Coral Vue Hydros

NC12: diary of an L.A. tank

gena

surgicalsense
He froze right?

Yes in a way. Even after I was able to revive it (starfish mini mouth to mouth :lol: ) it still died because it was so stressed out.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes in a way. Even after I was able to revive it (starfish mini mouth to mouth :lol: ) it still died because it was so stressed out.

Ohhh I can see you performing m2m with a tiny straw. Poor little guy.

Not a whole lot new here. My reef cleaners order is coming this week (tues) and my ricordea order should be here this week (if seller gets heat packs). Looking forward to that. The delay in shipping caused me to spend MORE money. She didn't have any bright rics listed on the website so I had to go and ask if she had any available :rolleyes:

She sent me pictures of some gorgeous oranges. I ordered 3 more :lol: I can't wait to have them again. I know I have at least one green ric. still alive in this tank. The others decided to move themselves out of sight. I hope to be able to keep these guys happy where I place them on the sand. The others were on rocks and not happy (hoping sand placement makes the difference). fingerscrossed

surgicalsense
Are you going to be able to stop by tomorrow to get your macro?

As long as it is okay to come by in the evening? Give me the window that is best for you?Also what I owe you.

Any time really. I'll be home all evening. I'll just leave them in the bags since it's just macro. I'll keep them warm for you :)

Before 9pm if you can swing it!

surgicalsense
Any time really. I'll be home all evening. I'll just leave them in the bags since it's just macro. I'll keep them warm for you :)

Before 9pm if you can swing it!

Cool and thank you. My hood for the little FW tank should be ready from Scales'n'Tails tomorrow also.

Do you know where you want to put the xenia in your tank? Let me know... we should be able to frag it very soon. I have another dividing stalk.

Cool and thank you. My hood for the little FW tank should be ready from Scales'n'Tails tomorrow also.

NP! And I don't think he's charging for the macros...so, Free :)

I'm headed to SnT on Wed. Not sure which day the FW plants are coming in (maybe today), but Wed. is the day that Tom the FW expert is there all day.....so that's the day I'm going. He can help me pick and choose the best plants for my setup.

Do you know where you want to put the xenia in your tank? Let me know... we should be able to frag it very soon. I have another dividing stalk.

I have a little ledge at the back that I was going to put it on, with the hopes that it will start growing up the wall.

surgicalsense
NP! And I don't think he's charging for the macros...so, Free :)

I'm headed to SnT on Wed. Not sure which day the FW plants are coming in (maybe today), but Wed. is the day that Tom the FW expert is there all day.....so that's the day I'm going. He can help me pick and choose the best plants for my setup.

I have a little ledge at the back that I was going to put it on, with the hopes that it will start growing up the wall.

:) sweet ... that little tank is so cute. I bought a pair of black neons to add to the FW. L wants more neons ;) he likes the shiny blue :P

:) sweet ... that little tank is so cute. I bought a pair of black neons to add to the FW. L wants more neons ;) he likes the shiny blue :P

Neons look awesome in FW planted tanks.

surgicalsense
Neons look awesome in FW planted tanks.

They do! I have 3 different pairs now in there and they all hang out now. Expect the shrimp, the prego one has gone into hidding.

I'm so excited about your new rics. How many did you end up getting total? Hopefully they stay put for you this time. They're just so finicky sometimes. One of my blue mushrooms migrated to the back of my tank out of sight the other day, ugh.

I'm so excited about your new rics. How many did you end up getting total? Hopefully they stay put for you this time. They're just so finicky sometimes. One of my blue mushrooms migrated to the back of my tank out of sight the other day, ugh.

Me too!!!!! I believe there will be 7 total, maybe 6. I'll have to double check.

I have a blue mushroom that's trying to move right now too. It's leaving a baby behind though :)

My RC order arrived today. It was supposed to be delivered with no signature required. They forgot to mark it as such. I came home from grocery shopping to find the attempted delivery notice in my mailbox :rolleyes:

Great...now what? So I called the number on the notice and explained to my PO that the items will die if I don't get that package today. They were able to track down my postal carrier. I drove a few blocks down the road to get my package :lol:

I have one DOA. One of the fuzzy chitons was immediately made a meal of by my shrimp. I still have one that appears to be alive. It hasn't moved an inch yet. My Tongan Nass snails are iffy. One is being picked at by my hermit (it was sick to begin with). The other was going in circles but finally stopped. Not sure if both will make it. Looks like only one of those has a chance at this point. Oh yes....I see one is moving normally now, so at least one will survive :)

I ordered 3 limpets that have moved a little. 3 dwarf cowries...cool critters. They have moved. A bunch of Florida Ceriths, 2 banded trochus, and some filter feeder formula.

Here's a photo of them floating. This also satisfies the new FTS requested :)

gbg11.jpg

I also took a bunch of photos of my green banded gobies today. These turned out half-way decent!

Enjoy the photo dump :)

gbg2.jpg

gbg3.jpg

gbg4.jpg

gbg7.jpg

gbg9.jpg

gbg6.jpg

gbg5.jpg

gbg1.jpg

These are just some coral shots. My blue zoanthids from sealifeinc.net and a blue mushroom. I had to move the meteor shower cyphestrea (sp?) away from this mushroom since it was bleaching it.

gbg8.jpg

gbg10.jpg

Archived