ReefCleaners.org

Vic's 180 Gallon Vivarium (previously a paludarium)

Withers

I've been trying to come up with a cooler way to set them up and these are perfect. I can program them to mimic sunrise and sunsets :D The big thing I need to determine now is the PAR value of the bulbs. They have to be pretty bright to work here.

I lucked out here as I just built a new led fixture and hooked it up to my storm x and I get a natural sunrise sunset-its awesome

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That would be my ideal setup (have the storm controller on my reef tank) but the wiring would impossible I think since I'm using track lighting with GU10 style LED bulbs :(

BRADYBUNCH7

Where do you buy your frogs? online? Where do you buy your plants? What did you use for sump and substrate? Do you have to replace your substrates annualy? Isn't that a mess?

So many questions I'm sorry haha

That would be my ideal setup (have the storm controller on my reef tank) but the wiring would impossible I think since I'm using track lighting with GU10 style LED bulbs :(

what do you feed them? Lol I'm so sorry

The frogs I get from other hobbyists. They can be overnighted safely so shipping isn't much of an issue. A good place to start is the classifieds at www.dendroboard.com

The plants I get from a variety of sources. Some are from Lowes/Home Depot. Some are from places like www.blackjungleterrariumsupply.com. I get stuff from all kinds of places really.

The substrate is called "ABG Mix." It's an orchid substrate that the Atlanta Botanical Gardens developed. You can get it here: http://www.joshsfrogs.com/substrates-for-reptiles-and-amphibians/naturalistic-vivarium-substrates/abg-atlanta-botanical-gardens-mix.html

I'm sure the substrate decomposes at some rate but I haven't had to add any in the 3 years I've had the tank up and running.

They eat fruit flies, which are simple and super cheap to culture :)

• 3 months later...

I've got too many other hobbies and this one has been pretty much ignored. Luckily it runs basically on auto pilot so it still looks great, but if I'm not enjoying it I feel like I should sell it so someone else can :)

If you're really interested I'm sure we could work something out :) I've got a separate, smaller viv about ready I can move them into until someone wants them.

• 5 weeks later...

Frogs are gone and tank is in storage until I get the bug again :) I was kind of sad to see them go, but I'd lost the will to keep it going after my breeding male died from stress / aggression from another male. I thought for sure this tank would be big enough for multiple pairs to co-exist, but apparently I was wrong.

Archived