SaltCritters.com

NC12: diary of an L.A. tank

gena

Oh no! I was hoping they'd each end up with one and then be able to split it to have both. :( Sorry to hear they're both pomless now. Regardless, they're still very cool looking crabs.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I entered my hermit in the POTM contest earlier today (before rehype entered :rant: .....j/k hype :happy:). Here it is in case you like it and want to vote for me :flower:

hermitentry.jpg

Damn what time did you enter? So did I. LOL

I think it was before noon....I took it right before my water change. You can't tell, but he's got some shrimp in that shell with him..still eating his dinner for the day :lol:

I think it was before noon....I took it right before my water change. You can't tell, but he's got some shrimp in that shell with him..still eating his dinner for the day :lol:

LMAO piggy crab.

I wanted to grab one of a hermit between the rics but he moved before I could get the camera.

Gena, I entered before you! Don't go stealing my votes! :P

:flower:

I just looked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's an awesome picture!!!!! You have nothing to worry about. I see a win for you this month (if you can beat hype ;))!!!!!!!

i wish my hermit would make himself ready for a good pic and i would enter he hides in the shadows lol

Try posing him. Give him some shrimp and face him to the front of the tank. I didn't pose mine, but I gave him some food to keep him still :)

Don't be too sure...sometimes the underdogs pull through ;) I really, really, like that shot a lot! Does he have a peep hole for the other eye too?

surgicalsense
i wish my hermit would make himself ready for a good pic and i would enter he hides in the shadows lol

You have a monster hermit also like mine don't you. I am sure yours is even larger then mine :lol:

surgicalsense
I don't think anyone can beat the size of your trochus? snail, Danielle. That guy is truly a monster...but so cool :)

That thing is just ridiculous in size :P L, has offically named it, Dozer. Because the way it just plows and runs over anything in its path. Knocks over coral if I do not it glued down. Runs over the mini ceriths :lol:

You have a monster hermit also like mine don't you. I am sure yours is even larger then mine :lol:

yes my hermit /occupy a turbo snails shell lol

surgicalsense

Gena... you did say you had extra filter socks you do not need? If so I would like to take those of your hands, specially if you need to purge them :)

Haha, nope he just has the one little eye hole. He likes to be stealth and never stick his head out of the shell because he can see out his peep hole.

Gena... you did say you had extra filter socks you do not need? If so I would like to take those of your hands, specially if you need to purge them :)

I have one that I never used (got it from Vivid). It was bigger than I needed. You are welcome to it :)

In other news.....

My pom pom crabs continue to entertain me. After the initial battle for poms (the female even lost a leg), and subsequent roll in the hay..I now find them tonight sitting "together" (like an old couple). They seem content just to be near each other now. Unfortunately I can't get a shot of both when the lights are on. They are only together at lights out. Here they are :)

thepomcouple.jpg

The other couple in the tank (my GBGs) make me laugh. She doesn't seem to be letting him near her. If he even gets a little close, she darts away. She's definitely playing hard to get :lol:

Haha, nope he just has the one little eye hole. He likes to be stealth and never stick his head out of the shell because he can see out his peep hole.

That is so funny! What a character. Hopefully he doesn't ever change his shell.

I placed an order with Reef-cleaners today. I picked items that were express shipping, which I always avoided in the past. I like the cheap priority shipping :lol:

I got a nice assortment of items. I wanted that electric blue hermit but refrained. I think it would bulldoze my tank. I've had one in the past. Darn....I probably should have gotten it. Oh well...maybe next trip to Vivid. That's where I got my others.

surgicalsense
I placed an order with Reef-cleaners today. I picked items that were express shipping, which I always avoided in the past. I like the cheap priority shipping :lol:

I got a nice assortment of items. I wanted that electric blue hermit but refrained. I think it would bulldoze my tank. I've had one in the past. Darn....I probably should have gotten it. Oh well...maybe next trip to Vivid. That's where I got my others.

I was looking at Reef Cleaners today also, but I was considering macro algae only -_-

Let me know when you want to make that trip.

Archived