ReefCleaners.org

NC12: diary of an L.A. tank

gena

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want on this list of sharing of rics! :)

I've got a few nice yumas I can share back once they start splitting. When do we gets pics of the new stuff gena?

I agree Joel!!!!! Thanks, Randi!!!!! And Felicia...you know you are on my list :happy:

Happy update time. The ricordea have arrived. As beautiful as I expected them to be!!!!! Morgan even threw in an extra orange w/green mouth ric. In addition....my replacement pump (maxi-jet 600) arrived and is in the tank. WHAT a DIFFERENCE!!!!! It's whisper quiet. I'm tempted to buy a couple more as backups since that style has been discontinued!!!!!

Water change is done is all complete :)

Oh....a picture (sorry, a little blurry). :happy:

newrics.jpg

Yes, those rics are BEAUTIFUL!!

where did you get the Maxi-jet 600?

Do you think that will create enough water flow in a stock JBJ 12 gallon? I know you aslo have the MP10 as well?

Thanks

I got the pump on eBay. If you don't have a powerhead for extra flow in your tank, you'll want to go with the 900 (if you're looking for more flow). This seems about equal, or a just a little more flow, compared to the stock pump.

I think your pump is the one that runs my skimmer. It's either the maxi jet or a rio, either way it's discontinued so when it craps out I'll either have to find a new pump or just get a nice new cone skimmer :)

nevermore1701
I agree Joel!!!!! Thanks, Randi!!!!! And Felicia...you know you are on my list :happy:

Happy update time. The ricordea have arrived. As beautiful as I expected them to be!!!!! Morgan even threw in an extra orange w/green mouth ric. In addition....my replacement pump (maxi-jet 600) arrived and is in the tank. WHAT a DIFFERENCE!!!!! It's whisper quiet. I'm tempted to buy a couple more as backups since that style has been discontinued!!!!!

Water change is done is all complete :)

Oh....a picture (sorry, a little blurry). :happy:

newrics.jpg

I officially hate you, your rics are far prettier than mine (though to be fair I paid a whole ~$20 for three singles (one of which is already dividing) and a triple.

Unfortunately with ricordia you usually get what you pay for. I hand pick every single polyp out of a selection of several hundred. So only the rarest colors and biggest polyps make it onto my site. I'll let other people sell the so/so colors. ;]

nevermore1701
Unfortunately with ricordia you usually get what you pay for. I hand pick every single polyp out of a selection of several hundred. So only the rarest colors and biggest polyps make it onto my site. I'll let other people sell the so/so colors. ;]

I'm happy with what I got, as they were basically an add-on to an order, but when I'm ready to get more there's no question I'll be ordering from you!

I'm adding the rest of the ricordia to my site as we speak. I will try to get more soon, these have been so popular I have already sold 75% of them.

Looking great Gena!

Reefgardener.net

Gena's pics are proof that you don't alter your pics!!!

Simply beautiful!!!!!

Archived