SaltCritters.com

29 gallons of awesome

altolamprologus

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
altolamprologus

Is it just refferring to sado masochism? Not as interesting as I though it was gonna be. Stop messing up my thread with boring crap!

You peple still confuse me :(

i have no idea what this guy is talking about

Good.

Oh look a pretty picture

DSC00080.jpg

(Let me know if the colors are off, on a laptop again)

altolamprologus
Good.

Oh look a pretty picture

DSC00080.jpg

Yeah it looks fine, except for the algae I've been neglecting to clean. My excuse is it's habitat for pods.

Good.

Oh look a pretty picture

DSC00080.jpg

On my phone the GSP look a bit yellow and they're so bright that the color blends to where you can't see individual polyps towards the top of the colony.

And my phone is at the lowest brightness possible...

altolamprologus
Tank looks fantastic alto!

Thanks :) Means a lot coming from someone who has one of the most amazing tanks I've ever seen.

is this with yoshii's new camera right?

what's that box thing?

like how established you tank looks.

Yeah it's with her new camera. Notice how it's not grainy like the pics from the camera I have?

The box is a plastic guppy breeder filled with ochtodes macro algae.

On my phone the GSP look a bit yellow and they're so bright that the color blends to where you can't see individual polyps towards the top of the colony.

And my phone is at the lowest brightness possible...

Yeah it does look a bit yellow. I can't see the individual polyps either but w/e I see them everyday :lol:

altolamprologus
How do you keep your xenia alive? Mine always dies..

I do everything you're not supposed to do. I dose without testing (or even measuring for that matter), I feed a lot a couple times a day, I do large water changes without matching pH, oh yeah, and I have 2 mandarins in a nano. Could the abundance of food coupled with clean water and high mineral levels. In everything I've read about xenia dying it seems people try to either keep "clean" systems with very little food and a lot of water changes, or they do "dirty" systems with high nutrient levels. Instead of one or the other I chose the middle road and it works for me.

This :happy: It looks amazing! Great job

Thanks :) It's getting close to the one year mark too! I started it the first week of December 2010.

altolamprologus

Small update on the cardinals. Both are eating and seem quite healthy, but the larger one (male according to vent method of sexing) has a much bigger appetite than the smaller female. The male goes after pretty much everything that moves but the female will spit out all but just a few pieces of food :( She doesn't even want live brine!

altolamprologus
What kind of snake do you have?

Black and white banded california king snake.

Why so curious? <-see what I did there?

Black and white banded california king snake.

Why so curious? <-see what I did there?

Nice. Aren't those venomous?? :huh:

You should get a tropical snake!! They be awes.

And yes, I see what you did there. Trololol

altolamprologus
Nice. Aren't those venomous?? :huh:

You should get a tropical snake!! They be awes.

And yes, I see what you did there. Trololol

Nope not venomous.

Something actually related to my tank: I think my mom is on the verge of letting me set up a cardinal breeding tank :D And my cardinals are finally eating well. Still picky as heck though.

Nope not venomous.

Something actually related to my tank: I think my mom is on the verge of letting me set up a cardinal breeding tank :D And my cardinals are finally eating well. Still picky as heck though.

Mmm, fun. That would make 9 tanks?

altolamprologus
Mmm, fun. That would make 9 tanks?

Something like that.

My freshwater pipefish spawned today :D I'm going to try to raise the babies. So far I haven't found any substantiated reports of anyone successfully rearing them in captivity, so my brother and I may be the first fingerscrossed

Something like that.

My freshwater pipefish spawned today :D I'm going to try to raise the babies. So far I haven't found any substantiated reports of anyone successfully rearing them in captivity, so my brother and I may be the first fingerscrossed

Dibs on offspring.

Alto's mandarins are spawning! omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg

Dibs on offspring.

EDIT: I have money... and sponges. :P

Archived