Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

29 gallons of awesome

altolamprologus

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
altolamprologus
Nice shots and beautiful mandarins.

I think the female is gravid and they have been showing spawning behavior so I think mandarin babies are in my future!

:eek:

Those are my first choices of things to add to a tank other than clowns and a jawfish... :P

I miss my pompoms. I've always wanted a Mandarin. They offer Mandarin at my school because about 50% of the people at my school are Asian and 50% of them speak minor to fluent Asian dialects. Some girl that I know taught me how to say penis in Chinese... Well at least that's what she said it was. It was a rather long single word, if it was a single word, because it was like "taI chaow PU tun yen"... I think it may have been a phrase that would make me look stupid to Chinese people. I KNOW HOW TO SAY GRAPE IN CHINESE! It's pronounced "POO-TOW"... I guess like "PU tao" or something... Maybe. They had "learn Chinese" shizz on the reverse side of your fortune in the fortune cookie that came with your Chinese meal on Thursdays at my middle school way back when. Ah, those were the days! There was a rager dude that sat about 20ft away from my little "lunch posse" and he would just drink a coke for lunch. He never ate anything. Maybe he had some sort of eating disorder? IDK but he would always get in fights and it was hilarious to watch. Luckily he went to a different high school than I. I saw him walking home one day and he looked really angry so I started laughing and he gave me an angry look. I know I shouldn't have laughed, but he was always mean to me in middle school. He would swear at me and stuff. He would always have to talk to the principal, and since I was the "office TA" I got to sit in a special chair near the secretaries and I heard all the gossip. The principal left his door open when he talked to people, so I knew everything that was happening and the story from all sides. Anyway, they couldn't punish the dude because he was mentally ill so he always got off the hook and he kept on being mean to people. They couldn't even give him lunch detention because of his medical records and stuff. Haha, there was one girl that brought marijuana to school and the principal had to talk to her to tell her it wasn't okay. She just brought it for show-and-tell, so it's not like she was going to steal Miley Cyrus's bong and smoke it.

altolamprologus
:eek:

Those are my first choices of things to add to a tank other than clowns and a jawfish... :P

I miss my pompoms. I've always wanted a Mandarin. They offer Mandarin at my school because about 50% of the people at my school are Asian and 50% of them speak minor to fluent Asian dialects. Some girl that I know taught me how to say penis in Chinese... Well at least that's what she said it was. It was a rather long single word, if it was a single word, because it was like "taI chaow PU tun yen"... I think it may have been a phrase that would make me look stupid to Chinese people. I KNOW HOW TO SAY GRAPE IN CHINESE! It's pronounced "POO-TOW"... I guess like "PU tao" or something... Maybe. They had "learn Chinese" shizz on the reverse side of your fortune in the fortune cookie that came with your Chinese meal on Thursdays at my middle school way back when. Ah, those were the days! There was a rager dude that sat about 20ft away from my little "lunch posse" and he would just drink a coke for lunch. He never ate anything. Maybe he had some sort of eating disorder? IDK but he would always get in fights and it was hilarious to watch. Luckily he went to a different high school than I. I saw him walking home one day and he looked really angry so I started laughing and he gave me an angry look. I know I shouldn't have laughed, but he was always mean to me in middle school. He would swear at me and stuff. He would always have to talk to the principal, and since I was the "office TA" I got to sit in a special chair near the secretaries and I heard all the gossip. The principal left his door open when he talked to people, so I knew everything that was happening and the story from all sides. Anyway, they couldn't punish the dude because he was mentally ill so he always got off the hook and he kept on being mean to people. They couldn't even give him lunch detention because of his medical records and stuff. Haha, there was one girl that brought marijuana to school and the principal had to talk to her to tell her it wasn't okay. She just brought it for show-and-tell, so it's not like she was going to steal Miley Cyrus's bong and smoke it.

Whoa :eek: I'm not even sure what the point of all that was. But thanks for the entertaining life story :P

Whoa :eek: I'm not even sure what the point of all that was. But thanks for the entertaining life story :P

Sorry, I went off on a tangent. Each thing triggered a memory. :scarry:

altolamprologus
Sorry, I went off on a tangent. Each thing triggered a memory. :scarry:

At least we know your neurons are still connected!

altolamprologus
I still demand a video of the mandarins "dancing"

I'm going to try to get it tonight. They should be starting soon.

Your mandarins are doin it already? I WANT THE BEBBIES :angry:

Yep, and I watch! I'll give you a discount on babies ok?

altolamprologus
OK

i think my fuge is working because there are bunch of pods out at night :D

Yay pods! I want to put a fuge on this tank, but I'm not so good with diy stuff.

Go to Home Depot and get a cheap fluorescent bulb for $3 and a fixture for $15. That's how I grow my chaeto. Just bolted the fixture into the wall and done. :D

altolamprologus
but all you need is to get a light and put some cheato in the chambers? that could work...or an in-tank media holder?

I was thinking of that, but if I'm going to put out the effort to make a fuge I want to do it as big as possible and gut the stand to have a 10 gal fuge or something like that. I don't need the nutrient removal (highest my nitrate has been in months is .5 ppm) I just need more pods

Go to Home Depot and get a cheap fluorescent bulb for $3 and a fixture for $15. That's how I grow my chaeto. Just bolted the fixture into the wall and done. :D

I'm renting, so no bolting stuff to walls :(

altolamprologus
Lol I just drilled 4 giant holes in the ceiling in my dad's apartment to hang a light

Yeah but the management there deserves it...

So the male mandarin has been diplaying to the female and following her but so far she's not interested

Yeah but the management there deserves it...

So the male mandarin has been diplaying to the female and following her but so far she's not interested

Really..? :unsure: Seems nice here so far

COME ON GIRL, MAKE SOME BABIES

Do y'all have a Wii?

I do, but I don't use it much

Archived