IMG_3570.JPG

Star party (can't really see the last one, but that's all four of them):

IMG_3572.JPG

Another happy cluster:

IMG_3585.JPG

More happy rics:

IMG_3586.JPG

When you do let me know what they say!

I will. Gonna try to remember to do it tomorrow.

New pics look awesome! I see the purpling (is that a word? :lol:) spines on the urchin...cool!!!!!

nevermore1701

Couple of things that I forgot I did at the same time I took out the Koralia, I upped my SG from 1.023 to 1.025 and the temperature from 78.5*F to 80.5*F. Not sure if that contributed to the tank's increased happiness or not. Sure didn't hurt.

Looks great! I've never seen my zoas extend like that! They unfurl, look all flower-like, but only my mushrooms extend stalks. Very cool.

Purpling? Yeah, very good word. Widely applicable ;).

nevermore1701

Had a little bit of algae growing out of my central zoa rock (think it's caulerpa), so I pulled the rock out and gave it a peroxide bath, we'll see if that takes care of it.

I finally called Marine Depot about that loc-line. They had me call jbj because they didn't know what the size of the opening was. A woman picked up the line at JBJ. No offense to my own gender...but she seemed pretty clueless. I was hoping she'd transfer the call to a man. The only thing I got from her was that the circumference of the opening is 2 3/4". So...what do you think?

Marine Depot pointed out that the only way to use the loc-line would be if it will snap onto the existing opening. I really want to do this, but not sure how to go about it.

nevermore1701
I finally called Marine Depot about that loc-line. They had me call jbj because they didn't know what the size of the opening was. A woman picked up the line at JBJ. No offense to my own gender...but she seemed pretty clueless. I was hoping she'd transfer the call to a man. The only thing I got from her was that the circumference of the opening is 2 3/4". So...what do you think?

Marine Depot pointed out that the only way to use the loc-line would be if it will snap onto the existing opening. I really want to do this, but not sure how to go about it.

I hate to say this, but neither of them had a clue what they were talking about. I'll elaborate when I get back home.

surgicalsense
Fixed that for you. AND spelled it correctly to redeem myself.

Sweet..

:P silly ... you so didn't have to do that. I am always spell checking my self. Because the spelling police lurk around the corner here at NR and I can not afford another ticket B)

Show me Friday.

nevermore1701

Ok, loc lines, by design, only snap on to other loc line components. To secure it through the bulkhead, you'd put:

Loc-Line-1-2-inch-Ball-Socket-x-MPT-Connector-99.jpg

on the tank side of the bulkhead, screwed into:

Insert-Elbow-Fitting-1-2-inch-FPT-x-1-2-inch-Insert-99.jpg

on the pump side. The bottom of the elbow is a barb fitting, the hose just slips on it. So far the only thing I haven't figured out is how to get the straight fitting out of the bulkhead, I really don't think it's molded on, but I haven't been about to get it off without messing it up (which I don't want to do quite yet). But get that straight fitting off and everything else is just plug-n-play.

Archived