ReefCleaners.org

NC12: diary of an L.A. tank

gena

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
newrics.jpg

First, thank you :happy:

I think it depends on what you are planning to stock coral-wise. I highly recommend switching out the return pump for the maxi-jet pump. Make sure you get the original style. They recently changed them and I'm not sure if the new style can be used as a return pump????? I haven't seen one in person. If you are planning sps, you'll want the 900 return plus a powerhead in the tank. Koralias are good powerheads. Even the new maxi-jet pros look nice. Otherwise if you just want softies, I think the one maxi-jet 900 return pump, in the back chamber, would be sufficient.

I just caught up with a good bit of reading. Awesome rics! Reefgardener.net is definitely on my list of places to make a purchase in the future! Good to know about the more color in bright light, Reef Goddess.

I want in on this ric swap :flower: The orange I got came in double headed!

I have a shopping cart waiting for me on petsore.com (It looks like the same website/company as marinedepot.com but you can spend less to get free shipping.) I plan to get a maxi-jet 900 pro, so I'll let y'all know how it works as a return pump. I also plan to get the smallest koralia nano. I'm concerned it will be too much flow, but I've seen others have that same set up, so we'll see. Plus, I want to keep my new monti cap happy!

How about an updated FTS, Gena? ;)

I'll let you in on my rics, Ethan :)

I think you'll be quite happy with that pump combination. Stick your powerhead on the left side. This way the flow from the powerhead and outlet will collide to give you some random flow. Least I think that's what it is doing for me. Breaks it up a bit :)

Here's some new tank shots. I'm updating the reef and my freshwater tank. These were both just taken today. Hopefully you can see the improvement in the algae troubles. It's totally getting better :happydance:

FTS 1-28-12

fts1-28-12.jpg

Freshwater FTS 1-28-12

freshfts1-28-12.jpg

yeah. i got to sleep and do nothing and i got my mollies omgomgomg

That sounds nice! I was up before the crack of dawn this morning. I'm so exhausted. It's not normal for me to rise that early on a Saturday :lol: It will be an early night tonight unless my second wind kicks in :lol:

picpicpicpicpicpicpicpicpic

Hey...you can't drop in without saying hi to me first :flower:

And yes...I would like to see the mollies too!!!!

Thanks, Blue and Joel :flower:

Hi, Jordan :happy:

Danielle....yes, still waiting on my guppies. Hopefully THIS week. I keep getting the "next week" every time. He's trying though :)

Eric!!!!!! :flower: I don't know :lol: I'll test it for you, but it will be tomorrow. I'm pooped. I'm using the Kent Tech M...I heard that's the one to use for bryopsis. I really need to dose more though, I know that. I'm doing two water changes a week and it keeps knocking it back down to normal. But I know the dosing is doing something because it stays under control. I just need to wipe it out now :)

Im going to need you to send me those rics for further inspection. K thanks...... and don't wait forever like surgicalsense is taking to send me her zoas for inspection. :D

He needs to write it freaken down! Order them like right then and there :P

He actually goes in person to pick them up. Not sure where. He said he's tried 2 or 3 suppliers so far, nothing yet. I'm patient though because he picks out beautiful fish!!!!! Hopefully I'll have my purples before too long :)

Im going to need you to send me those rics for further inspection. K thanks...... and don't wait forever like surgicalsense is taking to send me her zoas for inspection. :D

Will do :lol: I'll put you on my list :)

surgicalsense

The rainbows? :D

Archived