Top Shelf Aquatics

NC12: diary of an L.A. tank

gena

WOW Those rics are just gorgeous!

I didn't see any that I liked at the frag swap I went to this past weekend. I'll have to order from reef gardener once I get some more cash.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WOW Those rics are just gorgeous!

I didn't see any that I liked at the frag swap I went to this past weekend. I'll have to order from reef gardener once I get some more cash.

Thanks, Hravanii!!!! I've never seen any brightly colored rics locally. The only places I've found them have been online....reefgardener and corallmorphologic.

Let me know when they are ready! I would love to take a few off your hands!

I will :) I'm going to try feeding them to speed up the process!

All I can say is wow, I am super jealous of this tank!! Nice job!!

Twice a week h2o changes!! Holy smokes, I travel for work so once a week is a major task

All I can say is wow, I am super jealous of this tank!! Nice job!!

Twice a week h2o changes!! Holy smokes, I travel for work so once a week is a major task

Thank you, Silkk!!!! I'm a stay-at-home mom so I have almost all the time in the world. Yep...I know I'm a lucky girl (and don't take it for granted). It's easy to devote a lot of time to my tank :happy:

surgicalsense

Gena the ric's on the sand bed like that look so pretty. Like circular throw rugs and the mix of colors so eye catching. Can you try to get a top shot if able?

Ditto, TOTM ;)

Firefish still have that angry grimace on it little face.

But the algae isn't gone yet!!!!!! Thanks, you guys :happy:

Today is my water change day so I will get another top down shot.

Last night my other shrimp spawned and these were fertilized!!!!! I could actually make out that they were tiny baby shrimp!!!! Their little legs were going all over the place. I felt sorry for them :( I wish they could be raised. Everybody was making a meal of them. It was awesome nonetheless.

Cyano is still driving me bananas. I know it's from snail deaths too. It's growing on the tips of coral...just looks so unsightly. Hopefully this cycle of bacteria will be done soon. Yucky!

Maybe some of the babies were able to hide fast enough. You might see little shrimpies now :happy:

I probably just blasted them to death with my turkey baster :unsure:

It would be cool!!!!!

If you wanna wait for the TOTM......OK fine.

but hands down you have........TMFTOTM

The most fertile tank of the month!!!!!!!

Little shrimpies! I bet if they are there and managed to hang on they are fine!

Anyways it's free fish and coral food!

Horniest TOTM. Great title when you run!

And I thought things had really calmed down in my tank lately :lol:

Oh well....free food is always good. It gives the fishies some variety!

I looked in my tank this morning and saw my pom pom crab standing over a very white pom pom crab. My first reaction was OH NO! But then I realized it was just a molt. He/she (I can never tell which) had just molted and I just missed it in action....it would have been so cool to see!!!!!

I snapped a photo of the molt as well as a top down shot of my ricordeas for Danielle :happy:

pommolt.jpg

ricordeatop.jpg

Archived