inTank Media Baskets

The Arid Sea

nevermore1701

Haven't seen the Gramma yesterday or today. Am concerned :scarry:

Can't claim actual experience with Grammas, but if you have caves, from what I've read in other threads, grammas really like to hide. Seems to be some personality variation with this as grammas hide for some but hang out in other tanks.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply
surgicalsense

Hellooo geesh sorry, I haven't been a good neighbor. Nice addition, pretty gamma. The YWG looks mad in the pictures, like the gamma is getting close to its den.

nevermore1701
Can't claim actual experience with Grammas, but if you have caves, from what I've read in other threads, grammas really like to hide. Seems to be some personality variation with this as grammas hide for some but hang out in other tanks.

I do have a LOT of nooks and crannies, as I have 10-12 indificual rocks stacked on top of each other, so I'm hoping that he's just hanging out in a little cave somewhere.

:o

Any sign? The royal gramma was the first fish I ever lost in my reefing career. I felt terrible. He disappeared the second night. Never found a trace of him. I wonder if they can get themselves stuck in crevices????? Hopefully yours will or did show up!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
nevermore1701

Zapped a couple of aiptasia that popped up, no idea where they came from, haven't had any in quite a while and haven't added anything to the tank. Oh well, hypodermic needle filled with lemon juice works pretty well.

Zapped a couple of aiptasia that popped up, no idea where they came from, haven't had any in quite a while and haven't added anything to the tank. Oh well, hypodermic needle filled with lemon juice works pretty well.

I've never had any luck zapping them with the store bought aptasia killers. I may have to try the lemon juice next time. So far I haven't found any aptasia on my new rock (knocks on wood!).

It's been 2 months since the last photos. Any changes growth-wise?????

nevermore1701

A bunch of mushrooms have moved off their crowded rocks and are spreading all over the tank, which is cool. Some of the zoas have put out a few more polyps, and the rics are just huge! They all have multiple mouths now, but just seem to be growing instead of splitting. The stars are also growing, they're about twice the size they were when I first got 'em. The urchin is also growing, he's about golf ball size and knocks the damn surface skimmer off the back wall multiple times a day :rolleyes:

A bunch of mushrooms have moved off their crowded rocks and are spreading all over the tank, which is cool. Some of the zoas have put out a few more polyps, and the rics are just huge! They all have multiple mouths now, but just seem to be growing instead of splitting. The stars are also growing, they're about twice the size they were when I first got 'em. The urchin is also growing, he's about golf ball size and knocks the damn surface skimmer off the back wall multiple times a day :rolleyes:

All of that change and no pictures????? I would love to see it..sounds awesome :)

• 2 weeks later...
Have a T4i body inbound to go with the new lenses, hopefully that'll bump up my picture quality even more!

You are on a roll!!!!!! Very cool :)

nevermore1701

Now if I could just manage to spend any money on the tank itself, I'd be good! I'm starting to budget in equipment to convert my 56g cichlid tank over to saltwater, that is going to be a long and expensive process!

Now if I could just manage to spend any money on the tank itself, I'd be good! I'm starting to budget in equipment to convert my 56g cichlid tank over to saltwater, that is going to be a long and expensive process!

omgomgomg

Sounds exciting!!!!!!

I want a macro lens :(

Archived