ReefCleaners.org

NC12: diary of an L.A. tank

gena

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some USPS employee was asleep on the job!

:lol:

Or thought Cali was the same as Florida. LMFAO omg that's why the human race wont live forever, idiocy like that. <_<

They are making all kinds of mistakes to push for more budget i bet ya.. "oh see we are understaffed and underpaid"

BS! That package made it south not the way it was supposed to go.

HAHA tell USPS they can open it to check that the live animals in there are alive. Let them smell it. :lol:

She's a nasty beotch!!!! She just attacked him for no reason. Preggo and all :lol:

Poor guy...trying so hard to get away from her.

I'll put up some shots of them in a sec.

How do the macros look in your tank?

She's a nasty beotch!!!! She just attacked him for no reason. Preggo and all :lol:

you host the tank o' love... I think it should be Renamed to 'Le Shack' ;) all your inhabitants are in love

you host the tank o' love... I think it should be Renamed to 'Le Shack' ;) all your inhabitants are in love

It's true :lol:

I guess that's what I get for getting pairs of most things :)

Earlier today I got this photo of my pom pom female crab. She's preggo.

pomoffspring.jpg

Here they both are this evening (lights out). They are really out and about because of the feeding frenzy going on with the nass snail. He's sitting in the open brain coral. You can tell which one she is. Feeding frenzy going on in the foreground.

pomoffspring2.jpg

awe she is cute is that a bristle star in there i see behind her?

Yep...that's actually two separate stars. Technically they aren't bristle stars. I think they are referred to as serpent nano stars, or something like that. These don't have bristles on their legs (I think that's the difference).

Those stars are mating fools too :lol:

You guys are gonna love this. Just checked in on the tank and found my nano stars in a beautiful embrace. Their legs were/are actually intertwining (obviously can't capture that in a still). It was almost like a dance :)

My tank of love :wub:

starlove.jpg

No, I willl get you your dragon tongue. I'm not leaving the post until I get reimbursed. I'm still pissed, counting down the minutes till they open ....4 more hours ugh

I just spoke to UsPs. Apparently its left Florida, and is now going to be delivered on Friday...I'm never using usps again

When you get it, prune the dead off of it and stick it under some light. If it hasn't died completely. Always going to 2nd day or overnight for corals from now on, I am extremely dissatisfied with they're service now - even more so then fedex.atleast fedex ships it in the right direction lol.

surgicalsense

Poor boy crab :huh: Those pom poms are really cute and little. I would like to have one of those, but I need more coverage like you have for them?

The mermaids tail looks really neat and naturally reef looking in the sandbed ... that penny macro, not so good :lol: honestly I trashed it. Of course as soon as I can rid the tank of the microbubbles and get L to take pictures I promise I will post. I did get on him again about the FW tanks so I can share them. Oh, I also lost one of the large black neons :huh: I guess it time was up. I will get some more tiny Galaxy for the FW, they are so cute and tiny.

^^ This and how do you make it the sweet tank o' love? seriously.. what kind of lights are you running? and what are you adding in your top offs? :)

I just spoke to UsPs. Apparently its left Florida, and is now going to be delivered on Friday...I'm never using usps again

When you get it, prune the dead off of it and stick it under some light. If it hasn't died completely. Always going to 2nd day or overnight for corals from now on, I am extremely dissatisfied with they're service now - even more so then fedex.atleast fedex ships it in the right direction lol.

Hopefully it will still have some life fingerscrossed

At least it's a plant, and not an animal, that will really stink it up if dead!!!!!!

Poor boy crab :huh: Those pom poms are really cute and little. I would like to have one of those, but I need more coverage like you have for them?

The mermaids tail looks really neat and naturally reef looking in the sandbed ... that penny macro, not so good :lol: honestly I trashed it. Of course as soon as I can rid the tank of the microbubbles and get L to take pictures I promise I will post. I did get on him again about the FW tanks so I can share them. Oh, I also lost one of the large black neons :huh: I guess it time was up. I will get some more tiny Galaxy for the FW, they are so cute and tiny.

You have plenty of coverage for those crabs! Just get two at the same time so they don't fight over anemones!

I'm headed to SnT today....FW plants...woohoo :)

Maybe all the lovin' has to do with my water temperature????? I keep it at 82 consistently. I don't know :unsure:

I could just pinch those little goby cheeks! I also love seeing the serpent stars. Your pictures are great!

Thanks!!!!! Only the male has those chubby cheeks. The female is definitely more sleek.

If it was a fish/coral I would have overnighted it. I figured its a resiliant macro it'll last a couple days...meh

We're going to find out just how resilient it is :)

Just finished hand feeding my tank. I was secretly hoping when the lights turned on this morning that the algae would all be gone....no such luck :lol:

It is getting better though. My limpets didn't leave the shell they came on, though they have moved. The fuzzy chiton hasn't budged, though nothing's trying to eat him, so I assume he's still alive. The ceriths have pretty much all scattered. No sign of the cowries. The trochus are on the move.

I pulled two dead nass snails out today. Neither of them survived and I don't want their death fouling the water. No more feeding frenzy for the hermits.

No more secks going on. They are all night lovers I guess :)

Archived