Cultivated Reef

29 gallons of awesome

altolamprologus

altolamprologus

Vid is coming up. Only got 2 rises on camera but you get the idea. I didn't bother collecting eggs since I have no means to raise them at the moment. My clown is quite content to eat them all :)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Vid is coming up. Only got 2 rises on camera but you get the idea. I didn't bother collecting eggs since I have no means to raise them at the moment. My clown is quite content to eat them all :)

Aww! I need a baby mandarin for my 29g. :(

altolamprologus

Phototbucket has been stuck at 11% uploaded for awhile so the vid may have to wait until tomorrow. Meanwhile the mandarins are REALLY going at it now :lol:

altolamprologus
Try youtube instead?

Or make up an excuse so I can come over and see the eggs! :P What color are they?

I think they're white, but the only light is from the TV so who knows. Here's the vid. Ignore the sound...(dang commercials ruining my video!) I warn you, it's a really, really bad video.

th_MVI_2610.jpg

Haha, I like the voices in the background. They're like "I have diarrhea and I'm constipated!" :lol:

The yellow sponge of mine seems to be growing pretty fast, and I found two other patches of pink spoge. I'm gonna read up on sponge farming and propagation and then I might be able to give you a frag or exchange. :)

altolamprologus
Haha, I like the voices in the background. They're like "I have diarrhea and I'm constipated!" :lol:

The yellow sponge of mine seems to be growing pretty fast, and I found two other patches of pink spoge. I'm gonna read up on sponge farming and propagation and then I might be able to give you a frag or exchange. :)

Lol I know While I was filming I was like really? You just had to show that commercial now didn't you?? I took 3 other vids after that but they were even crappier if you can believe that.

Spot feed them phyto and they will grow like crazy. And I'm not raising the mandarins yet. I read about a method of raising them that I'm going to try but I won't be ready to try it for a few months probably, but when I do, I'll trade you one for some sponges :). I want to raise the cardinal babies first.

Hey Alto sorry these are so late, I left them at my other house for a week

DSC00093.jpg

Mutant Zoas!

DSC00123.jpg

Color kinda got messed up here sorry

DSC00128.jpg

Female Mandarin

DSC00157.jpg

Clown (and micro bubbles!)

DSC00168.jpg

Waving

DSC00182.jpg

Male Mandarin is skinny, but gaining weight

DSC00183.jpg

This is what happens when everyone decides to photobomb at once.

DSC00184.jpg

DSC00192.jpg

Alto, I'm hoping maybe soon we could get some pics of the cardinals? I'm stilling trying to get the hang of this camera but we need some pics!! :P

Yosh, you should come over some time and get better pics of them

Alto, I'm hoping maybe soon we could get some pics of the cardinals? I'm stilling trying to get the hang of this camera but we need some pics!! :P

I'm free all this week for break :D

altolamprologus
Wow man, you did all this with stock lights? I am impressed, very, very impressed..And I want a mandarin now.

So a few well-needed updates:

I switched from Hikari mysis to PE mysis and the male mandarin goes nuts for it. He swallows them whole!!! That should help get him nice and fat really quick.

I caught the mandarins spawning Friday night and a couple good vids of them. I'll try to put them up tonight.

The search is on for a mate for my clown. I'm looking for a really good black ice or snowflake so we'll see what I find.

The firefish still has those weird patches on it but he's eating and acting fine so I'm convinced it's a harmless condition.

And finally, the banggai's are getting bigger by the day and the female has been unusually fat the last couple days, even in the morning before I feed. I don't want to jinx it, so I'm not going to say what I hope is going to happen fingerscrossed

SELECT THE 1080 HD OPTION PEOPLE

Also, just a warning there's a word of foul language in the beginning (if you have kids around..)

Okay, so I'm sitting her with my mom on the couch using my laptop. Long story short, my earphones had come unplugged without getting my attention... :unsure:

"Stupid undissolved salt sitting at the bottom!"

"Peh! Hahaah!"

"AW FAWK!"

"Tehehehehehe!"

EDIT: Subbed... :stalkerish:

You missed a line, you're not a proper stalker :P

Aww! :(

On the topic of stalking, I was Facebook stalking my friend, who recently moved to Texas, and I was snooping around her friends list. Every person's profile picture was like them in a cowboy costume or them in the forest holding a gun next to a bleeding animal... The South is jank! :o

Thanks for the vid yosh :)

The cardinals spawned :D Check out my breeding thread here

Wait, was it these or the mandarins that I called dibs on their fry?? :huh:

Dibs on fry anyways.

EDIT: Of course, I can pay for them. I can (in)breed them and double my investment!

Archived