a snowflake (I think), a maroon, and a couple of full grown regs that aren't for sale. Still no royal gramma either.

nevermore1701

they have several beautiful display tanks (29-200 something gallon) that they won't sell anything out of.

they have several beautiful display tanks (29-200 something gallon) that they won't sell anything out of.

OH!

I have a LFS that if the fish are around long enough to go into the frag tanks their there for life. And they don't sell anything out of the main DT.

Oh well too bad.

NO! They have 5-6 frag tanks, back when I wanted a Sixline the only ones I saw were in the frag tanks and I asked he told me no they were there for life now. Bleh and they have 1 LARGE display tank. They do have 14-18 sale tanks usually full of fish and inverts etc.

• 2 weeks later...
nevermore1701

Everything's great, just nothing new to report. Some very minor 'scape rearranging for optimal stability and lighting for the various zoa colonies, but that's about it. Everything's still very happy, zoas have great polyp extension and are popping up new polyps all the time! I gave the urchin a couple of small (3-5 polyp) zoa colonies to wear around. He's happy, they're happy (fully extended even when he's moving around), and I think it's pretty funny :lol:

Everything's great, just nothing new to report. Some very minor 'scape rearranging for optimal stability and lighting for the various zoa colonies, but that's about it. Everything's still very happy, zoas have great polyp extension and are popping up new polyps all the time! I gave the urchin a couple of small (3-5 polyp) zoa colonies to wear around. He's happy, they're happy (fully extended even when he's moving around), and I think it's pretty funny :lol:

That's awesome! Like Felicia's Decorator with the zoas on his legs! LMAO Must post pics of that.

Nah...no conflicts. They won't even pay attention to each other! Get two cleaner shrimp. When they spawn (which is all the time for me) you have free food for the tank!!!! Their bellies get so full of eggs it makes me cringe (thinking back to when I was pregnant :lol:).

This is my plan tomorrow. I'm getting two of them. I hope the spawn like crazy!!

I gave the urchin a couple of small (3-5 polyp) zoa colonies to wear around. He's happy, they're happy (fully extended even when he's moving around), and I think it's pretty funny :lol:

You're such a good Dad :) Glad to hear everything is still going well!!!!!!

This is my plan tomorrow. I'm getting two of them. I hope the spawn like crazy!!

Seems to be a weekly occurrence in my tank :lol:

nevermore1701

Still not much to report, but my 'shrooms are getting huge! Several are in the 3" range, very cool. Also, they're starting to migrate off their rock to different parts of the tank.

Did you change the flow in your tank recently? Seems like I remember you removed a powerhead? Might have been someone else. Anyways, that's awesome that your mushrooms are expanding more. I've noticed everything in my tank is doing so much better since I lowered the flow, by removing the powerhead!!!!!!

New FTS? I'd love to see the mushrooms.

nevermore1701

Yes, took out the Koralia 240 Nano. Gonna be hard to get a pic of the mushrooms where they're at, but I'll give it a shot (ha!) this weekend.

Hi! Do you have any problems with the moving shrooms (sounds like the name of a emo punk band :P) bothering other coral? I had to move my zoas and the hidden cup which is just up from a pink shroom that open to about 3" every day hasn't come out in over a week (even though it seems to have gotten bigger).

Ha! Replying to my own reply -- I did get two peppermints last week. I've read that these may be of the type who are hermaphroditic, so both parties can tango in both directions! There isn't great luck in larvae making it to adulthood, but I'd love it if they spawned and just added some plankton to the tank!

Yes, took out the Koralia 240 Nano. Gonna be hard to get a pic of the mushrooms where they're at, but I'll give it a shot (ha!) this weekend.

I thought so. It's certainly made a world of difference in my tank. I was so worried that removing it would cause my birdsnest distress. Not at all....least not yet.

I'll look forward to those pictures :happy:

nevermore1701
Hi! Do you have any problems with the moving shrooms (sounds like the name of a emo punk band :P) bothering other coral? I had to move my zoas and the hidden cup which is just up from a pink shroom that open to about 3" every day hasn't come out in over a week (even though it seems to have gotten bigger).

Ha! Replying to my own reply -- I did get two peppermints last week. I've read that these may be of the type who are hermaphroditic, so both parties can tango in both directions! There isn't great luck in larvae making it to adulthood, but I'd love it if they spawned and just added some plankton to the tank!

No problems with the 'shrooms bothering the zoas so far.

nevermore1701

Finally took the pics, and they're my usual mediocre quality.

IMG_4957.JPG

IMG_4958.JPG

IMG_4959.JPG

IMG_4962.JPG

IMG_4966.JPG

IMG_4967.JPG

IMG_4970.JPG

IMG_4971.JPG

IMG_4972.JPG

IMG_4975.JPG

IMG_4977.JPG

IMG_4979.JPG

IMG_4982.JPG

IMG_4983.JPG

IMG_4985.JPG

Mediocre??????? I think NOT!!!!! Those photos are AWESOME!!!!!!

Are those AOGs front and center???? I need some of those :)

Everything looks fantastic!!!!!!!!!

Looks like you have an empty rock to fill up ;) What are you planning for it?

nevermore1701
Mediocre??????? I think NOT!!!!! Those photos are AWESOME!!!!!!

Are those AOGs front and center???? I need some of those :)

Everything looks fantastic!!!!!!!!!

Looks like you have an empty rock to fill up ;) What are you planning for it?

Devil if I know what all the zoas are, they came in a cheapo variety pack from Mr. Coral.

I do indeed have a nice big flat rock to populate, that's why I got it, was running out of usable space :P

I'm thinking frogspawn, GSP, or maybe a BTA after I upgrade my lights. Not sure yet.

Archived