Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Vic's 180 Gallon Vivarium (previously a paludarium)

Withers

Any updates? I had to post in this thread. Whenever i go into the reptile store i always found myself staring into the poison frog tank they have. This is just awesome.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just took some shots last night! Actually I've got a few to dump of the frogs too.

I did some spring cleaning since some of my bromeliads had died and some of the terrestrial plants had gotten out of control (my begonia). I'm going to start filling it in more soon. I'm also testing out a new lighting setup that looks freaking awesome in person. I couldn't be happier with the effect. It looks just like I imagined it would, like having light stream through the canopy of a rainforest.

8552395471_37c0dddb1d_c.jpg
Closeup of some of my ferns (many more of these will be in there shortly)
8552438855_dca19ba00e_c.jpg
The one random test orchid I have

Frog photo dump incoming

The female is extremely bold so I've been taking lots of pictures of her for my 365 day project

8516629669_1fd15a53e3_c.jpg
8499440934_f14db1c0b7_c.jpg
8468727047_82bcbcb90e_c.jpg
8448542881_209a5cbc0d_c.jpg
The only shot I've gotten of the male this year, he's very shy and skittish

Thanks! It's definitely looking pretty good. I'm quite happy with it and the wife is finally on board with it ever since the change in lighting. Now it doesn't blind her when we watch movies in the room next to it.

Wider angle

Gtreat viv! I have a full blown viv like yours, but have been in crazy debate with myself as if I should keep it as I have a new daughter on the way.

Beautiful! I've been wanting to start a vivarium for a while, always kind of turned off by the fact that different color morphs 'can't' mix. Also, I only have a tiny 10 gallon sitting around my house!

I personally like keeping them separate, they're interesting enough that they don't really need to be mixed.

I still want to make this a multi-species display though. I'm considering putting a group of Ameerega in with them since they're from the same area and are vastly different kinds of frogs (and they can't inter-breed).

• 2 weeks later...

This is really awesome Jason. Makes me want to do something like this on a smaller scale. Just curious do you uave any links or resources about the type of equipment you use?

capitolcityreefer

Can we see some pictures of your sump/filtration equipment? And maybe an explanation of the different equipment that goes in to creating something like this?

Archived