NC12: diary of an L.A. tank

gena

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Amazing!

Thank you, Patrick!!!!!

---------

:lol: Thank you, Ethan!!!! I'm gonna look for your diary. There's not a lot to it. Just give it lots of love and dedication. Choose easy (forgiving) fast growing corals. That's my secret recipe, that anyone can follow :happy:

I love easy, fast growing corals. I don't have any in this tank yet though. I'm holding out for freebies when my local reefers prune theirs since I know people eventually give them away when they grow. I don't understand why others hate on them so much! But your tank is proof that they are awesome.

I can't remember, and I'm on my iPhone so it's hard to tell from the pics, but do you have any GSP in there?

I do...it's at the very top. It's been kind of fussy lately. Something's always crawling on it and making it close up. Plus I think the big devil's hand leather irritates it.

:happydance:

Between my new macro, my old macro, my new feeding regimen, and the biggie...distilled water....my algae problems are dwindling more and more everyday. I'm amazed :happy:

Cleared space on the sandbed for more ricordeas omgomgomg

When there's a will, there's a way :lol:

surgicalsense
:happydance:

Between my new macro, my old macro, my new feeding regimen, and the biggie...distilled water....my algae problems are dwindling more and more everyday. I'm amazed :happy:

When are you ordering? Maybe I can get in on this order?

Yaaay for more rics!

Again today on my local reef forum, people dissed things like gsp, kenya tree, and xenia as pest coral. What?! I think they look awesome and like them even more for being fast growers. Since you have a packed tank, how often do you have to trim yours?

I love your ricordea garden! You should definitely add even more to it :D

Glad to hear the algae issue is clearing up finally, although I never thought it looked bad. Like everyone else said, it was very natural looking.

When are you ordering? Maybe I can get in on this order?

I just texted you....

Yaaay for more rics!

Again today on my local reef forum, people dissed things like gsp, kenya tree, and xenia as pest coral. What?! I think they look awesome and like them even more for being fast growers. Since you have a packed tank, how often do you have to trim yours?

:P they don't know what they're talking about!!!!!!

I haven't trimmed anything yet. I have had to move a few things. I know it won't be long before I'll be cutting things though.

I love your ricordea garden! You should definitely add even more to it :D

Glad to hear the algae issue is clearing up finally, although I never thought it looked bad. Like everyone else said, it was very natural looking.

Thanks, Felicia! I cleared space along the right side of the tank. Hopefully I'll be able to squeeze the new additions in there :)

The great thing I've noticed with the algae is that what I have removed hasn't come back right away, like in the past :happy:

I know....WOOT WOOT :happydance: No sign of regrowth from what I've pulled :D

I got a nuclear green with pink mouth ricordea, pinkbluemonster, and pinkpurple.

I'll try to attach pictures through N-R hosting...not sure if it will work???? :unsure:

It worked :)

post-25164-1327439269_thumb.jpg

post-25164-1327439289_thumb.jpg

post-25164-1327439466_thumb.jpg

So pretty! They're from Reef Gardener right? The pictures she keeps posting in the gallery really make me want some but I'm done ordering online :(

The best thing about reef gardener is those corals will look JUST like that. She rocks :)

Don't be afraid to order from her Felicia. I know you've been burned a lot lately, so it's completely understandable. Hopefully mine will split and I can send you some :)

The best thing about reef gardener is those corals will look JUST like that. She rocks :)

Don't be afraid to order from her Felicia. I know you've been burned a lot lately, so it's completely understandable. Hopefully mine will split and I can send you some :)

I'm sure eventually I'll try ordering online again, but its just so upsetting to lose so much money in shipping when things don't make it. Plus, I should slow down on buying coral so I don't overfill the 30 gallon like I did the 10. I have absolutely no more space to upgrade :lol:

I hear that...losing shipping $$$$ is the worst! Bad enough you lose the corals!!!!

Ok....oddity in the tank!!!!!!

After noticing some odd behavior, I look closely, and my cleaner shrimp is eating her own eggs off her belly. My clownfish is eating the ones that come loose. I look at the other cleaner and SHE too has eggs in/on her belly!!!!! I guess they haven't decided who's male and who's female yet? I didn't even notice they had eggs until now!!!! Weirdness!!!!

surgicalsense
I hear that...losing shipping $$ is the worst! Bad enough you lose the corals!!!!

Ok....oddity in the tank!!!!!!

After noticing some odd behavior, I look closely, and my cleaner shrimp is eating her own eggs off her belly. My clownfish is eating the ones that come loose. I look at the other cleaner and SHE too has eggs in/on her belly!!!!! I guess they haven't decided who's male and who's female yet? I didn't even notice they had eggs until now!!!! Weirdness!!!!

:o

Archived