Coral Vue Hydros

29 gallons of awesome

altolamprologus

Is it connected to wifi?

EDIT: Sorry, stalkerish question... :P

Um I think so

but my internet at the house it's at is messed up right now

Oh Alto I'm going to ask if I can bring the camcorder over so we can try to get video of the mandarins :)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Um I think so

but my internet at the house it's at is messed up right now

Lawl, last year I discovered that my wii connected to my wifi so I purchased a game with Wii Speak and chatted with random people. There was this one girl named Dannie and she lived in England. She was nocturnal, so I was like 2:00 AM in the morning when we were playing together. And then there was this dude who said he was about 9 and he had a really high-pitched voice (even more so than mine) and I enjoyed talking to him. Then one day, I went to his town thingy on the game and he had Nazi flags everywhere so I got scared. I cussed him out and deleted him as a friend, but before that I took a picture of the stuff and reported him to the forum moderators on which I exchanged friend codes with him to play the game together. Those were the days. :D

Now I have a Wii Speak channel on my Wii and it's like Chat Roulette without video and you can report people if they start doing bad things. Baaaad things. :scarry:

I've never used it though. The thought of talking to random people scares me... But I did that on that game I played last year, so I guess it's not too weird. But they were like proven kids so it was as chill as ice.

I'm off on a tangent now. Teehee.

I wanna watch the mandarins dance! Only seen it on Aminal Panet.

altolamprologus

No babies tonight. Female was completely uninterested the whole time. I swear she's gravid. There's no other reason for her to get that fat that fast. Maybe the eggs just aren't ripe yet?

Yoshii, the mandarins pretty much only pay attention to each other about 1/2 hour before the lights go out so you wouldn't be able to get a vid of them dancing. But you can still bring it so I can take some decent pics :)

I remember when I had guppies that they females would still get interested while pregnant. Here's a fun factoid... They can store the sperm and use it to fertilize the next batch! It's like their own personal mini sperm bank.

altolamprologus
When did you first notice she was extra fat?

Yay! :D

Yesterday she was abnormally fat even though I hadn't fed them yet that day then she continued to get fatter later in the evening and thoughout today. You know how we could see the ovipositor on the clown before they spawned at ATL? I could see kinda the same thing today, except it wasn't white.

This is exactly what they do, except they usually stop an inch or two before reaching the surface and they don't do it as often. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LTus19Ezas&NR=1

I remember when I had guppies that they females would still get interested while pregnant. Here's a fun factoid... They can store the sperm and use it to fertilize the next batch! It's like their own personal mini sperm bank.

Even funner factoid: They can store sperm for up to 6 months.

Oh god, thank god human females can't do that.

Yesterday she was abnormally fat even though I hadn't fed them yet that day then she continued to get fatter later in the evening and thoughout today. You know how we could see the ovipositor on the clown before they spawned at ATL? I could see kinda the same thing today, except it wasn't white.

This is exactly what they do, except they usually stop an inch or two before reaching the surface and they don't do it as often. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LTus19Ezas&NR=1

Well I'm excited for babies omgomgomg

Patience :)

altolamprologus

Oh and I remember reading a lot of people describing the female as looking like she swallowed a marble before spawning and that's exactly what it looks like. So maybe tomorrow night?

Well I'm excited for babies omgomgomg

Patience :)

I'm excited too, but mostly so I can say I told you so to every who still believes mandarins can't be kept in nanos.

Screw patience! I want babies now. And I want them to skip the larval stage and go straight to being mini-adults.

My favorite female guppy, Kara, yeah, well she had 212 babies one time. The next time she got pregnant, she became so fat that she literally exploded. She was internally bleeding and there were open gashes covering her stomach.

altolamprologus
My favorite female guppy, Kara, yeah, well she had 212 babies one time. The next time she got pregnant, she became so fat that she literally exploded. She was internally bleeding and there were open gashes covering her stomach.

OMFG. Back when I bred guppies the most I got was about 150, even from my giant females. I feel like my mandarin is going to explode. That sounds very painful to say the least.

Oh and I remember reading a lot of people describing the female as looking like she swallowed a marble before spawning and that's exactly what it looks like. So maybe tomorrow night?

I'm excited too, but mostly so I can say I told you so to every who still believes mandarins can't be kept in nanos.

Screw patience! I want babies now. And I want them to skip the larval stage and go straight to being mini-adults.

Hahaha :lol:

Well I want a mini Black Tip Reef Shark then. that won't eat my fishies

:o EWWW

POOR THING!

altolamprologus
Hahaha :lol:

Well I want a mini Black Tip Reef Shark then. that won't eat my fishies

Right after I make 6 inch long whales ok? Can't rush genetic engineering!!

Can't rush genetic engineering!!

... But ORA does...? :mellow:

Kara was SUPER ugly. Green/black/brown tail. All of my guppies were inbreeding, so most of them had deformed backbones and a lot died from retardation. :tears:

altolamprologus
... But ORA does...? :mellow:

Kara was SUPER ugly. Green/black/brown tail. All of my guppies were inbreeding, so most of them had deformed backbones and a lot died from retardation. :tears:

Unless they were born with it, deformed backbones are cause by tuberculosis, which is very common in overcrowded guppy tanks. Mine had it too...

Unless they were born with it, deformed backbones are cause by tuberculosis, which is very common in overcrowded guppy tanks. Mine had it too...

Oh... Well then. :rolleyes:

Mine still inbred. I had no clue what incest was or that it was wrong, so I just let them do it.

I actually had an albino gubby, but it got a swim bladder infection and died. It had red eyes and it was like really cool. I got it at PetSmart! :happy:

One of my old swordtails got that too

Learned another thing today :)

Wait, it's like unapparent if they are born with it because they be so small that y'all can't even see their backbones.

I threw the ones with deformities in a little plastic pond that we installed into the ground in my sideyard. I didn't feed them, but they lived like kings in there with the mosquito larvae. They ate the leaves and stuff in the winter. They had their own mini-population of deformed guppies. You know, I feel like cleaning that thing out and adding more guppies! Too bad there's a dead rat in the pond preventing me from doing that. :(

altolamprologus
Wait, it's like unapparent if they are born with it because they be so small that y'all can't even see their backbones.

I threw the ones with deformities in a little plastic pond that we installed into the ground in my sideyard. I didn't feed them, but they lived like kings in there with the mosquito larvae. They ate the leaves and stuff in the winter. They had their own mini-population of deformed guppies. You know, I feel like cleaning that thing out and adding more guppies! Too bad there's a dead rat in the pond preventing me from doing that. :(

Trust me you'll know if they're born deformed. I used to breed a crapton of them (fed the ugly ones to my neighbor's jack dempsy and sold the pretty ones to the LFS :D) and on occasion I would get ones born deformed and it's extremely obvious. Tuberculosis deforms the spine over time and usually affect females the most.

My science teacher brought in some of her show-quality guppies today. She enjoys breeding animals. All kinds of animals. :mellow:

altolamprologus

I bought something for this tank. All I'm going to say is it's coming from Indiana and is being shipped overnight. Any guesses?

altolamprologus
Can I "guess"? :P

Btw, idk if I can get the pics up tonight, I gotta go take care of my guppies and shrimp <_<

No you may not. It's not guessing when you already know the answer.

It's ok, take your time on the pics. Try not to kill the guppies ok? :P

Archived