Cultivated Reef

29 gallons of awesome

altolamprologus

Cute bird. I got some live phyto! the yellow feather duster that threw its crown has grown a new one (fast!!) so I fed it and the other brown/white duster I have. I have not seen them sinc eI fed them . :unsure:

feed daily right?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
altolamprologus
Cute bird. I got some live phyto! the yellow feather duster that threw its crown has grown a new one (fast!!) so I fed it and the other brown/white duster I have. I have not seen them sinc eI fed them . :unsure:

feed daily right?

Glad to hear the one that dropped its crown is doing ok! Don't worry about not seeing them, they'll come back out. Yes, feed everyday.

altolamprologus

I got some new goodies today :) I got an orange and green yuma, a pair of white spot anemone shrimp, and some zoas. Pics coming soon!

altolamprologus

My coral arrived!!! It's looking pretty pathetic right now, but I'm starting to see some bright red polyps peek out :D

altolamprologus

I'm pretty sure live aquaria photoshops their pictures. The flesh of the digi is supposed to be purple, but it's most definitely white, even under 100% actinics. The coral is still cool, but it's definitely not what I thought I was ordering. GFY liveaquaria :angry:

altolamprologus
I noticed a little while ago LA started over saturating some of their pics :/

But it should still color up! :D

I hope so :(

altolamprologus
That's really pretty! I love your tank! omgomgomg

Thanks Euphy! :) Do you see the black circle on the back wall where my koralia used to be?? Still waiting for the coralline for fix that :lol:

Again, pretend Alto is posting these

DSC02038.jpg

DSC02059.jpg

The "Lawn"!

DSC02063.jpg

Yea that's right, stock lights! B)

DSC02076.jpg

Flame Scallop, sorry, the cleaner shrimp wouldn't move its antenna out of the way!

DSC02097.jpg

the Male White Spot Anemone Shrimp

More pics on the way! :)

im confused -_-

Are you guys related, dating, friends?

Also how are the mandarins doing, eating frozen i assume?

I can't believe the SPS u got with the ####ty stock Power Compact bulbs, the tank looks great and developed

(coraline helps) plus it seems like maintenance is minimum which is always good :D

altolamprologus
im confused -_-

Are you guys related, dating, friends?

Also how are the mandarins doing, eating frozen i assume?

I can't believe the SPS u got with the ####ty stock Power Compact bulbs, the tank looks great and developed

(coraline helps) plus it seems like maintenance is minimum which is always good :D

We're friends and she lives around the corner from me lol

The mandarins eat a lot of frozen. Every time I feed them PE mysis the male makes it his mission to hunt down and eat every single piece. The male is still skinny though :( I think he might have an intestinal parasite like a tapeworm or something that's stealing nutrients. They still spawn a few times a week though so it doesn't seem to be affecting him too much.

Thanks, power compacts aren't as crappy as people make them out to be. Although I'm going to be adding a panorama pro directly above the sps to get better color out of them.

Archived