ReefCleaners.org

29 gallons of awesome

altolamprologus

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
altolamprologus
whats the name of that fish store in the LBC? Imma get my stroll on and make a visit.

Age of Aquariums

altolamprologus

In the bags:

IMG_1823.jpg

IMG_1821.jpg

Yoshii, I found a pink and white in our area!!

No pics of them in the tank yet, they're busy munchng away on phyto and oyster feast so the water's a bit cloudy

Yoshii, I found a pink and white in our area!!

No pics of them in the tank yet, they're busy munchng away on phyto and oyster feast so the water's a bit cloudy

Wow is the first one really a neon/light green?? :o

omgomgomg Yay! I'm guessing Aquarium Concepts?

altolamprologus
Wow is the first one really a neon/light green?? :o

omgomgomg Yay! I'm guessing Aquarium Concepts?

Yep, it's chartreuse. I'm hoping it gets brighter like the yellow and purple one did. And yes, I got them at AC. They were a bit expensive though. But they were cool so I didn't mind. It also helped that my mom paid and not me.

altolamprologus

Some new pics:

I got this guy yesterday. He's a bit skinny but I'm hoping my 3X daily feedings of live phytoplankton will bring him back to health. (yes I know this is a horrible pic)

IMG_1836.jpg

IMG_1752.jpg

IMG_1802.jpg

IMG_1817.jpg

Why are mandarins so difficult to photograph?

IMG_1741.jpg

IMG_1704.jpg

IMG_1685.jpg

IMG_1664.jpg

Lol I totally forgot you were getting the flame "scallop" Have you seen pj's pico? He has a flame in there, but feeds 10-15x a day I think

That last pic of the shrimp made me laugh :lol:

altolamprologus

Beware: long post

So I've been testing my water almost every day and here's the general trend:

Calcium drops by about 20ppm every week, despite 4-5 gallon water changes

Alk drops by 1dkh every day

Nitrate and phosphate are undetectable

pH hovers around 8.2

My fresh saltwater mixes to 560 ppm calcium and 8 dkh

I now dose a small amount of a dkh buffer every morning to keep the alk at 9dkh and I did an 8 gallon water change yesterday to try to bump up calcium and trace minerals.

Here's the test results from a few minutes ago:

Calcium 460ppm

Alk 9dkh

pH 8.2

Phosphate undetectable

nitrate 0

I'm thinking about doing a 2 part but I'm afriad of messing it up and crashing my tank

Also, my yellow and purple feather duster hasn't come out since I got back from vacation so I think it either lost its crown or died :tears: But the weird thing is I feed all my dusters like crazy so there's no way it starved, I did a water change just before I left, and my brother (who has a decades worth experience with freshwater tanks) followed my instructions spot on for feeding and topping off. I can't see any reason why it would be in distress.

On a happier note, I think the duster made babies. A while ago I noticed a tiny little duster the exact same color as the bigger one on the same rock. Now that one has gotten a bit bigger and there is a second one, again the exact same color, on that rock. Another duster species I have multiplies asexually so is it possible this one can too?

altolamprologus

Quick update.

I got 4 new corals, a rainbow monti and red zoas with a blue center that I got last weekend, and I just got 2 birdsnest corals from Yoshii(you're the best :D)

Sorry no pics, yoshii has the camera

Stinks about that yellow feather duster! It was so pretty! :tears:

Oh, you should have kept it for another day so you could get pics of your new corals! :(

altolamprologus
Stinks about that yellow feather duster! It was so pretty! :tears:

Oh, you should have kept it for another day so you could get pics of your new corals! :(

It's ok, I'll get pics of them some other time.

And it turns out the feather duster is still alive, it just lost it's crown. It only comes out at night and it's crown is still really small, but it's growing back. And the "baby" dusters are getting bigger :happy:

altolamprologus

Nothing has really been going on in my tank. I do have a eunicid worm, but he's not bothering anything. The mandarin has definitely gained weight. I can no longer see her bones, and she is even getting a small beer belly :D

altolamprologus

yep, that's a hammer sweeper tentacle stuck to the birdsnest...

IMG_2022.jpg

my clown hosts the xenia at night, but won't go near it during the day

IMG_2017.jpg

IMG_1938.jpg

IMG_1879.jpg

IMG_1875.jpg

IMG_1927-1.jpg

IMG_1926.jpg

im sure you do

so does this mandy live only the pods you raise? does it eat frozen? fuge or no fuge?

im getting a 10g sump mostly fuge and i want a mandy omgomgomg

but will the fuge be enough? what do you think?

altolamprologus
im sure you do

so does this mandy live only the pods you raise? does it eat frozen? fuge or no fuge?

No fuge, eats pods I raise and frozen 1-2 times per day.

altolamprologus
So you finally got the forest fire :P It's going to look beautiful once it grows!

IKR!! I can't wait until it gets bigger. Brian said he's going to get me a frag of his other digi too. I think it's called a peach smoothie or something like that.

Archived