Pod Your Reef

NC12: diary of an L.A. tank

gena

So excited to see the rics!

And that FW tank is sooo pretty. Man you've gotten it looking impressive quickly :D

This is my ricordea dance :happydance:

They haven't arrived yet. I think fedex usually swings by around noon. So, a few more hours to go.

I've just thrown plants into this little FW. I don't know if it's a desirable thing or not but I'm going for jungle look and I don't care what anyone thinks or says...if it's the wrong way to go about it :lol:

I've read about making triangle shapes with your plants for proper aesthetics. If it happens, it happens.

I think I may have to stop at my LFS again today. They were supposed to possibly get a shipment in after 4pm yesterday.

Gotcha, Mark! Sleek. But, it's also extremely clean...and I even get natural sunlight hitting it during the day :unsure:

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get sunlight on my reef tank for 15 minutes a day as the sun sets it spans across the tank in a vertical bar for 15 and everything super extends in that 15 minute window lol...I wish sunlight made me super extend .D

my tank gets sunlight just before the lights come on in the morning through the window (its in my office) so i dont have much of a choice.. but.. its actually great the fish are not as jumpy when the lights kick on - and they are pretty much awake.. which is a bonus! its about an hour of sunrise - my tank is 7 foot in the room so its not like a drastic light hits it

surgicalsense

I want to go to Vivid -_- ... But I took the extra shift. Then L is having a friend over later that even for BBQ, burs and football :D

... maybe we can plan later in the month or early next month? If that is not a pain/to much.

I want to go to Vivid -_- ... But I took the extra shift. Then L is having a friend over later that even for BBQ, burs and football :D

... maybe we can plan later in the month or early next month? If that is not a pain/to much.

Whenever you want to go, just let me know :)

Here are my little pretties!!!!!

In days of old they used to be sent on tiles. These just came on small rock rubble so I had to go to the LFS (was going anyways for fw plants) to see if they had the square tiles. They did!

I spent some time puttying and gluing these to the tiles. I think they turned out pretty well :)

Look at those colors!!!!!!

rics1-13-12.jpg

FTS 1-13-12

fts1-13-12.jpg

And I added more plants to the FW tank. Ludwigia and a moss ball. The ball is so cute. When I took the photo it was in a tumbling mode. It's finally settled. I'm kind of nervous about the ludwigia. I had a heck of a time getting it to stay put. I finally had to tie it down to a piece of rock and then bury the stems in the substrate. Hopefully it will survive my roughness.

fw1-13-12.jpg

Im so jealous of your your freshwater pico gena! Ive been wanting to setup a planted tank but somehow it alludes me.... Great shots BTW

If you can set up a reef, there is absolutely no reason why you can't a planted.

nevermore1701

I had guppies for a while, they did fine in my little 5g hex, but wouldn't breed (I was trying to produce my own cichlid snacks).

They must have known what was up :lol: They probably did breed but ate the fry before you even saw them. That always disgusted me. I had a guppy tank in college and they were always having babies...and eating them. Then their poop would be black....so gross!

Ok....changing topics :lol:

Here's both of my tanks together :)

mytanks.jpg

They must have known what was up :lol: They probably did breed but ate the fry before you even saw them. That always disgusted me. I had a guppy tank in college and they were always having babies...and eating them. Then their poop would be black....so gross!

Ok....changing topics :lol:

Here's both of my tanks together :)

mytanks.jpg

I love the blinds!

Wait, you're tanked! :haha:

I love them both! The rics are beautiful.

That planting job is amazing, the one you had issues with will be fine, I had to rubber band the anubis down when I took clippings, mine grew FAST.

Be ready to do some pruning! ;)

I know I'll be pruning a lot...that's ok!!!! I already could stand to trim some of the xmas moss!

I love that the ludwigia will grow out of the water too and supposedly gets flowers blooming on it...so cool. Can't wait. I think I'm pretty much stocked on plants now. Don't think I could fit anything else!

Hopefully guppies next week :)

uh oh...I see a snail in the FW tank...should I pull it??????

I know I'll be pruning a lot...that's ok!!!! I already could stand to trim some of the xmas moss!

I love that the ludwigia will grow out of the water too and supposedly gets flowers blooming on it...so cool. Can't wait. I think I'm pretty much stocked on plants now. Don't think I could fit anything else!

Hopefully guppies next week :)

uh oh...I see a snail in the FW tank...should I pull it??????

What's it look like?

Archived